6cr for Gowtham Krishnappa is a good investment

maniac

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Madness or genius??!

What are his credentials?

He is 29 year old so not even a youngster with a huge upside.

Why would it matter to an IPL team I he's 29 or 21 ? Its current form which gets you money . Among the karnataka players , I think hes money's worth compared to Nair and pandey .

Just now, jusarrived said:

Why would it matter to an IPL team I he's 29 or 21 ? Its current form which gets you money . Among the karnataka players , I think hes money's worth compared to Nair and pandey .

Because on a 20 year old you can take chance and see if you can groom him...a 29 year old might have a flash in the pan season but it is what it is...anyway problem is not a journeyman cricketer like Krishnappa getting a bid...good for him and happy for him...but 6cr really???

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Because on a 20 year old you can take chance and see if you can groom him...a 29 year old might have a flash in the pan season but it is what it is...anyway problem is not a journeyman cricketer like Krishnappa getting a bid...good for him and happy for him...but 6cr really???

Have you seen him bat or bowl ?

Not sure why you are singling out gowtham here . From what I have seen hes a pretty good T20 package , he was expected to get good money cos a lot of people rate him highly . 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

I am definitely  buying the Bedi money laundering claim 

Meh, it's more an ego issue. You have money. You planned to buy a player. Then bidding starts. You want to defeat the other person so you keep on bidding more. It's human nature. It doesn't matter who the player is, it's human nature to get in a bidding war particularly when you are rich

Edited by New guy

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

What's the point of grooming when every couple of years there is a new bidding and the player goes to a different team?

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

Have you seen him bat or bowl ?

Not sure why you are singling out gowtham here . From what I have seen hes a pretty good T20 package , he was expected to get good money cos a lot of people rate him highly . 

Not singling out..neither is he a current u19’player who has turned a lot of eyeballs ...a capped player or a guy setting domestics on fire or a  player who did well in the previous seasons of the IPL. He didn’t check any of those boxes.

On top of that he is 29 which means he has been around for a while, so wasn’t sure how he came outta nowhere and got 6r especially when the franchise purse pool was going down.

Must have had an amazing Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament 

5 minutes ago, New guy said:

Meh, it's more an ego issue. You have money. You planned to buy a player. Then bidding starts. You want to defeat the other person so you keep on bidding more. It's human nature. It doesn't matter who the player is, it's human nature to get in a bidding war particularly when you are rich

It is not about ego and money here...they all have limited purses for this auction...they have cricketing experts and more importantly some very smart number crunchers...so the expectation is that they have some method to their madness.

Edited by maniac

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Not singling out..neither is he a current u19’player who has turned a lot of eyeballs ...a capped player or a guy setting domestics on fire or a  player who did well in the previous seasons of the IPL. He didn’t check any of those boxes.

On top of that he is 29 which means he has been around for a while, so wasn’t sure how he came outta nowhere and got 6r especially when the franchise purse pool was going down.

Must have had an amazing Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament 

Am pretty sure we have had couple of threads in icf and hes been discussed as a India prospect , May be you have completely missed it ..he was picked for india A recently , so he's been doing something right ?

Hes not been around for.long , I think hes only been playing couple of years for Karnataka . Mumbai picked him for 2cr even last time iirc 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Am pretty sure we have had couple of threads in icf and hes been discussed as a India prospect , May be you have completely missed it ..he was picked for india A recently , so he's been doing something right ?

Hes not been around for.long , I think hes only been playing couple of years for Karnataka . Mumbai picked him for 2cr even last time iirc 

That’s why my question was what are his credentials to go for 6cr?

Someone like Sundar who is considered a hot prospect got almost half of what he  got  ...Negi another guy who did well in IPL in the past hardly got bids...even Ashwin Harbhajan got people less excited.

I am not saying he doesn’t deserve the money or being confrontational with you....I am asking what did he do recently to standout to attract so much frantic bidding?

Edited by maniac

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

That’s why my question was what are his credentials to go for 6cr?

Someone like Sundar who is considered a hot prospect got almost half of what he  got  ...Negi another guy who did well in IPL in the past hardly got bids...even Ashwin Harbhajan got people less excited.

I am not saying he doesn’t deserve the money or being confrontational with you....I am asking what did he do recently to standout to attract so much frantic bidding?

Like I said he's very good T20 package , won quite a few matches for Kar with his bowling and hes very economical . Floats from no3 to no7 as a batsmen . I can see why some teams would want him , but the amount of 6cr you never know with these things , it's all demand and supply .

53 minutes ago, maniac said:

Krishnappa is his dad.

7 hours ago, maniac said:

Madness or genius??!

What are his credentials?

He is 29 year old so not even a youngster with a huge upside.

Every season there are a couple of guys who get inflated.  There was another young spinner who raked it in on the back of a Karnataka T20 league performance, etc etc.  Nothing new about it.