Khaleel Ahmed

rkt.india

Thought he deserved a separate thread.  Khaleel Ahmed is a left arm fast bowler who played U19 WC for India in 2016 at an age of 18 and he has just turned 20 in December and now seeing him bowl after two years. He has been a revelation in terms of pace. He has been the quickest uncapped pacer I have seen since Varun Aaron in Vijay Hazare 2011. Consistently over 140KPH with top speed of 148K. Hit 145, 147, 148K today. Still raw but ingredients are there too.

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/series/khaleels-317-leaves-punjab-reeling/2001608187

Edited by rkt.india
1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Listen young kid just played handful fc games . Clocking 149 with left arm

wheels !! Excellent prospect surely ?

Not denying that all but we have seen just pace in international cricket will take you nowhere.I was talking about just that video.

I really hope he makes it fast ,as he is leftie and it would give India a great variety. I always believe in blooding youngsters as long as they are talented.

They need to have tools to succeed experience is very overrated in my book. In name of experience lot of stars have overstayed beyond their usefulness. 

Just now, putrevus said:

Not denying that all but we have seen just pace in international cricket will take you nowhere.I was talking about just that video.

I really hope he makes it fast ,as he is leftie and it would give India a great variety. I always believe in blooding youngsters as long as they are talented.

They need to have tools to succeed experience is very overrated in my book. In name of experience lot of stars have overstayed beyond their usefulness. 

I am not saying shoudl play for india . Of course not . Point has some key raw ingredients and yes one of them is pace . 

He is massivkey one to keep an eye on . Get him on A tours and other stuff . Expose him and groom him and one day you never know .

let me put it this way , keep an eye on him over unadkunt !

Not disheartened after carrying drinks for a season, Khaleel is happy to pick his idol Zaheer Khan’s brain. The youngster feels having a bowler as captain is very helpful. “I was with Zaheer bhai previous year too, as a bowler himself, he understands what is going on in my mind and guides me accordingly. Playing with him has been very beneficial to me,” Khaleel told the indianexpress.com in an exclusive chat.

After interacting with Zaheer for a season, Khaleel reveals the veteran’s advice have been very valuable in his growth as a seamer. “His advice on how important fitness is for a bowler, how to use swing and pace, how to use variation in bowling on different pitches has helped improving my traits. He also explains how to bowl in different match situations, on the kind of pitch and how and when to go for yorker or slower ones.”

For Khaleel, it’s a very exciting situation to share the dressing room with two of the finest bowlers in the world at the moment. Yet to speak to them, the youngster wants to learn about fitness, bowling in death over and more from the duo of Rabada and Cummins.

“So far I have not spoken to them (Cummins and Rabada). However having in the same side I can learn on fitness and get to know what goes on in their mind while bowling in the death overs, because it is then the pressure mounts on the bowler. However, I am concentrating and trying to focus on guidance only from Zaheer sir, It is rather advisable and it is going to be advantageous to me,” said Khaleel.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-2017-10/ipl-2017-khaleel-ahmed-wants-to-focus-on-guidance-only-from-zaheer-sir-4599084/

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/asia-cup/khaleel-ahmed-indias-new-hope-for-a-left-handed-seamer/amp_articleshow/65634806.cms

The inclusion of rookie pacer Khaleel Ahmed in the Asia Cup squad is India's latest move to find a potent left-arm fast bowler that can lend variety to an attack that has grown in stature over the years but remains without a southpaw seam-up option that is consistent with his performance.

The likes of Jaydev Unadkat and Barinder Sran haven't lived up to the high standards the Indian team has set for itself in performance and fitness, which is why the radar has moved to 20-year-old Ahmed.

Edited by tweaker

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24542109/khaleel-ahmed-rapid-rise-tennis-ball-tonk-india-odi-squad%3fplatform=amp

Khaleel's strength lies in extracting bounce even on docile surfaces - which could come in handy in the Asia Cup in Dubai and Abu Dhabi - and he's got pace too. He grew up playing tennis-ball cricket in Tonk, a Rajasthan town known for its muskmelons. On muddy surfaces where batsmen kept swinging, he learned early that the only way to beat them was by being quick through the air. Now he's trying to blend that pace and bounce with with swing to become the complete fast bowler.

These are the questions on everyone's mind, now that Khaleel Ahmed has made India's squad for the Asia Cup: How quick is he? Can he swing it back into the right-handers? Can he bowl the heavy ball? What does his action look like?

First, some background. Khaleel has only played one full season of domestic cricket - and only two first-class matches. But he has shown enough promise to win a place in Sunrisers Hyderabad's squad in IPL 2018 and get fast-tracked into the India A squads for a tour of England in June-July and the recently concluded A team quadrangular series. In his last nine outings for India A, he hasn't gone wicketless even once, and has picked up 15 wickets.

Khaleel's strength lies in extracting bounce even on docile surfaces - which could come in handy in the Asia Cup in Dubai and Abu Dhabi - and he's got pace too. He grew up playing tennis-ball cricket in Tonk, a Rajasthan town known for its muskmelons. On muddy surfaces where batsmen kept swinging, he learned early that the only way to beat them was by being quick through the air. Now he's trying to blend that pace and bounce with with swing to become the complete fast bowler.

When he first came through at the 2016 Under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh, he relied mostly on his angle across the right-hander. Over the last two seasons, he's worked closely on swinging the ball back in. This process began during a stint with Delhi Daredevils (2016 and 2017), when he didn't get to play in the IPL, but got to rub shoulders with Zaheer Khan, who was captaining the franchise at the time. Zaheer would try and get Khaleel to think for himself, ask him to set his own fields and bowl to them. Khaleel says this experience improved him significantly as a bowler.

"Being under Zaheer coincided with my improvement as a cricketer," Khaleel told ESPNcricinfo during the quadrangular series last week. "I used to just look to bowl fast, didn't think much about the technicalities, but Zaheer worked on my non-bowling arm and wrist position. The seam position used to be wobbly, because there was some problem with my grip and alignment with my thumb. Now I can swing the ball back into the right-handers."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24542109/khaleel-ahmed-rapid-rise-tennis-ball-tonk-india-odi-squad