Cricketics

The Vijay Hazare Trophy 2018(50 overs domestic season)

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

No need to mock the guy when injured.   Sure the book thing was ridiculous, but he was young, and agents can be exploitative morons who misguide you.

Let's leave him alone as he tries to do what Shikhar Dhawan managed to do.  

Why is it ridiculous wrote a book . Good on him to be bothered to do it 

most just want to play with their phones . So much stick for doing a piece of literature !! Everyone must do and behave the same or stick 

49 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why is it ridiculous wrote a book . Good on him to be bothered to do it 

most just want to play with their phones . So much stick for doing a piece of literature !! Everyone must do and behave the same or stick 

Writing a book was not ridiculous...

The  topic was probably a bit ott pompous...

Considering it was the begining of the teams long journey  ahead.

Agree....reading , writing is a better hobby that taking a 1000 selfies a day or coloring hair every other day.

But he did get waylayed by the fame snd attention.

Even Dravid mentioned his agents at his book inaugration. Sandeep is probably right about him getting misguided by agents. Family ,  coach , friends all have a great role in keeping the young ones grounded.

This guy does seem like an interesting person, if not a cricketer.

6 hours ago, beetle said:

Writing a book was not ridiculous...

The  topic was probably a bit ott pompous...

Considering it was the begining of the teams long journey  ahead.

Agree....reading , writing is a better hobby that taking a 1000 selfies a day or coloring hair every other day.

But he did get waylayed by the fame snd attention.

Even Dravid mentioned his agents at his book inaugration. Sandeep is probably right about him getting misguided by agents. Family ,  coach , friends all have a great role in keeping the young ones grounded.

This guy does seem like an interesting person, if not a cricketer.

I don't get how it is pompous. You can't just assume he's not faced anything in life as he's 19-20. 

I'm pretty sure there is a lot he could talk about regarding the challenges faced at different age groups, having to qualify at various stages, playing different conditions, the travelling, training. The numerous people that have already impact his life, career.

3 hours ago, Sachinism said:

I don't get how it is pompous. You can't just assume he's not faced anything in life as he's 19-20. 

I'm pretty sure there is a lot he could talk about regarding the challenges faced at different age groups, having to qualify at various stages, playing different conditions, the travelling, training. The numerous people that have already impact his life, career.

It was about  winning the under 19 cup. 

How many people go about writing a book about the first major tournament win when it is just the begining of your career ? 

I personally think it a bit pompous  to be doing that at just the begining of his career. 

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, beetle said:

It was about  winning the under 19 cup. 

How many people go about writing a book about the first major tournament win when it is just the begining of your career ? 

Inpersonally think it a bit pompous  to be doing that at just the begining of his career. 

Most of the efforts went on writing the book but rather it should be on the field learning the skills

I cant believe how people can be so moronic n judgemental, his writimh a book on his journey from age group cricket to U19 worldcup win n then struggle with higher level is a good education n is good he is sharing the learning curve with others n he is a thoughtful young bloke with talent n will fulfill his promise.

4 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I cant believe how people can be so moronic n judgemental, his writimh a book on his journey from age group cricket to U19 worldcup win n then struggle with higher level is a good education n is good he is sharing the learning curve with others n he is a thoughtful young bloke with talent n will fulfill his promise.

When someone is down like Unmukt was in his post u19career, people tend to criticize a player with whatever reason they can think of, regardless of it making sense or not. This is what they did in Chand’s case.

Pathetic honestly. Kuch kaam nahi hai logo ko but to pick on a player talk shyt about him. 

No idea why they are holding back Asif. Kept him on the bench throughout the Ranji trophy then played in two non-consequential T20s and now not playing even in Vijay Hazare. Instead playing trundler Abhishek Mohan.  Really disappointed in Dav Whatmore.

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No idea why they are holding back Asif. Kept him on the bench throughout the Ranji trophy then played in two non-consequential T20s and now not playing even in Vijay Hazare. Instead playing trundler Abhishek Mohan.  Really disappointed in Dav Whatmore.

