Hashim Amla’s House in Southafrica

Shy9

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

It may not be racism. But isn't this thread about Amla's version of Antilla and not his wife's choice ( or lack of choice) of clothing. 

If this topic were, say, on ABDV's home, would you expect to discuss unequal wealth distribution between races in South Africa or rampant drug use in the country? 

Amla is a legendary batsman and also such a nice fella. But the guy's image has been completely ruined by his annoying mullah fans (Pakistanis mostly). Their constant blabbering about his piety and religiosity  and outright lies from his fan brigade such as scoring a triple ton while fasting etc have made people actually starting to dislike him.

I know it's not his fault but still.  

54 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

in the West, feminists talk of something like they say often when men look at them, without their permission, they are being sexually harassed... in that sense burqa could be very liberating...  

Nobody ever complains about sexual harassment because men looked at them only. A strawman.

Burqa is the definition of non-liberated women and weak men. Because the idea of the Burqa is to make the woman scared of her own sexuality and men can't control themselves if they see some skin. Ie, weak men came up with the idea to oppress women.

other women say it helps remove them from societys expectations to be beautiful, wear makeup, be sexualised etc...

mind you, i am not a feminist...

We know you are not a feminist. Islamists and feminists are incompatible. 

that was teh same when i was in karachi, but things have changed now, last time i went there were plenty of woman even in burqa, when earlier in my area, women would be bear-headed

ur country is still mostly hindu populaiton wise, moderate/liberal muslims do not feel the pressure to be strictly islamic culturally... likely many muslim women in india still wear sari, bangles after marriage, etc

if ur population changes too much u will slowly see different headdress choices among women and even men maybe sporting more full beards, etc...

Thank goodness India has not regressed like Pakistan or Iran has. And hopefully it never will. 

u are free to see it as u wish, but many muslim women do not agree with such interpretations... many muslim women see this as feminist reinterpretation and attack on islamic culture/religion...

Yes. its called being brainwashed. There were many slaves too who were pro-slavery. Called 'house-n*****'. As the saying goes 'when you can't beat them, join them'. But don't worry. The west is liberating the heartland of Islam and in a century or so, the backwards customs associated with a limited way of thinking from 1500 years ago will soon be rejected for modernism. 

self identified feminist are in decline in teh US, so maybe many more conservative muslim women feel freer to put on full burqa... 

Please prove your claim that self-identified feminists are in the decline in the US. Data please. 

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

It may not be racism. But isn't this thread about Amla's version of Antilla and not his wife's choice ( or lack of choice) of clothing. 

If this topic were, say, on ABDV's home, would you expect to discuss unequal wealth distribution between races in South Africa or rampant drug use in the country? 

it isn't racism. Its bigotry. 

But as i noted many times earlier, criticism of Islam and its practices is fair game. The only reason Islam has survived so long, is because it banned criticism with harsh punishments. Thats how you propagate a flawed and broken idea - 'dont speak against it or else u die'. 
And this is why when you go to the ME, you see as soon as people are out of the streets and malls, they are dressing in the western fashion, they are drinking etc. Because its inherent in human nature to reject unnatural ideologies every chance they get. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Nobody ever complains about sexual harassment because men looked at them only. A strawman.

Burqa is the definition of non-liberated women and weak men. Because the idea of the Burqa is to make the woman scared of her own sexuality and men can't control themselves if they see some skin. Ie, weak men came up with the idea to oppress women.

Extremely well said. IT's utterly hypocritical, yet no one in Islam questions it. It's sad to see educated Muslims defend these ancient laws that is not compatible w/ modern times just like Islam as a whole. 

Edited by Texy

34 minutes ago, Texy said:

Extremely well said. IT's utterly hypocritical, yet no one in Islam questions it. It's sad to see educated Muslims defend these ancient laws that is not compatible w/ modern times just like Islam as a whole. 

The power of religious brainwashing is a stunning effect. We have a few Hindus amongst us who think the same way too. 

I realized the power of religion, when my university friend, who has a masters in mathematics tried to argue with me that the Koran is a perfect book. Literally had a 'toss the table and walk away angrily' moment when i used simple boolean operation to demosntrate that Koran cannot be mathematically considered perfect. 

