Cricket bat repairing - Really nice

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

The cost of English willow bats is high nowadays as it was when we played cricket. I guess the cost of the English willows makes repair a tempting option nowadays.

i never spent more than 200rs for a bat :p:

how much typical high end bats cost ?

31 minutes ago, velu said:

i never spent more than 200rs for a bat :p:

how much typical high end bats cost ?

Well , I purchased one 6 years back for Rs 5500. BDM Vampire. That was my second bat , English Willow bat. My first one was Kashmir Willow around 20 years back it cost me Rs 1200. I used to play with it at nets and 20 and 40 over  club matches.

For tennis ball cricket I used the cheap 150 Rs to 450 Rs. ones.

6 years back the English willow were available from 3000 Rs onwards to 15000 Rs. I was tempted to by S M Pintu, a local manufacturer which were cheap as it was just making Indian market. GM are the costliest brands available in India.

As I played for a well renowned and a club which was one of the oldest in our city, I got a discount of 600 Rs.

Edited by Straight Drive
18 minutes ago, velu said:

looks like even sachin tendulkar , dhoni etc etc  who has got millions of money still reppair their bats .. news to me

i thiught they will throw the bat after it gest damaged

It is because the weight, the grip and the comfort with the bats is what a cricketer gets used to. The feel gains importance. So the cricketers will opt to repair minor faults in bat.

Cricketers only give away costly tracks, shorts, shoes after tours to club batsmen and bowlers. I got Hashim Amla's Puma batting spikes . He is such a gentleman. I wish Hashim Amla had given his costly bat. 

Edited by Straight Drive
1 hour ago, velu said:

looks like even sachin tendulkar , dhoni etc etc  who has got millions of money still reppair their bats .. news to me

i thiught they will throw the bat after it gest damaged

No people like the feel and balance of certain bats and hence they get it repaired. Some bat have better feel and stroke than newer ones and hence they try to get it repaired time and again.