Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Trichromatic

      IPL forum is open now   01/29/2018

      Discuss about IPL at http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/forum/19-ipl-forum/
Sign in to follow this  
Cricketics

How you think will this Ashes winning squad do in South Africa

Recommended Posts

Australia are touring South Africa very soon in a month’s time. There are four test matches. Do you see them winning the series?

 

I think this South African team is good but not great. India had their chances and we faltered. If Aus get same amount of chances like we got, they will likely convert it into a win or two.

 

I see a very competitive series which either side could win.

 

South Africa winning 2-1.

 

Your predictions?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Better than us.

 

Doubt Smith will drop Hazlewood because he lacks bounce .

Aus team batting isn’t better than us though. Only Marsh and Smith scored runs in the Ashes during crucial part of the series.

 

Aus bowling is better than us but their batting lacks. Now they might perform better is another thing but currently their batting looks very weak to me and again it will be onto Smith to rescue them.

 

 

This Aus team isn’t as good. England made them look too good with 4-0 result. 

Share this post


Link to post

On the first test day 1 type of pitch, SA will struggle to get past 150 against Aussies. We conceded 286 which was way too much in those conditions. 

 

Aus can fold out like India in batting, but they will win series 2-1.

 

Even England can win the series against current SA team on these pitches. Last time SA gave Eng spicy wickets, saffers were bowled out for 80 runs.

 

Share this post


Link to post

it's going to be won by the new ball

both teams have a good top order, vulnerable middle order and joint best bowling attack in the world

going to be the most interesting series in a while

Share this post


Link to post

My bet will be on Australia to win this series. Even though Aussie batting looks weak on paper, they'd be able to handle the SA attack. Also, Aussie pace trio won't be giving them easy runs like ours did. 

Nonetheless it would be a very interesting  series for cricket lovers. Always want Aus Vs Sa test series to more than 3 tests, exciting test cricket to witness. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Aus team batting isn’t better than us though. Only Marsh and Smith scored runs in the Ashes during crucial part of the series.

 

Aus bowling is better than us but their batting lacks. Now they might perform better is another thing but currently their batting looks very weak to me and again it will be onto Smith to rescue them.

 

 

This Aus team isn’t as good. England made them look too good with 4-0 result. 

Smith 137.40

Marshall 74.17

Warner 63.00

Khawaja 47.00

Marsh 106.47

Paine 48.00

Cummins 41.50

 

Looks pretty decent averages to me that I would guess Indian players would love in a series 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, mishra said:

If he plays plays for Indian team

Wouldn't play for India,  Cummings better because he would open the batting as its been stated here India should reverse their batting order  to get results :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post

I wish South Africa beat the Aussies, just to feel better about this loss.. ha ha.

 

i think our current attack is a little weaker  than the Aussie attack, but our batting is better. 

 

I expect South Africa to prepare flat pitches 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

I wish South Africa beat the Aussies, just to feel better about this loss.. ha ha.

 

i think our current attack is a little weaker  than the Aussie attack, but our batting is better. 

 

I expect South Africa to prepare flat pitches 

 

I want Saf to do well and hope that Steyn is back to test Smith and co. 

 

Amla has actually found form back in the series so it won’t be as easy for Australia as it looks like.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I want Saf to do well and hope that Steyn is back to test Smith and co. 

 

Amla has actually found form back in the series so it won’t be as easy for Australia as it looks like.

 

 

Amla always finds form against us when we tour SA. Aussie bowlers will bounce him out with their vicious bouncers. 

Edited by WC2011INDIA

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, WC2011INDIA said:

Amla always finds form against us when we tour SA. Aussie bowlers will bounce him out with their vicious bouncers. 

Four test matches, he will surely score in there some where.

 

One can hate or not be fan of Amla, but he is a legend of the game and he will score surely.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Racial Quota policy is badly hurting SA , Aus will make mince meat of them

come on dude. Like of Amla and Rabada deserve their spot.

 

Not ideal but not badly hurting either.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

come on dude. Like of Amla and Rabada deserve their spot.

 

Not ideal but not badly hurting either.

Yes they do and Amla was in team before quota , but players like Phelukwayo are just passengers

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, saik said:

Except Smith don't see any other Aussie batsman doing well on these type of pitches.

 

Exactly. People forget that South Africa wins in Austraya all the time. That's why it's a weird series, both teams play in similar conditions 

 

austrayan batting is complete ****, btw. They can't score on anything other than flat tracks. DRS cheat Smith is the ultimate FTB, Warner can't hold a bat outside Australia. The rest of the batting lineup are a bunch of talentless nobodies. 

 

Their only saving grace is the bowling attack, but can they keep all 3 of starc hazelwood Cummings on the field for a whole series? Starc and Cummings can't go 2 games without injuring themselves 

Share this post


Link to post
Tailor-made wickets for Smith. They aren't going to make the same mistake with selection as we did. They are gonna have consistent bowling partnerships. 2-0 to Australia.
Aus batting is weaker than india.Smith can't alone save Aus .Law of avg will catch up.Uts going to be a good series.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×