Contribution to Indian cricket : Is there anyone even close to Dravid?

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

A little less for a 2 month job at home , compared to a full time commitment to U-19 / India A teams all through the year ? if it was about the money and you where retired , which one would you pick ? 

why does he need to have million things to do ? Being on the road for years , he could spend some quality time with his family ..thats a good enough reason for a lot of people not to be involved ? 

you cant even imagine sachin doing something like coaching in Indian national setup forget doing it for u19 etc ( and its understandable when someone who has retired does not want to spend time away from family), for Dravid to do this is purely out of his love for the game, he will have other alternatives to make money even if he needs them at this point. True great Dravid Respect.

58 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Not many ( if any )  50+ average , 10,000+ run test cricketers  would take up a lower profile U19 and A-team coaching job.

Dravid is definitely the biggest post-retirement contributor to Indian cricket in India.

Respect    :hatsoff:

Low profile = low accountability 

now add high payday doesn’t seem too bad does it?

not doubting his intention though  

1 minute ago, Rasgulla said:

I think they are afraid.. He was gonna say "You guys should wear a helmet in rajya sabha" :cantstop:

lol 

Congress want to make a scene, if they stopped some random xyz yadav from making a statement no one would have cared for what they were shouting for, but now everyone or many know that they wanted Modi to apologize to Manmohan. Congress is to blame. 

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

You are forgetting he was prepared to take accountability for batting in SA 

You are getting the context wrong...I am not attacking Rahul’s intentions or character here...I am only trying to point out this myth  that him taking up this role as some kind of a great sacrifice and an immense contribution to the history of Indian cricket above so many other actual contributions.

Just now, maniac said:

You are getting the context wrong...I am not attacking Rahul’s intentions or character here...I am only trying to point out this myth  that him taking up this role as some kind of a great sacrifice and an immense contribution to the history of Indian cricket above so many other actual contributions.

I agree by taking this route does not place any higher than the others but it doesn't lessen him either. 

Personally as an outsider I appreciate them all for what they have contributed and still contribute in  whatever form 

Just now, Tattieboy said:

I agree by taking this route does not place any higher than the others but it doesn't lessen him either. 

Personally as an outsider I appreciate them all for what they have contributed and still contribute in  whatever form 

It doesn’t obviously...and I have said he is doing a great job of grooming talent and coaching them,no doubt.I call it giving worth for your money or even more and doing a fantastic job.

Contribution is usually a selfless service. 

12 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

YES BUT WHAT ABOUT...

hmmm

Sachin for instance he comparable in stature to Dravid, both very fine test batsmen who did well for India scored lots of runs. Sachin wont spend time away from family and become a consultant or coach for a National team at any level, he might accept gigs with MI as it might not be much of a drag in terms of hrs for him. But dravid has to be appretiated in this regard, he could have comentated, did the occassional few weeks be on TV and had fun while making bucks, but he chose to slog it out with u19 team. 

Deserves praise.

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

YES BUT WHAT ABOUT...

hmmm

Sachin for instance he comparable in stature to Dravid, both very fine test batsmen who did well for India scored lots of runs. Sachin wont spend time away from family and become a consultant or coach for a National team at any level, he might accept gigs with MI as it might not be much of a drag in terms of hrs for him. But dravid has to be appretiated in this regard, he could have comentated, did the occassional few weeks be on TV and had fun while making bucks, but he chose to slog it out with u19 team. 

Deserves praise.

Coaching is in the bones,  it's not for every ex player 

We lost to Nepal and Afghanistan in Asia Cup, we have lost in the finals of previous U-19 WC(I think Dravid was the coach then as well) We did extremely well this U-19 WC...infact India has reached the U-19 final 6 times.

Now as far as compensation goes it is probably right there among the top cricketing coaches in the world.

As far as accountability goes the U19 WC is probably what is the most scrutinized in this role...Do people even remember Asia Cup U19? Or any “outstanding A tour victories” in recent times?

I don’t want to keep adding this caveat of how much I respect Dravid or prove anything...All I am asking is how does this account for “outstanding contribution” can someone answer that?

Serious question @coffee_rules @beetle @jusarrived @sourab10forever

How is Dravids contribution more than Tushar Arothe? who took Indian women’s cricket to great heights for probably not even 5% of the salary?

Edited by maniac