India's catching has let them down - Harsha Bhogle

saik

Somebody should  tel this loudspeaker Harsha its not all about speaking and clamoring in commentary box every second or two, he should shut his mouth and let other speak too, dhoni actually did good job by kicking this clown out of the box, hope kohli does the same.

Easy temporary fix is to not pick Dhawan and Parthiv patel. Even if lokesh is injured then Rohit should be picked ahead of Dhawan 

TBH if Pant is as good as people say he is behind the stumps I see no reason why Patel is in the squad ahead of him. Heck I am sure their are plenty of Wicket keepers that are better behind the stumps than Patel. It just seems like a lazy selection.

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

Harsh Bhogle is stupid as they come. I understand catches have been a problem. But India was winning despite dropping those. The problem lies squarely on batting this time and in particular the opening stand. How does Harsh gets air time is beyond me.

In Aus/SA/NZ/Eng whenever we have won matches we have held on to our catches, in fact taken blinders (recall Dravid's 2 game changing catches off SRT's bowling in Adelaide). In India our spinners create many chances so the cracks are papered over, still we have converted a few sureshot wins to draws because of our drops, IIRC we dropped 10 catches in Rajkot against Eng and that was the only draw in that 5 test series. Dropping 1/2 catches per test is pardonable, but dropping 9? Openers click bhi ho gaye to we get 75-100 additional runs but with these many drops, their big guns are bound to hurt us and they did in Centurion. Can you point out any example where a team has dropped 9 catches and then won an overseas test? We didn't lose to SA because of batting, we lost solely because of the gulf in class in fielding, while we were dropping dollies left and right the Saffers were taking blinders. 

50 minutes ago, Khota said:

Harsh Bhogle is stupid as they come. I understand catches have been a problem. But India was winning despite dropping those. The problem lies squarely on batting this time and in particular the opening stand. How does Harsh gets air time is beyond me.

Becoz we were competing with team which were not at par with us, atleast not in our conditions

It those dropped catches that costed us Pune game and has impacted us huge in this SA series as well

When two good teams compete even slightest of mistakes can be costly. 

4 hours ago, saik said:

As many as 72 catches have been dropped by India in the last 21 Test matches. Harsha Bhogle addresses this burning issue.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-videos/19411/indias-catching-has-let-them-down-harsha-bhogle

Kya galat bola, itne catch chodhna mazak hai kya 

It wud baffled the gr8 aussie attack who use to create more chances then our bowling. 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Becoz we were competing with team which were not at par with us, atleast not in our conditions

It those dropped catches that costed us Pune game and has impacted us huge in this SA series as well

When two good teams compete even slightest of mistakes can be costly. 

yes if two teams are about the same. Currently Indian batting does not look like #1 team at all.