Dont want to see another finals choke

SK_IH

Aussies are not that good a team. Should've lost against Eng. Then didn't exactly look dominant against AFG. Of course we blew them away earlier. 

Our bowling will be fine. My Only worry is that we are reliant on Shaw - Gill for our runs. If Australia can get those 2 early,  we could collapse. 

dont be surprised if that team that wins the toss wins the match.  i dont see it as choking because handing pressure is a the biggest challenge at U19 level. Teams have struggled to chase even modest totals.  This is the reason 2012 WC win and the inning by Unmukt Chand was so special and I had rated him so highly then, the way he handled the pressure on a decent bowling pitch.  He could not progress is his own undoing.  He probably got carried away with that fame rather than improving his game. he was no less than a talent than Kohli or Dhawan at U19 level.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

dont be surprised if that team that wins the toss wins the match.  i dont see it as choking because handing pressure is a the biggest challenge at U19 level. Teams have struggled to chase even modest totals.  This is the reason 2012 WC win and the inning by Unmukt Chand was so special and I had rated him so highly then, the way he handled the pressure on a decent bowling pitch.  He could not progress is his own undoing.  He probably got carried away with that fame rather than improving his game. he was no less than a talent than Kohli or Dhawan at U19 level.

Got too much hype... wrote an autobiography :facepalm:

I saw him face Kallis and Lee in the IPL looked like he had absolutely no clue

Aussie will come hard at our spinners that is for sure, their openers specially jack edwards who had a good outing against us in previous encounter, that guy took the game to afghani mystery spinners. instead of shiva singh we can rope in arshdeep singh his left arm angle will provide more variety in attack. Its was worth to notice aussie looked comfy against spin but were rattled by pace. We need to go for all nd all pace attack. Mavi, nagarkoti, porel, arshdeep will turn out to a more lethal attack as compared to three spinners + three seam bowlers.

32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Baba Aparajith's 50 was a gun innings while chasing Pakistan's meagre total. india was 8 for 3 when he constructed a partnership with Vijay Zol. 

31 minutes ago, maniac said:

Got too much hype... wrote an autobiography :facepalm:

I saw him face Kallis and Lee in the IPL looked like he had absolutely no clue

i think before you saw him in that IPL, he had already smashed Lee or may Kallis in the Champions league. Anyway, Lee was one of the fastest bowler in the world and was never easy for even the best.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Baba Aparajith's 50 was a gun innings while chasing Pakistan's meagre total. india was 8 for 3 when he constructed a partnership with Vijay Zol. 

yes that too but that total was too low. Against Aus, they had to chase 220 plus on a good bowling pitch. Against Pak, it was only 130ish total.

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Didn't they already beat them once in the group stage?  

Yes. Saw that match. Felt sorry for Australia. They don't stand a chance. Only way they can win is somehow getting Shaw/Gill very early and create flutter among middle order and we choke. Not a guaranteed win. But India is a big favorite to win . Even Australian media realizes what a massive job ahead for their U19 team. 

testw3.png.c0625c8f0abea8e5c7b7f7f522786972.png