Future of Shikhar Dhawan in test cricket

I actually feel that Dhawan would have come good in the 2nd test match as that pitch was like a subcontinent one.

In England, we might get similar type of pitch in 1 or 2 games. It is for the team management and virat to see which type of pitch will suit his batting. This is what they got wrong in last two tests. 

9 minutes ago, SandeepMotta said:

Should be no where near the Indian team, even for the ODIs rahul would be better over him.

I will play Dhawan all day in ODI’s since he delivers in ICC games all the time. He has been our best bat many times in ODI’s. 

Regarding test, I will do the opposite and play others over him most times.

Lets not mix ODI and test. I would keep Rahane out of ODI’s similarly but would play him over any other new guy in test matches any day as he is better than most in the world.

4 minutes ago, CG said:

Dhawan is damn good odi player ,In test he has to sort his short ball issue .K.l Rahul for a opener is too loose outside off stump .Vijay is on his last legs .We need a settled pair I would open with Rahane in England.

Agree with everything barring the last part about Rahanr as opener. He is fine at where he is. If Pujara ever doesn’t bat at 3, only then I will move him to 3. For opener, either current openers play or we find another opener, Rahane shouldn’t be asked to open. 

Agree with everything barring the last part about Rahanr as opener. He is fine at where he is. If Pujara ever doesn’t bat at 3, only then I will move him to 3. For opener, either current openers play or we find another opener, Rahane shouldn’t be asked to open. 

Rahane has issues against spin .He has batted at no 3 for Mumbai.he has to open otherwise he will again loose his place at home
1 minute ago, CG said:
4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Rahane has issues against spin .He has batted at no 3 for Mumbai.he has to open otherwise he will again loose his place at home

Yaar home test series are far far away.  We will worry about it when they come, for time being or next 9 test matches are away - In south afica and England where we will be battling against the fast bowlers more than spinners, so it doesn’t make sense dor Rahane or team mangement to start worrying about his spin game. 

32 minutes ago, SandeepMotta said:

Should be no where near the Indian team, even for the ODIs rahul would be better over him.

Dhawan is an ATG ODI opener, even better than Kohli because of his freakish record in ICC tournaments. Rahul has a place in all formats, in ODIs he should play in the middle order.