Khaleel Ahmed

rkt.india

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24710733/nobody-likes-dropped-brought-back-rohit-sharma

On the bowling front, India could field a debutant. Jasprit Bumrah hardly bowled at the nets, while Bhuvneshwar Kumar was just bowling off a few paces. Khaleel Ahmed and Shardul Thakur however, bowled at full intensity.

Khaleel, in particular, has been talked about for a while for the pace and hard lengths he hits with his left-arm variety. Apart from calling him into the nets, the team management has fielded him on India A tours all season to give him a taste of top-flight cricket.

"I am quite excited about Khaleel," he said. "Of course he's a great variation to squad. Also, he generates quite a bit of pace. He's young, quite talented, and can swing the ball as well at the same time. I am looking forward to him playing and doing well for the country. From whatever I've seen of him, he can get batsmen into trouble. I can surely say that. He's got a great skillset, it's just a matter of going out there and doing it. Of course, he has not played a game so he'll be quite nervous but again he's got all the tools that are required to play at the highest level."

Khaleel Ahmed played just one match in IPL 2018 and bowled 3 overs.

His speeds in that match  ( rounded off )

1st over

144 k

144 k

145 k

144 k

-

Slower

2nd over

140 k

144 k

145 k

139 k

141 k

145 k

3rd over

Slower

143 k

Slower

144 k

Slower

138 k

https://www.iplt20.com/match/2018/59?tab=scorecard

Edited by express bowling

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/cricket/khaleel-ahmed-the-latest-speed-gun-to-be-selected-for-india

Khaleel Ahmed was in the news for his amazing performance in the Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy. He took 17 wickets in the tournament at an average of just 15.53. His strike rate and economy were also equally impressive. He was also noted for clocking 148 mph while bowling during the tournament.

These performances have been a huge factor in him being selected for Asia Cup 2018. He is expected to make a mark in the tournament if selected to play a match

7 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

ATB to you buddy, you have been backing him since quite a while... :)

Buddy,  I just hope that he keeps things simple.  Combines accuracy with pace ...  and does not try too many variations and slower balls.  

He has the skills and pace but lacks experience.  This is where support from the team management will come in.  

If he is made to feel welcome in the team and is not thrown out of the ODI squad if he has a couple of bad matches ... I expect him to perform steadily after a few matches.

Edited by express bowling

Khaleel comes across as a smart cricketer. Impressed with the way he used the crease and bowled around the wicket cramping up the batsman. Hit the bat hard and troubled the batsman with pace and bounce on this slow pitch. Good use of the slower balls and cross seam deliveries to get extra bounce. Also bowled some good yorkers at the end. If he can get the ball to swing into the right handers, he will be a complete package. 

There is good evidence of Khaleel picking up some tips from Zak. I loved his bowling, but would like to see him play against more seasoned teams, maybe today or later in the tournament. He might be the game changer & surely does add the variety, we need for CWC 2019.

Exciting stuff.

I hope Khaleel, Siraj & Saini are tried out in the little window of matches left between now & early 2019.