Can Pujara get a century

Just now, sandeep said:

If the cricket so far is "testing your patience" instead of entertaining you, then you don't understand test cricket.  Sorry to be harsh, but it is what it is.  

all South African commentators were talking about how slow Chepu is and that this style of play is hindering him and India. Glad you understand test cricket better than 3 ex test players. 

21 minutes ago, zen said:

There is LOIs for those concerned with SR, which is for bowlers in tests. I don’t know why ppl have to follow every format (and surprisingly have that time). On top of that expect batting performances like on a flat pitch 

statements like this reek of trying to come across as an expert on test cricket....but actually shows lack of understanding of test cricket. Rotating the strike and applying pressure on bowlers is an important fundamental of the game. Of the ATG test batsmen, how many were defensive in nature?

Sachin

Lara 

Viv Richards

Bradman 

Sobers 

Ponting 

current greats:

Smith 
Root 
Williamson 

Kohli 

see the emergent pattern? No bodies saying they expect Chepu to score at SR of 120 but just greater than the 17 he currently going at. Also wonder why Cricinfo puts strike rate on test scorecards....

3 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

statements like this reek of trying to come across as an expert on test cricket....but actually shows lack of understanding of test cricket. Rotating the strike and applying pressure on bowlers is an important fundamental of the game. Of the ATG test batsmen, how many were defensive in nature?

Sachin

Lara 

Viv Richards

Bradman 

Sobers 

Ponting 

current greats:

Smith 
Root 
Williamson 

Kohli 

see the emergent pattern? No bodies saying they expect Chepu to score at SR of 120 but just greater than the 17 he currently going at. Also wonder why Cricinfo puts strike rate on test scorecards....

Che SR is fine and has already done a great job for Ind 

Not everyone is an ATG batsman. Many have various limitations but try to do their best with what they have. If you have to give examples of ATGs, ....

Don’t waste my time with such nonsense 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Che SR is fine and has already done a great job for Ind 

Not everyone is an ATG batsman. Many have various limitations but try to do their best with what they have. If you have to give examples of ATGs, ....

Don’t waste my time with such nonsense 

Ok I accept, Pujara's strike rate is fine....for Timeless Tests. ATGs are the archetypes for how to be successful in test cricket. Whether you reach their absolute level of attainment is another thing altogether but mimicry of their style as close of possible would be the blueprint for being successful in this format.  Sorry to waste your time with mentioning that point...it was obviously too nuanced for you to appreciate. Won't waste your time with IQ>10 stuff again in the future. 

(live as I type) Commentators mentioning again how Pujara's approach not helping India 

Just now, mancalledsting said:

Ok I accept, Pujara's strike rate is fine....for Timeless Tests. ATGs are the archetypes for how to be successful in test cricket. Whether you reach their absolute level of attainment is another thing altogether but mimicry of their style as close of possible would be the blueprint for being successful in this format.  Sorry to waste your time with mentioning that point...it was obviously too nuanced for you to appreciate. Won't waste your time with IQ>10 stuff again in the future. 

(live as I type) Commentators mentioning again how Pujara's approach not helping India 

What a comedy :rotfl:  

Fyi, a team also comes under pressure when wkts are lost

Good to know that you think that if commentators say something, they must be right