Shubman Gill is the real deal!!!

maniac

2 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

ex England player Rob Key was saying on commentary: 'he's one of the best young players I've ever seen, looks ready to play with the men's side'. His game already looks set up for test cricket. I would try him there first. 

Will not be a great T20 player. So i am already prepared for his IPL failure. His game is custom made for One dayers.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Will not be a great T20 player. So i am already prepared for his IPL failure. His game is custom made for One dayers.

if he elevates himself to Kohli level of potency in orthodox ground strokes and running between the wickets, he can even be a good t20 player in the future. But I think to get to this level will take time, as it did for Kohli. Kohli wasn't particularly a great batsmen in his first few seasons at RCB. 

Every year there is at least a couple Future-Sachin kinda players. You can't have each one of those fast-tracked into the national team. There is a set-up in place. Plays loads of ranji matches and perform for multiple years to be able to break through.

It's easy and fun to say that someone has to be fast-tracked but that's not the way it's done. Majority of fast-tracked players end up with short careers. 

Just now, sourab10forever said:

Every year there is at least a couple Future-Sachin kinda players. You can't have each one of those fast-tracked into the national team. There is a set-up in place. Plays loads of ranji matches and perform for multiple years to be able to break through.

It's easy and fun to say that someone has to be fast-tracked but that's not the way it's done. Majority of fast-tracked players end up with short careers. 

No . If he had thought that Sachin would have never made debut. 19 years is not an early age by any stretch of imagination. Pandey, Jadhav, Iyer pale in comparison with this guy.  Against teams like Bangladesh, Srilanka, Ireland this guy can be included. He looks like a good future Test batsman who can do well all over the world. He has such a strong backfoot game. Solid defense. 

10 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

This x1000

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

These under19 players are playing under19 bowlers and look like the next version of bradman. Let them fare in FC cricket a couple of seasons before fasttracking them. Jadeja came in too early and he had to be tried again after hitting 300s in FC cricket. Not everybody becomes a Sachin.

IT has to be done case by case. You cannot sweep everyone under the same rug.  Many did not hide their impression that he is the best U19 they have ever seen.  He averages over 100 at this level. If someone is special onus is on the India's talent search group to recommend. Do we have one?  Not like India has technically sound batsmen waiting in the wings. Iyer is a hack. Pandey is refined hack. Jadhav an average joe. All these are dispensable. Who do we have in the waiting wings? 

On 1/30/2018 at 8:53 AM, BeautifulGame said:

Gill is the best batsman I have seen in U-19 WCs   since I started watching.

Not even Kohli was this good in 2008 WC .Will be disappointing if he isn't fast tracked

well, statistically, no one comes even close to gill's U19 ODI record. dhawan, chepu, etc had good records.

On 1/30/2018 at 8:53 AM, BeautifulGame said:

Gill is the best batsman I have seen in U-19 WCs   since I started watching.

Not even Kohli was this good in 2008 WC .Will be disappointing if he isn't fast tracked

I think he was supposed to play for Ind A or something, and then got injured prior to WC.

Gill shaw kalra koti mavi abhishek has to perform in vijay hazare then IPL. 

Gill has to be play in nidahas or asia cup or WI home series in october at the most.

If he has to play 2019 WC.

Apart from gill nagarkoti has outside chance for the WC. 

3rd pacer slot is still open.

Koti with his pace n gun fielding and lower order hitting has a chance

34 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Gill shaw kalra koti mavi abhishek has to perform in vijay hazare then IPL. 

Gill has to be play in nidahas or asia cup or WI home series in october at the most.

If he has to play 2019 WC.

Apart from gill nagarkoti has outside chance for the WC. 

3rd pacer slot is still open.

Koti with his pace n gun fielding and lower order hitting has a chance

I know he can bat a bit, but is he a genuine hitter or more of a lower-order nurdler like Jaddu in ODIs (with a SR of around 85)? I have not seen enough of his batting yet.

As for Gill, if they want him in WC 2019, he needs at least 1 yr in senior squad prior to the cup.