If a masters in math cannot accept basic mathematical deductive logic, that is all you need to know how education has nothing to do with religiosity. its a primal hardwiring from childhood that becomes a 'part of you' - which is why islam for eg insists on early indoctrination of children.

Edited by Muloghonto

On 1/27/2018 at 11:34 AM, Green Monster said:

the casual racism/islamophobia in this thread is disturbing... 

I am sorry you are offended. You are right in feeling uneasy at the some of the fun being poked at women wearing the burqa or the picture of Aleem Dar growing his beard. We went overboard on that and should not have. People should be free to do whatever they want as long it is not hurting someone else. Wearing the burqa or growing a long beard falls in that category ONLY if they are completely done out of free will. 

Let's talk about the burqa. You have to agree that this practice comes out of the medieval ages (Hindus had a similar purdah system) where women had no rights and were ruled by men who treated them as properties. So whatever justification is there for the burqa were created by men and put in books. It is to suppress women's sexuality and to cover for the men's insecurity. Times are different now brother. This is the 21st century and these norms are not in sync with a open progressive society. Also it is cumbersome for a woman to wear a burqa and live an active life (like eating in public). If someone says they are wearing the burqa for modesty or completely out of free will, it is because they have grown up in a repressive culture and brainwashed to think so. Why are the men not covering their faces for modesty? I can understand the hijab or even the bur-kini, but just cannot fathom the logic behind a piece of clothing that looks ugly and is extremely inconvenient, let alone the message it sets regarding how women are viewed in ultra-conservative Muslim society. There is a lot of liberal minded progressive thinking Muslims who are not embracing it. Pointing this out is not Islamophobia, in fact it diminishes the gravity of hate against Muslims because Islamophobia is real. 

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Who runs the house?

Just now, Mariyam said:

The woman, generally.

My chance to ask a random question:

Why is the sky blue?

It wasn't a random question. I asked because you can't discuss a house without talking about people who run the house :bebored:. Hence Mrs Amla had to figure in the discussion.

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

1 minute ago, someone said:

Its disgusting that even with so much money, he not adjust the SA way of life. He will spend money like the others, bUt remains backward elsewhere.

South Africa isn't some advanced developed nation, south africa is third world country too with a lot of backwardness and problems like racism 

20 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No need to go at someone's wife :facepalm:

Her life...her choice

Currently marital rape is a hot topic in India and is being debated now a days in Parliament.

Some interesting facts about it - About 3 Indian woman out of 10 believe there is nothing wrong in getting  beaten by  their husbands once in a while since they are inferior to them . Now would you agree with that since it's their choice apparently? 

I know I wouldn't because I know they are brainwashed from childhood and are part of a larger problem which emerges from the deep seated patriarchal values which pervade our culture.

There in lies the difference.

21 hours ago, Green Monster said:

in the West, feminists talk of something like they say often when men look at them, without their permission, they are being sexually harassed... in that sense burqa could be very liberating...  

other women say it helps remove them from societys expectations to be beautiful, wear makeup, be sexualised etc...

mind you, i am not a feminist...

that was teh same when i was in karachi, but things have changed now, last time i went there were plenty of woman even in burqa, when earlier in my area, women would be bear-headed

ur country is still mostly hindu populaiton wise, moderate/liberal muslims do not feel the pressure to be strictly islamic culturally... likely many muslim women in india still wear sari, bangles after marriage, etc

if ur population changes too much u will slowly see different headdress choices among women and even men maybe sporting more full beards, etc...

u are free to see it as u wish, but many muslim women do not agree with such interpretations... many muslim women see this as feminist reinterpretation and attack on islamic culture/religion...

self identified feminist are in decline in teh US, so maybe many more conservative muslim women feel freer to put on full burqa... 

Sad to hear that Karachi has gone to dogs. I guess MQM was doing a nicer job when they were freely allowed to exercise their power.

And I'm sorry but your post is nothing but a massive assumption on your part. Nothing what you have posted so far has been empirically proven and reeks of bias and preconceived notions. No offense brother but you need to be a bit open minded on your approach.