Life mein comedy chaiye toh ye padho

chapetmarunga

sad

not a comedy at all. Me thinks that the cousin of the bride to be was not to the taste of the groom....

The problem is that these "elders" dont take human emotion in mind. While I dont have any evidence I suspect the bride's side tried to pawn off a less than worthy replacement with money involved to sweeten the deal. The guys side agreed but the guy did not.

Both the bride and her parents to be blamed through. 

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

sad

not a comedy at all. Me thinks that the cousin of the bride to be was not to the taste of the groom....

The problem is that these "elders" dont take human emotion in mind. While I dont have any evidence I suspect the bride's side tried to pawn off a less than worthy replacement with money involved to sweeten the deal. The guys side agreed but the guy did not.

Both the bride and her parents to be blamed through. 

true that ..

some of the girls my parent see for me  migth be a good match for my father , and i told this to them :Cry: 

10 hours ago, velu said:

true that ..

some of the girls my parent see for me  migth be a good match for my father , and i told this to them :Cry: 

Find some one who is ready to elope with you and just do it.

Be the guy  who gets the runaway bride rather than the running away from the bride guy.

Why do these guys wait till the time of the wedding to elope? Cant they just run away when the wedding is fixed instead? Too much of expenditure goes into weddings, you are already hurting your parents emotionally, why hurt them financially as well?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nikred said:

Why do these guys wait till the time of the wedding to elope? Cant they just run away when the wedding is fixed instead? Too much of expenditure goes into weddings, you are already hurting your parents emotionally, why hurt them financially as well?

its not that simple i guess.

you elope way before the wedding the family can track you down and still make you attend...

18 hours ago, velu said:

true that ..

good...

In the case of arranged marriages you need to be rational based on what your own pros and cons are though. 

In a way this is like buying and selling....market makers needed to provide the liquidity. :P

its not that simple i guess.

you elope way before the wedding the family can track you down and still make you attend...

But what can they do if you are already married? My cousin did the same thing. Once she eloped her parents were left with no choice but to accept their new son in law.

That episode was full of drama as well.

42 minutes ago, nikred said:

But what can they do if you are already married? My cousin did the same thing. Once she eloped her parents were left with no choice but to accept their new son in law.

That episode was full of drama as well. emoji28.png

no violence involved ? :hmmm: 

no violence involved ? :hmmm: 
Nah....nothing beyond heated arguments. But all the aunties and uncles going berserk was a sight to behold.

But since they were neighbors and knew each other, they were cool over time.

4 hours ago, nikred said:

True.

But in most cases parents are also to blame. They assume that the child will not go against their wishes and marry someone they choose.  How can they force someone to marry ? 

Rishta kar do then say..What will people say?

Cards have been sent....what will people say ? 

Everything is more important than the kids happiness.

My friend's wedding was fixed in June last year. Decent guy earning quite well close to 20-25 lpa. Hailed from a decent family Father lecturer mom housemaker. 

The girl and guys moms were friends from their schooldays but the girl and guy never met before. Girls family was super rich, had gemstones business in India and US. The girl was extremely good looking too. 

They had chats and talks over phone for months and he told me that everything was going well except that 15 days to marriage the girl said she doesn't feel attracted to him as yet thought she respects him a lot and may be with time it will happen. 

10 days to marriage and the girl's daddy says we can't marry our daughter to your son coz he drinks(occasionally) showing WhatsApp screenshots of chats bw girl and boy. We are a very pure family and blah blah. 

Strange thing was the girl too also confessed in one of chats that she too drinks occasionally. 

Nobody knows what really happened behind the scenes.

Weddings these days are such tough affair. 

Edited by Number