Jos Butler vs MS Dhoni

maniac

Just now, Pollack said:

I would pick even Tim Paine over dhoni. Atleast he will get out and do no damage. M S Dhoni currently is a match loser. He won't get out and at the same time screw scoreboard.

To be honest I have seen Dhoni play the Butler kind of knocks in his prime but he takes this finisher thing too seriously.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

To be honest I have seen Dhoni play the Butler kind of knocks in his prime but he takes this finisher thing too seriously.

9 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I would pick even Tim Paine over dhoni. Atleast he will get out and do no damage. M S Dhoni currently is a match loser. He won't get out and at the same time screw scoreboard.

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

Jos Butler is good ODI player but he can't tie Dhoni's boot laces

Stats show Dhoni in another league 

Butler has a odi strike rate of 118 to go with an average of nearly 40....that is gold for a batsman batting at 6.

Dhoni might have a good average but 50 average with a low strike rate doesn’t help because most of that average is bloated by notouts. Not taking anything away from his  accomplishments though still to sustain that average you still need to be good notouts or not but currently Butler is on a different level.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Butler has a odi strike rate of 118 to go with an average of nearly 40....that is gold for a batsman batting at 6.

Dhoni might have a good average but 50 average with a low strike rate doesn’t help because most of that average is bloated by notouts. Not taking anything away from his  accomplishments though still to sustain that average you still need to be good notouts or not but currently Butler is on a different level.

As i keep saying judge stats at the end instead of picking individual performances to back up a theory 

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

As i keep saying judge stats at the end instead of picking individual performances to back up a theory 

Those are butlers current stats...he has sustained that average and strike rate for a while now and if I remember correctly 3 or 4 out of his 5 100s are the fastest 100s scored by an Englishman...he is real good.

As a pure keeper I personally think Dhoni is better this might be clouded by the fact that Butler is not considered for test matches.

MS Dhoni by a country mile

reasons

Dhoni has almost completed his full cycle of cricketing career.Butler has not even finished 1/3rd of his career

Dhoni leads Butler by almost 13 runs in avg:,Butler leads Dhoni convincingly in str: rate though.But Dhoni's stats need to  analysed based on almost a  decade back yardstick of tougher batting conditions though.

Then come the most important facts that tilts it completely in favour of Dhoni. Dhoni has been a big match player,a great chaser & finisher, a great aggressor towards the end of an inns all rolled into one. To add to that he has been an expert in rotating the strike with tailenders  in chasing and finishing matches. And has been good in alien conditions too.

And in tests Dhoni has convincingly better record. And he has been a brilliant captain too.