IPL Auction Factoid that made me happy

sandeep

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am also happy that guys like Yuvi did not go extremely big this time. That actually helped team owners save money and spend kn getting these extra youngsters in their team.

Don't be naive...they didn't go big because they know they would've left unsold. 

13 minutes ago, Texy said:

Don't be naive...they didn't go big because they know they would've left unsold. 

That is what I meant. Even before these guys when they had been picked for 14crores, like someonenlike Yuvi, he was never that good of a player and was past his best in t20s.

but what happens is when you dish out 14 crores, then teams are not left with much momeh to get those extra youngsters in the team.

KingXI messed up spending 2 crores for Gayle, who is struggling even in PSL from what i have heard. But, they gave up on Shubman Gill around 75 lakhs. Local Boy and Future Star, it would have been worth to take a 2 crore bet on him. He could give you 15 years, and become face of your franchise. 

They didn't even go for other U-19 bowlers. These guys are still not on level of american sports level, where they plan so ahead.