Hashim Amla’s House in Southafrica

Shy9

I know it is his personal life, but it is ridiculous to see his wife draped in that black burqa. Looks like a ape. Just out of place in modern times!! She is probably brainwashed to say that it is her choice. Such is the power of fundamentalist religion :facepalm:!! 

Note: Just to clarify this a bit more. I am not calling Hashim Amla's wife an ape necessarily, although the comment was made in reference to her. I do not know her, have not heard anything about her in the news to form any opinion. What I intended to mean is that anyone who is covered from head to toe (including face) in a black fabric does not look human because the human features are all suppressed by the black shroud. That is where the ape comment came from. 

Also the comment about the burqa has nothing to do with Islamophobia. I am sure Hashim Amla and his family are fine people. Islamophobia is fearing, hating and discriminating against someone just because he/she is Muslim or comes from a Muslim background and attaching stereotypes to them. You can not hate a person for who they are and still be able to criticize them for any beliefs, practices, etc that you think are detrimental or in conflict with a modern open society. 

Actually many liberal minded people fall in that trap, let alone other Muslims. Any time you say anything critical of the Islamic culture, religion or society you are tagged an Islamophobe even though you are trying to make  valid point and not stereotyping people. This actually hurts the cause because Islamphobia is real and does exist in our current climate and I am symapthetic to it. All this instant labeling does is alienate more people from being sympathetic to the struggle. Same is true for homophobia as well. 

Edited by dandaroy
Fixed to avoid confusion!!

1 hour ago, dandaroy said:

I know it is his personal life, but it is ridiculous to see his wife draped in that black burqa. Looks like a ape. Just out of place in modern times!! She is probably brainwashed to say that it is her choice. Such is the power of fundamentalist religion :facepalm:!! 

Imagine how uncomfortable the other SA WAGs will feel around this ninja. How she eats or uses the washroom/washbasin is beyond me, with her face completely covered how can she even communicate with other women? Stupidity :facepalm:

On 1/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, Gollum said:

Imagine how uncomfortable the other SA WAGs will feel around this ninja. How she eats or uses the washroom/washbasin is beyond me, with her face completely covered how can she even communicate with other women? Stupidity :facepalm:

Hahaha the video is hilarious!! The white dude reading the newspaper next to them is like I can't take this bullshyt any more. Someone get them outta here or just kill me!!

Edited by dandaroy

5 hours ago, Green Monster said:

the casual racism/islamophobia in this thread is disturbing... 

There is no racism here. Muslims are not a race. 

Nothing 'phobic' about what is being discussed here either - you should know that being a so-called psychologist/psychiatrist.

14 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

brother muloghonto,

the "/" character means and or, please improove ur reading comprehension thanks

So you are denying now that you said you worked in psychiatry/psychology ?

My comprehension is just fine and i can quote you several examples of the usage of "/" as i have in the context.

i pray to allah to give u reading skills!!!

brother, can u deny that islamophobia is a real thing??? no one said it is psychiatric condition

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trudeau-we-have-a-problem-with-islamophobia-in-canada-1.3316435

this is real accross the west, espeically in us with the last few elections... i request u temper ur bigotry...

yes, i can deny its a real thing. 

The term itself is an absurd term, since there is nothing phobic about distaste or dislike towards islam/muslims. 

The dislike of Islam is valid and just. Though the discrimination against Muslims is not. 

brother, u are very stupid, psychologists and psychiatrists are two different thing... the former has an advance degree in psychology... the later is a type of physician whom goes through medical school... i am the later not former, thanks

Which is why i seperated them with the "/" function.  If you are a physician, you should then agree, that there is nothing "phobic" about the behaviour described in Islamophobia, so its a nonsensical term. 

PS: Learn basic respect. Seems like your upbringing has failed you on that regard. Address people as they wish to be addressed, not as YOU wish to address them. Basic point of respect. 

oppressors always deny their oppression of underpriveledged as well...

Nobody is denying that muslims are discriminated against. You need to improve your comprehension skills if you think stating that the term 'Islamophobia' is a misnomer is denying the oppression.

allah gave us free will, we are not animals, only then can we sin...

You sure you went to medical school ? Because the fact that we ARE animals, member of kingdom Animalia, is pretty basic knowledge.

u can deny the existence of whatever u want... it doesnt change that the defintion fits what is going on in this thread only

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobia

Except it is not a phobia. Hence the term is a misnomer. 

brother, anyone can see above posts... some r insulting muslim women, some an innocent cricketer... it is there for all to see...

Nobody has insulted muslim women, unless you consider the truth to be insulting. 

u are free to close ur eyes... 

brother... no one claims it to be a psychological issue, it wasnt created in teh dsmv... the word phobia is there as common in new words in english... probably u use such words as well... 

Except it doesn't match the English definition of the word 'phobia', either. 

the dislike of islam is invalid and unjust...

It is completely valid to dislike an ideology. Especially one that openly mixes religion and the state and has no proof to validate itself. 

i will take the word of Trudeau over an anonymous  bigot...

And I will take the word of a Booker Prize winning literary figure like Salman Rushdie over a highschool drama teacher, when it comes to the English language. And he agrees with me that the term Islamophobia is a misnomer. 

20 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

my wife never wore any of the headscarf variants or burqa, but my daughter chose to wear a hijab, despite being born and grown up in the US... 

some may see burqa or headscarfs as oppression, others not...

many feminists in the west, even view it as a symbol of liberation...

if a woman chooses to wear, what is ur issue???

or do u deny women agency??? choices r like that only, people make them from a number of options... it cant be a choice only when woman make the choice u want but is oppression if they make the choice u dont... 

Headscarves I can understand. Infact I particularly like women in hijab , look more beautiful. But burqa really? Why would any free liberated woman would want to wear that piece of **** which shrieks of oppression and feudalism and that too when living in a modern developed society.

I live in a city which has probably lakhs of Muslims in it and never in my life I have seen a college going Muslim girl in burqa. That speaks for itself.

Burqa is a symbol of suppression ,  enslavement and exploitation. Simple as that.

18 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

There is no racism here. Muslims are not a race. 

Nothing 'phobic' about what is being discussed here either - you should know that being a so-called psychologist/psychiatrist.

It may not be racism. But isn't this thread about Amla's version of Antilla and not his wife's choice ( or lack of choice) of clothing. 

If this topic were, say, on ABDV's home, would you expect to discuss unequal wealth distribution between races in South Africa or rampant drug use in the country? 

12 hours ago, Stradlater said:

@Green Monster Surely you would agree that burqa is one of the worst form of clothing that man came up which is designed to oppress a woman? 

And no it's not her choice before you come up with that classic rebuttal.

I agree that the Burqa is a terrible form of clothing. But the worst? Not even close.

Sample this.

Edited by Mariyam