Jump to content
rkt.india

Khaleel Ahmed

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Never let a youngster near Zaheer khan. Khaleel kho zaleel bana diya.

 

Excerpt from an interview of  Zaheer Khan in 2011.  His beliefs and what he himself did.

 

"   Indian bodies not designed to bowl fast: Zaheer Khan

 

 I also dropped pace, so basically it's important to know what works for you at the international level and put that into practice."   "

 

 

https://amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/indian-bodies-not-designed-to-bowl-fast-zaheer-khan-1565076

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Excerpt from an interview by Zaheer Khan in 2011.  His beliefs and what he himself did.

 

"   Indian bodies not designed to bowl fast: Zaheer Khan

 

 I also dropped pace, so basically it's important to know what works for you at the international level and put that into practice."   "

 

 

https://amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/indian-bodies-not-designed-to-bowl-fast-zaheer-khan-1565076

Too bad. Good that shastri picked bharat arun as bowling coach. Bharat arun didnt make any changes to the way bumrah bowls. This reminds of Irfan Pathan. 

Edited by gattaca

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

 

Excerpt from an interview by Zaheer Khan in 2011.  His beliefs and what he himself did.

 

"   Indian bodies not designed to bowl fast: Zaheer Khan

 

 I also dropped pace, so basically it's important to know what works for you at the international level and put that into practice."   "

 

 

https://amp.sports.ndtv.com/cricket/indian-bodies-not-designed-to-bowl-fast-zaheer-khan-1565076

Instead of trying to work on fitness and getting stronger, he made this dumb statement. Srinath bowled quick for a lot of years. Shami, Umesh, Aaron have been bowling quick and have more or less maintained their pace all these years. Bumrah has increased his pace and is the quickest Indian bowler now and doesn't lose intensity even on the last session of a test match. All this is because these guys work really hard on their fitness and strength training. I want to know what's Zaheer's opinion now regarding it. Hope he doesn't become our bowling coach and should stay far away from our young fast bowlers like Mavi, Nagarkoti. 

Edited by Mosher

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Instead of trying to work on fitness and getting stronger, he made this dumb statement. Srinath bowled quick for a lot of years. Shami, Umesh, Aaron have been bowling quick and have more or less maintained their pace all these years. Bumrah has increased his pace and is the quickest Indian bowler now and doesn't lose intensity even on the last session of a test match. All this is because these guys work really hard on their fitness and strength training. I want to know what's Zaheer's opinion now regarding it. Hope he doesn't become our bowling coach. 

 

And this is the precise reason why I feel that Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron have played  big roles in the development of our fast bowling culture in the 2010s,  despite being  below par bowlers.

 

They made the next lot of younger quicks believe that Indians too can bowl fast for many years.

 

 

 

I was reading an interview of a trainer at the NCA in a regional newspaper.  He has been there for more than 15 years.

 

He was saying how training methods,  recovery methods, food habits etc. have completely changed from from Zaheer's time to nowadays.

 

Nowadays,  training for fast bowlers is totally focused on training and developing fast twitch muscle fibres.  Whereas our seamers of the 2000s used to do a lot of training that stimulated the slow twitch muscle fibres which are needed more for activities like marathon running.

 

He was also talking about how recovery after active training used to be via passive activities like taking massages.  Nowadays they use active recovery methods like relaxed swimming and some other methods.

 

Earlier, our seamers used to eat butter paneer, butter chicken and dal makhani type food often enough.  Nowadays, our fast bowlers mostly eat grilled and boiled stuff.

 

Big changes have come about.  Our national team trainer, Shankar Basu,  is said to be doing an excellent job.  We need people like him in the setup who believe that Indian bodies are good enough for activities involving power and strength,  if  proper methods are used.

 

 

 

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post

Looks very ordinary ...don't know what happened to all the hype of his pace. Kanga league has better left arm bowlers. I still remember Wasim telling in an interview "when you are young & raw, go for pace the rest will automatically come as you season" in our case the first thing that happens to youngsters is that they drop pace...the list is endless munaf, abhey, Irfan etc and still manage to get injured.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, singhprakash72 said:

Looks very ordinary ...don't know what happened to all the hype of his pace. Kanga league has better left arm bowlers. I still remember Wasim telling in an interview "when you are young & raw, go for pace the rest will automatically come as you season" in our case the first thing that happens to youngsters is that they drop pace...the list is endless munaf, abhey, Irfan etc and still manage to get injured.

Munaf Patel bowled quick for atleast two years. Whereas Ahmed has not bowled his usual pace even for two weeks of international cricket. Irfan was never a pace merchant, but he was picked as he could swing it. Here the problem is Ahmed was picked for pace, and he has not used pace at all since being picked.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, singhprakash72 said:

in our case the first thing that happens to youngsters is that they drop pace...the list is endless munaf, abhey, Irfan etc and still manage to get injured.

 

In the last 4 years,  apart from Khaleel,  no other Indian pacer has lost pace before the age of 30.  

 

Our seamers losing pace was very much a phenomenon of the 2000s decade.

 

Which is why Khaleel's case is so surprising.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

In the last 4 years,  apart from Khaleel,  no other Indian pacer has lost pace before the age of 30.  

 

Our seamers losing pace was very much a phenomenon of the 2000s decade.

 

Which is why Khaleel's case is so surprising.

agree not many in recent years but definitely looks like age old problem...where are our great bowling coaches and support staff ? He was looking lifeless and listless. Also any news on Nagarkoti ? Hope he does end up in never ending trundler brigade.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

In the last 4 years,  apart from Khaleel,  no other Indian pacer has lost pace before the age of 30.  

 

Our seamers losing pace was very much a phenomenon of the 2000s decade.

 

Which is why Khaleel's case is so surprising.

Also surprising is that he keeps getting picked, hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his performances till now, don't he'll improve until he is made to earn his place  

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like the selectors are obsessed with selecting a left arm quick(?) for variety..  I'd rather the best 3-4 fast bowlers in the squad..

Remember, we won the Aus Test series with three right arm fast bowlers through the series..

 

Quality is critical.. variety is only good to have.. hope they get Saini or Mavi into the squad soon..  Or maybe Siraj finds LoI success at internationals..  Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi, one of Siraj/Saini/Mavi should be the 4 quicks for the WC.

Share this post


Link to post

I like the fact that Khaleel has tried to go back to his original bowling style ... of hitting the deck hard at 136 k to 144 k and going for bounce ... in this ODI series. This is the right approach.

 

Young bowlers can sometimes go for runs in their development phase. Not a big issue.

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I like the fact that Khaleel has tried to go back to his original bowling style ... of hitting the deck hard at 136 k to 144 k and going for bounce ... in this ODI series. This is the right approach.

 

Young bowlers can sometimes go for runs in their development phase. Not a big issue.

he will start bowling like unadcutter soon enough. rarely have I seen a more confused bowler at an early stage of the career. mostly our pacers knew what their initial strengths were, stuck to them, and then fell away as they began "experimenting". but khaleel has taken the shortcut and is doing all sorts of silly things early on.

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I like the fact that Khaleel has tried to go back to his original bowling style ... of hitting the deck hard at 136 k to 144 k and going for bounce ... in this ODI series. This is the right approach.

 

Young bowlers can sometimes go for runs in their development phase. Not a big issue.

he will start bowling like unadcutter soon enough. rarely have I seen a more confused bowler at an early stage of the career. mostly our pacers knew what their initial strengths were, stuck to them, and then fell away as they began "experimenting". but khaleel has taken the shortcut and is doing all sorts of silly things early on.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...