maniac

Shubman Gill is the real deal!!!

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

u19 stars need a couple of domestics to season. so he should not focus on ipl , but on domestic cricket, just like Washington Sundar.

But Sundar played IPL before playing much domestic cricket. In fact, his domestic performance is nothing to write about.

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

But Sundar played IPL before playing much domestic cricket. In fact, his domestic performance is nothing to write about.

So was ashwin's . But Jadeja is a legend with bat, VK is a legend with ball in the domestic. I have seen enough domestic matches to say , it is one of the most misleading places to judge a talent.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is exactly you guys produce rubbish batsmen for decades.  Because your definition of talent is vastly different from our definition of talent. Exhibit A Afridi. 

Arre yaar you have misunderstood, if he is a talented batsman he should adapt to conditions. He needs to change gears. He needs to bat aggressively in T20 (IPL). That's how talented players are. Example Kohli, AB, Babar Azam, Williamson, etc.

2 hours ago, Lala said:

Arre yaar you have misunderstood, if he is a talented batsman he should adapt to conditions. He needs to change gears. He needs to bat aggressively in T20 (IPL). That's how talented players are. Example Kohli, AB, Babar Azam, Williamson, etc.

Batsmen aren't born knowing how and when to do everything.  You need to have a few basic natural skills as a pre-requisite, and then they learn the elements of constructing innings.  Expecting an 18 years old to come in with a few balls left in the innings, and getting everything to go his way is silly.  

And you know what's even sillier - throwing in Barbie Azam with the likes of Kohli, AB and Williamson!

16 hours ago, sandeep said:

And you know what's even sillier - throwing in Barbie Azam with the likes of Kohli, AB and Williamson!

Hahahaha He is the no:1 T20 batsman in the world. He is no:5 ODI in the world. That shows how he can change gears and adapt to any format where your AB and Williamson is no where in top 10 list of T20s. Moreover I took this as an example to show you how great players adapt to different conditions. :cantstop:

20 hours ago, Lala said:

Hahahaha He is the no:1 T20 batsman in the world. He is no:5 ODI in the world. That shows how he can change gears and adapt to any format where your AB and Williamson is no where in top 10 list of T20s. Moreover I took this as an example to show you how great players adapt to different conditions. :cantstop:

Maybe that's why Babar cannot adapt to play Test matches 

Kohli himself failed in 1st season of IPL

what is babar azam doing in that list, shubhman gill is a better batsman then babar azam

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

That's not his style, he's not a hitter. You can't expect everyone to have that ability, especially when they've been taught to bat correctly and value their wicket

For a U19 kid, Gill's strokes have a lot of power.

He will be a hitter in the Kohli, Rahul, Samson mould... that is hit while playing proper cricketing shots ( instead of slogging )

^ Sarfaraz doesn't look as someone who has the sound basics right.

Sarfaraz was the best batsman technique wise in U19 WC on pitches here top order struggled, he was the one who scored runs on tough pitches. Even in final against WI on a green pitch.

Kohli himself failed in 1st season of IPL

what is babar azam doing in that list, shubhman gill is a better batsman then babar azam

Hey Troller Pls check the world T20 ranking for who the Babar Azam is. Then you will realize your Sh*tman Gill is nowhere on the earth to compare with technically sound batsman like Azam. :cantstop:

http://www.lgiccrankings.com/ranking/t20/batting/

Them p@ki boys run towards rankings when it suits them even in T20 kachra where they go about beating west indies C team but harp about India being #1 by beating front line test teams at home :giggle:

Hey Troller Pls check the world T20 ranking for who the Babar Azam is. Then you will realize your Sh*tman Gill is nowhere on the earth to compare with technically sound batsman like Azam. :cantstop:

http://www.lgiccrankings.com/ranking/t20/batting/

the best t20 batsman is a 8 , icc rankings are a sham

let him win games like abdv kohli n all n i dnt mean keeping pilling numbers against WI only

let him win games like abdv kohli n all n i dnt mean keeping pilling numbers against WI only

Again you are trolling yaar. He played lot of good match winning innings may be you dont remember at all. :cantstop: He is just 23 years old kid and promising talent. He will break all the records. You will see the real stats in another 3 years time. After playing just 20 T20 innings he was able to become the #1 T20 batsmen where non of the Indian batsmen (Including ABDV and Kohli :cantstop:) ever did. He is our future. 

@Lala - I heard Pakistan got all out for 168 against a Div 2 Kent team:phehe:

When is the test series starting BTW? Cant wait :dance:

Its a practice match yaar.:cantstop: We are just adapting to conditions. Hope we will perform well when the series starts on May 11th :eyedance:

Then you will realize your Sh*tman Gill is nowhere on the earth to compare with technically sound batsman like Azam

super azam averages 20 odd in test matches ...while playing most of his cricket on low, slow non-turning deserts of uae.....*technically sound #myarse * ...:facepalm::facepalm:

super azam averages 20 odd in test matches ...while playing most of his cricket on low, slow non-turning deserts of uae.....*technically sound #myarse * ...:facepalm::facepalm:

We were talking about T20 & ODI performnces. His Test stats are crap. Slow non turning cement wickets are also in india where indian batsmen make tons telling themselves as classy and some of the batsmen become GODs :cantstop:

Ignore the padosi troll, even in his chosen format of T20, the great Barber Azam has played 10, half his T20s against West Indies B & C sides. When the padosi board is not begging money from BCCI, it does on a part time basis organise series of 3 T20s against weaker teams, which gives their players a chance to boost numbers. These trolls then go ballistic and compare their pitiful batsmen against ABDV & Virat :facepalm:

What's that I see there. You are equating that guy with one of the best batsmen of this era. I liked how you slipped it under there. :phehe:

We were talking about T20 & ODI performnces. His Test stats are crap. Slow non turning cement wickets are also in india where indian batsmen make tons telling themselves as classy and some of the batsmen become GODs :cantstop:

indian batsmen are 100 times better than their cheap ,shitty 3rd grade Pakistani counterparts.......pak is only good for fast-bowling ...which has also reduced in quality recently..

I might get hate for Saying it.

After Kohli,KL Rahul and Dhawan: Gill is your fourth best batsman even at this moment in ODIs.

So we are not playing top 2 batsman in starting XI. We are still stuck at Pandeys, Jhadavs, Rahahes. It is a sad Joke. 

2 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

After Kohli,KL Rahul and Dhawan: Gill is your fourth best batsman even at this moment in ODIs.

So we are not playing top 2 batsman in starting XI. We are still stuck at Pandeys, Jhadavs, Rahahes. It is a sad Joke. 

I have a feeling Gill will be more of an accumulator in ODIs rather than big hitter. 

So much talent lying wasted just because of our conservative selectors and team management, tragic really. Why should a Raina come back or a UV be a guaranteed starter in ICC events 5 years after expiry date? We aren't a 4 million strong country with cricket as a distant 2nd sport like NZ that we can't form a player pool. We are 1.3 billion strong, cricket is religion and have hundreds of shining talents..motto should be perform or GTFO.

I am liking your young man Gill. He looks more solid than Shaw at this point in time , more mature , he has a coolness about him .

He has the look of someone who will shine in all three formats , I hope they pick him to bat 5 against Afghanistan and let him show what he can do and stop this imaginary ' queue" that India has because it is killing the careers of young Indian cricketers. 

" If they are good enough then they are old enough " !!!!

10 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

You forgot Rohit

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You forgot Rohit

After playing a decade, he is still not A Level class batsman. He seems to going downhill lately other than few innings here and there after slow start. 

Edited by wanted_desi

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Guest, sign in to access all features.