So what did we gain from picking Parthiv Patel ahead of Rishab Pant?

3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Rishabh Pant is a glorified(by some fanboys) version of Suresh Raina. He is just a T20 flat track bully. If you are expecting him to come good in tests especially in overseas conditions, you are seriously deluded and know nothing about cricket. Having said that, PP is also not fit for test cricket. They should look to groom some other wicket keeper for tests.

Pant is young n should be given a run in T20 n or ODi as he has shown potential, Saha is good for test cricket for now n we can groom Samson ,Ishan for that format, the whole sad thing is the retrograde selections of past it failures by the committee n think tank, n list is endless, Dhoni, Yuvi, Kartik, Pappu, Nehra, Raina, selectors have dropped the ball big time n have done that for past few years

23 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

There is no doubt there is some serious affinity within BCCI to select mediocre Gujju players like Unakat, Parthiv who should've never been selected in first place.

gujarat is one of the new powerhouse hubs for talent. having 3 teams prolly helps in churning out new talent

As a WK, I wouldn't want Pant anywhere near the test team until he proves himself as a keeper at FC level. Same goes or Kishan. And by accounts both of them are not upto the standard of being reliable glovesmen. It is a real indictment that a country that has such a massive domestic structure is not able to produce a decent backup keeper.

12 minutes ago, Dada's Army said:

As a WK, I wouldn't want Pant anywhere near the test team until he proves himself as a keeper at FC level. Same goes or Kishan. And by accounts both of them are not upto the standard of being reliable glovesmen. It is a real indictment that a country that has such a massive domestic structure is not able to produce a decent backup keeper.

And by accounts of whom ?

@BeautifulGame
I agree with your point that PP did not show up with the bat. But there is no doubt that he is quite good with the bat in hard and bouncy conditions like in SA. 

Parthiv has demonstrated his potential in his earlier stints with team India and he has been doing really well in domestics. Thus he earned his call-back to the test team in this tour.

If Pant had to come, he should be experimented first with the limited overs team first. That cannot happen since your and a lot of ppl's favorite MSD will not vacate his spot even on a trivial tour such as home tour of SL. 

11 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

@BeautifulGame
I agree with your point that PP did not show up with the bat. But there is no doubt that he is quite good with the bat in hard and bouncy conditions like in SA. 

Parthiv has demonstrated his potential in his earlier stints with team India and he has been doing really well in domestics. Thus he earned his call-back to the test team in this tour.

If Pant had to come, he should be experimented first with the limited overs team first. That cannot happen since your and a lot of ppl's favorite MSD will not vacate his spot even on a trivial tour such as home tour of SL. 

Pappu

Ishant

Is there any other tried and tested failures that you support? When will you say enough is enough? These hasbeens continue to disappoint us and should be discarded forever. Do you also support Karthik?

I was so excited about pant due to reports and crazy runs and crazy run rate 

so first time saw him sat down ready to Be thrilled and excited . But saw and him and wild slogs across line , one handed shots as could not hold on to bat and keep shape . Then thought ok one innings , one off . Then every time saw him a played some disgusting shots with main method big heave across line for slog 6!!!

kids got a long way to go . I wouldn’t even put him in t20 team and would try someone else for now . His technique is awful for international cricket 

shaw on the other hand .... wow .....every time see him blows me away not just with runs but how he does it . Reminds me of ....gonna day it, srt . Shaw is another one , god made him to bat:giggle:

38 minutes ago, Dada's Army said:

I used to think that . Then saw him play . More worried about his batting now then keeping 

45 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Pappu

Ishant

Is there any other tried and tested failures that you support? When will you say enough is enough? These hasbeens continue to disappoint us and should be discarded forever. Do you also support Karthik?

I am not supporting Pappu at all. But he did perform with the bat in the past to make selectors get him again. His selection was made because of lack of viable wk alternative as those such as Pant, Samson etc. have not been able to play enough matches in limited over internationals since Dhoni won't vacate that spot. I am sure Papu will be removed the moment we find better alternatives but let us see when it happens. 

Ishant, yes I support his inclusion only in test team and that's it. But looks like we are having better alternatives than him in the recent times with the emergence of Shami, Bhuvi and Bumrah. 

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@King Tendulkar your honest opinion about Saha? He has may be 2-3 years left in his tank, shouldn't he be given a continuous run in stead of hyping the youngsters and TTFs?

I always give my honest oponion:giggle:

saha is superb keeper . Best in the world . At home his keeping is so vital . At home his batting is ok and does the job .

away from home keeping less vital as mainly standing back ok patel is awful up and back but most keepers good standing back and exposed when up to stumps . Saha imo overseas is poor bat and with batting line up shaky as it is leaves team even more shaky 

saying that a replacement needs to be good and not just hype . Pant is a joke to even be mentioned as test player as of yet . No other stand outs really . I would stick with saha and wait till someone shows they could be the one