Kumar Mangalam Birla's son snapped up by RR for Rs 3 mn

tweaker

On second day of IPL auction, Aryaman Vikram Birla, son of Aditya Birla Group chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla, was sold to Rajasthan Royals for Rs 3 million.

The left-hand batsman and slow left-arm orthodox bowler has played only one first-class match while representing Madhya Pradesh against Odisha in Indore in November 2017.

Aryaman had made his choice at a very young age. Instead of driving luxury cars, he chose to grind it out in the cricketing field. The 20-year-old left Mumbai and moved to Madhya Pradesh to play cricket. 

Now, he will be playing alongside some of the biggest names in the cricketing world like Steve Smith, Ajinkya Rahane and Ben Stokes. While riches of all kinds would have come to him easily enough, Aryaman chose to take a hard way to achieve his dream to play cricket.

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Respect :thumb:, if I were him I would probably never have the motivation to put in the hard yards. I always admire children of rich people who take the hard route instead of living off the money of their parents. 

Give me a break. Its because of these kinds of people that real talent never sees the light of the day. Out of 11, one position will be reserved for him due to his dad. Imagine this kid being in Indian team 11, and someone like Umesh Yadav having to sit out to accomodate him.

Although, tbh, I have never seen this kid play. 

20 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Give me a break. Its because of these kinds of people that real talent never sees the light of the day. Out of 11, one position will be reserved for him due to his dad. Imagine this kid being in Indian team 11, and someone like Umesh Yadav having to sit out to accomodate him.

Then how can you judge? Innocent until proven guilty, he must have done something right for an IPL team to notice him. Pataudi, Dada, Yuvraj all were born to rich fathers, they weren't bad, no? Vijay Amritraj was born in a filthy rich family, his mom was the 1st woman to drive a car in South India.....he was chosen in our David Cup team when he was just 17 and not a top 3 singles player in India, he went on to become India's greatest tennis player. Not that I am comparing Birla junior with these legends, but unfair to judge him so early. 

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

If politician's sons can find a place, why not him.

He is pretty serious about his cricket . I had read that his parents go to these small grounds to watch him .

If he gets a chance, he will have to swim or perish in front of the whole world.

This is ipl. Even if his dad's money is buying him a place, that is fine. As long as this is not happening in the state and national teams.

55 minutes ago, beetle said:

If politician's sons can find a place, why not him.

He is pretty serious about his cricket . I had read that his parents go to these small grounds to watch him .

If he gets a chance, he will have to swim or perish in front of the whole world.

This is ipl. Even if his dad's money is buying him a place, that is fine. As long as this is not happening in the state and national teams.

Agree with that! I wouldnt be happy if he is given a place in national team directly.

Edited by Rightarmfast

The selection of state cricketers at age levels is shambles. I am not aware whether it happens in this decade but there were horrible inconsistencies in selections before. Some of international cricketers have faced it. Those who struggled were poor wannabe international cricketers when they joined some reputed clubs. With more money flowing into the game than those times, it must be getting worse.

Edited by Straight Drive

5 hours ago, tweaker said:

Aryaman had made his choice at a very young age. Instead of driving luxury cars, he chose to grind it out in the cricketing field. The 20-year-old left Mumbai and moved to Madhya Pradesh to play cricket. 

Now, he will be playing alongside some of the biggest names in the cricketing world like Steve Smith, Ajinkya Rahane and Ben Stokes. While riches of all kinds would have come to him easily enough, Aryaman chose to take a hard way to achieve his dream to play cricket.

No one is interested in second post of yours. Good luck to kid for chasing his dream. He is probably a shining role model to all the spoilt brats who drink drive high end luxury cars after rave parties at Nariman Point

Edited by mishra

He has played one FC match.

Far away from the maidans of Mumbai, a local boy is making waves on the cricket field. Aryaman Birla, the 21- year-old son of industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla, has been selected for the Madhya Pradesh Ranji Trophy team. The selection has come in the back of some solid performances, both with bat and ball. Aryaman, a left-handed all-rounder, has been performing consistently for the Madhya Pradesh team of late in the CK Nayudu Under-23 tournament.

In five matches this season so far, Aryaman has scored 602 runs with two hundreds and one double century in eight innings. Besides, he has also taken 10 wickets with his left-arm spin. His breakthrough performance came in the ongoing U-23 match in against Chhattisgarh in Sagar where he hammered a brilliant double century. It was a patient knock which came off 388 balls with 33 fours and one six.

Besides, he has also managed a wicket. The knock was preceded by centuries against Odisha (153) and Uttar Pradesh (137 and 43). He was declared man of the match in that match. Aryaman, a degree commerce student from Mumbai, chose to play for Madhya Pradesh because there were not enough chances for him in the city. His mother Neerja said in as many words. “He did not get enough opportunities in Mumbai and hence chose to play for MP,” she said. Now that he is in the Ranji squad, Aryaman’s first class debut could come in just about a few days time when Madhya Pradesh play Tamil Nadu in Indore from November 17.

He was one of the best batsman of that U23 CK Nayadu trophy.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Events/30/CK_Nayudu_Trophy_2017-18/Batting_by_Average.html

BATTING AND FIELDING IN CK NAYUDU TROPHY 2017/18 (ORDERED BY AVERAGE)
Click on column heading to see the averages sorted by that column

Name Matches Inns Not Out Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
D Nischal (Karn) 1 1 0 243 243   243.00 1 0 1  
Y Sehrawat (Del) 1 1 0 225 225   225.00 1 0 1  
Anmolpreet Singh(Pj) 1 1 0 202 202   202.00 1 0 0  
SP Senapati (Or) 1 2 1 180 162* 180.00 1 0 0  
H Dalal (Del) 1 1 0 167 167   167.00 1 0 1  
M Kaushik (UP) 1 1 0 136 136   136.00 1 0 0  
R Sharma (Del) 1 1 0 119 119   119.00 1 0 0  
A Goswami (UP) 1 1 0 116 116   116.00 1 0 1  
HL Asnora (UP) 1 1 0 112 112   112.00 1 0 0  
KL Shrijith (Karn) 1 1 0 110 110   110.00 1 0 0  
Sanvir Singh (Pj) 1 1 0 105 105   105.00 1 0 0  
AA Sardesai (Mum) 1 1 0 96 96   96.00 0 1 0  
AS Brahmbhatt (Bar) 1 1 0 89 89   89.00 0 1 1  
Shakeeb Ahmed(Ch) 1 1 0 86 86   86.00 0 1 1  
M Abhirath Reddy(Hyd) 1 2 0 151 95   75.50 0 2 0  
AV Birla (MP) 5 9 1 602 230   75.25 3 0 5  
S Sharath (Karn) 1 1 0 75 75   75.00 0 1 4  
E Sen (HP) 3 6 1 367 237* 73.40 1 1 3  
Vivek Singh (MP) 4 5 3 146 111* 73.00 1 0 3  
DB Patel (Bar) 1 1 0 71 71   71.00 0 1 0  
VR Chandekar (Vid) 1 2 1 70 58   70.00 0 1 0  
JG Bista (Mum) 1 2 0 136 128   68.00 1 0 1  
VB Borkar (Ch) 1 1 0 66 66   66.00 0 1 4 1
KR Sen (MP) 3 4 3 63 49   63.00 0 0 1  
A Rohera (MP) 5 8 1 431 109   61.57 1 3 19 1

18 minutes ago, mishra said:

Good luck to kid for chasing his dream. He is probably a shining role model to all the spoilt brats who drink drive high end luxury cars after rave parties at Nariman Point

True...he could have been bidding for players with his dad's money .

Edited by beetle