The Vijay Hazare Trophy 2018(50 overs domestic season)

Cricketics

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

No need to mock the guy when injured.   Sure the book thing was ridiculous, but he was young, and agents can be exploitative morons who misguide you.

Let's leave him alone as he tries to do what Shikhar Dhawan managed to do.  

I don't think that was the agents work..

I read and saw some of his interviews. He is the padaaku intellectual type so that probably came naturally to him .

He was sitting on the bench reading a book even during ranji matches.

Nothing wrong as long as he can get back on the trail to scoring runs.

You need all kinds in the world. He is also a kind of character...the studious intellectuual kind. He is real and not the fake kind. He probably has a more fuller life that most other cricketers. 

All power to him to come out of the dark phase he has been having cricket wise.

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

No need to mock the guy when injured.   Sure the book thing was ridiculous, but he was young, and agents can be exploitative morons who misguide you.

Let's leave him alone as he tries to do what Shikhar Dhawan managed to do.  

Why is it ridiculous wrote a book . Good on him to be bothered to do it 

most just want to play with their phones . So much stick for doing a piece of literature !! Everyone must do and behave the same or stick 

49 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why is it ridiculous wrote a book . Good on him to be bothered to do it 

most just want to play with their phones . So much stick for doing a piece of literature !! Everyone must do and behave the same or stick 

Writing a book was not ridiculous...

The  topic was probably a bit ott pompous...

Considering it was the begining of the teams long journey  ahead.

Agree....reading , writing is a better hobby that taking a 1000 selfies a day or coloring hair every other day.

But he did get waylayed by the fame snd attention.

Even Dravid mentioned his agents at his book inaugration. Sandeep is probably right about him getting misguided by agents. Family ,  coach , friends all have a great role in keeping the young ones grounded.

This guy does seem like an interesting person, if not a cricketer.

6 hours ago, beetle said:

Writing a book was not ridiculous...

The  topic was probably a bit ott pompous...

Considering it was the begining of the teams long journey  ahead.

Agree....reading , writing is a better hobby that taking a 1000 selfies a day or coloring hair every other day.

But he did get waylayed by the fame snd attention.

Even Dravid mentioned his agents at his book inaugration. Sandeep is probably right about him getting misguided by agents. Family ,  coach , friends all have a great role in keeping the young ones grounded.

This guy does seem like an interesting person, if not a cricketer.

I don't get how it is pompous. You can't just assume he's not faced anything in life as he's 19-20. 

I'm pretty sure there is a lot he could talk about regarding the challenges faced at different age groups, having to qualify at various stages, playing different conditions, the travelling, training. The numerous people that have already impact his life, career.

3 hours ago, Sachinism said:

I don't get how it is pompous. You can't just assume he's not faced anything in life as he's 19-20. 

I'm pretty sure there is a lot he could talk about regarding the challenges faced at different age groups, having to qualify at various stages, playing different conditions, the travelling, training. The numerous people that have already impact his life, career.

It was about  winning the under 19 cup. 

How many people go about writing a book about the first major tournament win when it is just the begining of your career ? 

I personally think it a bit pompous  to be doing that at just the begining of his career. 

Edited by beetle
1 hour ago, beetle said:

It was about  winning the under 19 cup. 

How many people go about writing a book about the first major tournament win when it is just the begining of your career ? 

Inpersonally think it a bit pompous  to be doing that at just the begining of his career. 

Most of the efforts went on writing the book but rather it should be on the field learning the skills

4 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I cant believe how people can be so moronic n judgemental, his writimh a book on his journey from age group cricket to U19 worldcup win n then struggle with higher level is a good education n is good he is sharing the learning curve with others n he is a thoughtful young bloke with talent n will fulfill his promise.

When someone is down like Unmukt was in his post u19career, people tend to criticize a player with whatever reason they can think of, regardless of it making sense or not. This is what they did in Chand’s case.

Pathetic honestly. Kuch kaam nahi hai logo ko but to pick on a player talk shyt about him. 

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No idea why they are holding back Asif. Kept him on the bench throughout the Ranji trophy then played in two non-consequential T20s and now not playing even in Vijay Hazare. Instead playing trundler Abhishek Mohan.  Really disappointed in Dav Whatmore.

Becoz they want to destroy the pace bowling stock of India..if I'm not wrong Dave Whatmore is Aussie