East Asian market for Indian movies

randomGuy

or they just like aamir movies. pk did really well in china  too if i'm corrext. he does excellent work still i find it surprising the amount of demand there is in china and other places for indian. I was watching a video of him going to turkey, and he seemed to be a really popular figure there. got swarmed

any other actors who's work draws such fanfare worldwide in non english speaking world?

On 1/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, randomGuy said:

East Asians especially the Chinese  seem to like Indian movies. 

Not Indian movies. Just Aamir Khan's movies. 3 Idiots somehow became popular in many East Asian countries because of the relatable subject and ever since then Aamir Khan has become very popular in East Asia. No other Indian film does that well in East Asia. 

https://m.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/bajrangi-bhaijaan-versus-dangal-box-office-battle-gets-intense-in-china-who-ll-win/story-47TKLnUkJlRnmhcKMLcFmL_amp.html

Bajrangi Bhaijaan versus Dangal box office battle gets intense in China: Who’ll win?

While Dangal was given 62,000 shows, Bajrangi Bhaijaan was allotted 19,000 shows. Thanks to 3 Idiots and PK, Aamir Khan was already the most recognisable Indian actor in China.

Looks like we have finally started something to export to China

8 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Bajrangi Bhaijaan earns Rs 55.2 crore in China in first weekend, fails to beat Aamir Khan’s Dangal

how was it going to beat Dangal anyway with such low number of shows 19,000<62000.

Edited by rkt.india

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

how was it going to beat Dangal anyway with such low number of shows 19,000<62000.

Dangal earned barely Rs.13.19 crore on first day , bajrangi earned 14.81 crores

Secret superstar earned 41.75 crore

https://khabar.ndtv.com/news/bollywood/bajrangi-bhaijaan-china-box-office-collection-day-3-salman-khan-aamir-khan-1819668

21 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Popularity only matter when it get converted to money , don't think Rajnikant's film in Japan have made billions

3 idiots, tare zameen par didn't make any money in China but were  hugely popular. If they like rajnikant, he should try to release his movies there  if he feels the movie will connect. But I honestly think hindi movies will be more appealing to the outsiders than Southern movies because of the way they are made. I could be wrong.