IPL auction biased in favour of Aussie players?

lebron_fan

6 minutes ago, goose said:

how does one value the IPL besides putting yourself up for auction? 

Perception of the Board.. ECB had been idiots towards IPL since its inception.. only in the last couplr of years they have realised there is money making potential for the players.

Aus on the other hand has sent coaching staff plus players all along so thats why they are favoured.

14 minutes ago, Stumped said:

If a mediocre batsman averages 39.10 at a strike rate of 128.76 in T20Is there can't be many good batsmen around.

I don't need stats to say someone is mediocre, I have my own eyes but you seem to be quite keen on it so in 3 innings that root has played in India (since IPL is played in India) he has scored 126 at an average 63 with SR of 104. We both know very well that SR is the most important thing in T20s. 

The amount of  moronic suggestions and absurd logic in this thread is :facepalm:

Joe Root , Morgan etc were ignored because they won't be available for full season.

Before the star of the auction , BCCI sent a mail to all franchises stating that any English player selected  should be released on May 17 (For their tests against Pakistan ) this season and on May 1st next season to prepare for world cup .

So both seasons their established players will be missing a big chunk of the tournament .He IPL teams decide to ignore them.No point spending big money on Joe Root if he won't be even available for the majority of the tournament.

The most bizzare omission was Hashim Amla not English players.

7 hours ago, lebron_fan said:

Why is it that so many mediocre unproven Aussie players get selected yet many other more talented players such as Joe Root , Hashim Amla, Guptill get ignored.

Even coaching and support staff has significant australian representation 

Guptil is overrated in T20s and on Indian pitches, against spinners,  he does struggle. he has an overall T20 SR of 126. 

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

The amount of  moronic suggestions and absurd logic in this thread is :facepalm:

Joe Root , Morgan etc were ignored because they won't be available for full season.

Before the star of the auction , BCCI sent a mail to all franchises stating that any English player selected  should be released on May 17 (For their tests against Pakistan ) this season and on May 1st next season to prepare for world cup .

So both seasons their established players will be missing a big chunk of the tournament .He IPL teams decide to ignore them.No point spending big money on Joe Root if he won't be even available for the majority of the tournament.

The most bizzare omission was Hashim Amla not English players.

Also when Morgan came into auction, most teams did not have enough purse left to bid on him with high 2 cr base price. Morgan has always been below average in IPL. Root is not a great T20 batsman too.

6 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Because Big Bash is more popular than some SA leagues.  Also, Root, Amla, Morgan are seen as Test/ODI players..

Big Bash performances seem to catch people's attention more.

Was Travis Birt on the IPL auction list?

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/sunrisers-hyderabad/squad/197/Eoin-Morgan/

this is Morgan's  IPL record. why would any team buy him for a 2 cr base price.

I think it's got to do with the coaching and support staff. Quite a few Kiwis are in RCB and i think Vettori had something to do with that. Not many Pommies in the support staff in IPL i reckon but even if there are, they generally don't overtly pull for their countrymen like the Saffers,Hobbits and the Aussies do.

A couple of reason I can think of : 

*Very little international T20 is played and BBL is the only T20 League that is somewhat close to being comparable to IPL. Scouts keep a close eye on BBL performances.  

*Another reason is that there are a fair number of Australians in the think tanks of various teams.

*Preeti Zinta loves Aussie players