Becoz they want to destroy the pace bowling stock of India..if I'm not wrong Dave Whatmore is Aussie

6 minutes ago, beetle said:

Sangwan is still captain of delhi?

I thought Ishant was the captain for this tournament.

but Ishant isnt playing. cricket does not have non-playing captains yet.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

No Asif or Thampi even.      :facepalm:   

Tripathi's unbeaten century guides Maharashtra past Bengal

Rahul Tripathi blasted the Bengal bowlers into submission with a 102-ball-125 as Maharashtra comfortably crushed last year's runners-up Bengal by seven wickets

Rising Pune Supergiant’s Rahul Tripathi plays a shot during the 2017 Indian Premier League (IPL) T20 match against Kolkata Knight Riders at the Eden Gardens Stadium in Kolkata on May 3, 2017.

Captain Rahul Tripathi's maiden List A hundred guided Maharashtra to a convincing seven-wicket win over Bengal in its opening Group B Vijay Hazare Trophy one-day match at the A. B. Vajpayee Stadium here on Monday.

Tripathi's magnificent 102–ball 125, containing 12 fours and four sixes, overshadowed Abhimanyu Easwaran's century, which had enabled Bengal to post a formidable total of 293 for nine after being asked to bat first.

Maharashtra overhauled the target with plenty to spare.

Tripathi enjoyed his new responsibility as he formed partnerships worth 80, 42 and 107 with Ruturaj Gaikwad (77 off 70 balls), Ankit Bawne (22 off 25) and Naushad Shaikh (39 not out off 32) respectively following a sound 65-run platform laid by openers Gaikwad and Vijay Zol (24).

When Gaikwad was in full flow, cutting and pulling the Bengal pacers spectacularly, Tripathi provided him support. After the fall of Gaikwad, who was run out due to a terrible mix-up, the Maharashtra skipper maintained his composure. He had a good rapport with his partners while running aggressively between wickets.

Tripathi also unleashed some entertaining strokes, predominantly on the onside, to switch gear at the right time as Bengal bowlers struggled with their line and length. “Whatever responsibility I get, I try to give my best. Here spending time was important in order to reach the target,” said Tripathi.

5 hours ago, fineleg said:

What type of pitches are they scoring these centuries? Hope they get sportive pitches for these domestic ODIs, so both bowlers (incl pacers) and batsmen have something in it.

They are playing on similar pitches where Indian team usually play when guys like Rohit Sharma score truck loads of runs against visiting teams like Sri lanka and maul them and end their bowling careers.

Time to draft some of these hopefulls in the future instead of ignoring these tournaments. 

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Why isn't Rana much hyped. He is in ODI mould and imho better choice to be considered than Hooda who is more of a spin basher.

+1

I have seen Hooda only in ipl and he looks all hype at least in ipl.

Rana had a very good ipl and seems to be performing consistently in domestic cricket.

32 minutes ago, beetle said:

+1

Rana had a very good ipl and seems to be performing consistently in domestic cricket.

Two positives about Rana:

1) Can hit both Pacers and spinners

2) Knows to rotate strike. 

7 hours ago, Pollack said:

Why isn't Rana much hyped. He is in ODI mould and imho better choice to be considered than Hooda who is more of a spin basher.

True he had a really good ranji and has been scoring lots of runs for a while now. He definitely should get a look. Hopefully he has another good IPL for :mi:

9 hours ago, beetle said:

+1

I mentiomed how crazy rate  Rana was scoring runs at in Ranji, however now I stay away from hyping him because some silly icf folks will bring that I am only talking about Rana because he is from Delhi. Him and Krunal Pandya are two players who should have been tried by now in Indian ODI side.

I can’t help when some Delhi players are so good and Indian prospect like Khejroliya, Pant, Rana etc.

We are so good :)

8 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Mayank Agarwal has now made the strongest case for a place in the India ODI XI - ahead of KLR, Shreyas, Manish, and the daft suggestion of Shubman Gill.

Yes, Aggarwal deserves a chance but for Rohit may be or Dhawan? Where would you play him? He should open if he is playing but he we have two openers already who are likely to open for India in the next world cup.

On current form you can only rest or drop Rohit.