Shastri - another ten days of practice here would have made a difference. Kohli contradicts him

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

How can he put team physically in SA , are you guys for real ? BCCI has to cut shot its financial agendas.

Did Shastri advocate for the meaning less SL series, was he responsible for SL series ending just few days before this tour.

BAS KAER YAAR ..   JUST RECOLLECT HOW HE GOT COACH'S JOB. WHAT WAS HIS CONDITION TO BEFORE APPLYING ??

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

How do you know he did not put that across and was rejected. BCCI is in midst of getting its homeseason on more permanent basis like England and Australia.You cannot blame a coach for the itineraries what next we start blaming coaches for players not being fit.

If you can critique his coaching deficiencies. It is fine but to put itineraries and scheduling on coach is bit too much.As coach what can he do if his batting has 1 ton and one half ton for two tests.He is a coach not a miracle worker.

If he requested for better schedule and was rejected ,that shows one thing only...he was money minded just like BCCI.Sastri was one of the players with limited talent but made the most of that thru sheer practice.That being the case, he should have known even more the ill effects of several practice matches before a SAF tour.Yet despite being helpless and being well aware of the consequences  of lack of practice, he continued being coach.That means he too is at guilt.

Edited by rtmohanlal

This SL series excuse is rubbish 

Cmmn that a minnow like team cudnt we have given chances to many youngsters in test and LOI. We can send India-A team to SA but cant get many new player against such a poor team. 

But the problem is we have to give chances to our player to improve their avg - malum hai overseas tour aane wala hai 

Youngsters ko zyaada chance dena nhin kyunki malai aapas men baantni hai. 

We have so much of talent that we cud have 2 teams playing for nation at same time 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Cmmn that a minnow like team cudnt we have given chances to many youngsters in test and LOI. We can send India-A team to SA but cant get many new player against such a poor team. 

But the problem is we have to give chances to our player to improve their avg - malum hai overseas tour aane wala hai 

We have so much of talent that we cud have 2 teams playing for nation at same time 

What is your opinion about young keeper-bat talents?

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

What is your opinion about young keeper-bat talents?

Ofcourse they shud be given chances, didnt i criticize the way pant was kept on bench in WI and then not selected for SL odis

I just wrote this recently only

On 1/22/2018 at 2:10 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

To hell with u BCCI if players doing well in syed musthaq ali isnt rewarded and also who did well in ranji and are good in t20 format

Pant, samson, rana, hooda, Krunal, shankar, sundar, thampi, kulwant all shud get in a look 

Where is that so much talent, who are those who dying to show case their talents which cannot be missed, the team selected is the best we got , the only gripe anyone can have is Rahane who btw played against SL and couldn’t buy a run. But for some people he would turn it on as soon he sees Proteas bowling .

Give it a break this team as of now is not good enough to win, it is as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a must read for everyone if you want to understand about coaching. Cricket, Football, Basketball end of the day it is all the same for team sports. After reading this about Belichick you will feel like kicking this moron Shastri out. I have no desire to offend anyone or no effort to hijack a thread but giving a different viewpoint:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/bill-belichick-leadership-rules.html

See him two weeks from now. Dilly Dilly.

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This guy played international cricket from 1980 to 1992. Then he started commentating in the mid 90s and talked about all these things for 20 years. Played first class, county cricket. Manager, Coach other credentials. Only now he realizes "we didn't have enough practice"?  

This is exactly what I feel.  I’ve been watching matches from around the time this  leech has been playing.  And he has the gall to trot out such a feeble excuse?

All I can say is Shastri yaar, ya to mai sar pakad leta hoon aur tu meri baja le, ya phir tu sar pakad le aur main tere saath doctor nurse khelta hoon.  Par jaan chor de please bhadwe.

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

Where is that so much talent, who are those who dying to show case their talents which cannot be missed, the team selected is the best we got , the only gripe anyone can have is Rahane who btw played against SL and couldn’t buy a run. But for some people he would turn it on as soon he sees Proteas bowling .

Give it a break this team as of now is not good enough to win, it is as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vijay shankar shud have been given a chance 

Resting bhuvi n bumrah we cud have tried new pacers 

I really dont knw what the hell is dinesh karthik doing in that side 

1st lets play our best team and prepare well then say if we are good enough or not

15 hours ago, putrevus said:

They turned down one two day practice match not matches.How can they have gone early to SA when Sl series was finishing so late. 

Dravid went NZL early because it is under 19 team and if Dravid was coaching this team he would have had same issues.

Shastri has to be one of sharpest minds in cricket, unlike others this guy had limited talent and made most out of it.I would take him as coach over Kumble or Dravid any day.

Seriously man? He's nothing more than a yes man and a cheerleader!! He has never own up a mistake ever