Where are all the experts now, thunders Ravi Shastri

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rohit over Rahane

Shastri: Right from the beginning, there was no doubt in the mind of the team management that Rohit was the batsman in form while Ajinkya was struggling, not just on the field but in the nets too. Rohit was averaging more than 200 in Tests and had scored around 1200-odd runs in ODIs. So, what does the team tell him? Your runs don't matter because that's how it works? Performances count and that makes this whole talking point a no-brainer. We all know what Ajinkya is capable of, but before coming here, he was averaging about 30 all through 2017.

I wont have been surprised even if they wud have said rahane forgot how to hold bat for few days to hide their mistake

This worries me that they still havent learned their lesson. 

Also when was rohit avg 200 in test ?????

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

O ok .

so let’s gets this correct . Wins are nothing to do with shastri , only losses to do with shastri ?  That’s fair lol

same with skipepr . Wins nothing to with skipper only losses ? 

I would crack jokes on self loathing and wrist slitting but in this pc world would be accused of bullying so I won’t say this :giggle:

A good coach would have at least made an effort to show Kohli between what is probably right and wrong. He merely agreed to whatever decisions Kohli made. Why do you need someone for that?

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

Nope prep was bcci fault and organising Sri Lanka series 

Many main test players were rested and they cud have easily travelled to SA and BCCI did give them that offer

Shastri in his recent interview said they it wud have been diff to manage them........non sense 

We have done the same thing in 2011-12 when Ind vs WI was going on and many seniors travelled to Australia 

Sri lanka series is not a bad thing, thats a chance to try few youngsters which is actually use to boost records of settled players. 

So agree like kohli made a few selection errors and tactical errors . Who doesn’t 

but no idea why posters slaughter him as if not working hard and not doing thisngs to best of his ability . I think passionate for team and putting good atnsosphere and team environment to succeed . Kohli and him get on really well is important , I know some bizzarekt want a coach who hates on kohli but that ain’t good for team 

is popular in team environment , team working hard and giving all . No idea why silly level of hate cos some pics of him having good social life 

I am happy with team performance and ethics . Moving forward and did well in sa series 

silly stereotype hate on icf . Where shastri is hated and pant is seen as greatest thing since slice bread . Not all is black and white folks . Shastri and kohli made some mistakes but over all very happy with shape  team is in and direction moving 

26 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I'll cut them some slack this one time. The vultures were out after the second Test. Some really insecure people on this forum were actually wishing that the team got white washed to prove their points. Team replied in the best way possible. 

In the context of the series, it was a dead rubber but in the grand scheme of things the win helped us retain the Test mace for another year.

Not saying the 3rd test was a dead rubber. It was a great achievement winning the last test. However, one can only be naive to think that there was no nepotism going on within the team management. Had there been a clear strategy, we could have won 2-1!

So, you cant shift goal post to suit your agenda. Which is what Shastri is doing now. 

Sab kiya dhara kohli ka h aur ye shastri credit loot rha h

Kohli is always a blessing for india in run chase...last odi win has nothing to do with shastri...what did shastri do to improve rahul dhawan murli pujara performance during  test series.

Had he encouraged any youngster so far in his tenure?

16 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Still waiting for shastri win loss stats as coach . All you guys reacting saying troll post lol please post stats lol prove your point doing bad job lol

come on haters post them . Let’s see how doing lol

I genunjnky don’t know stats . Maybe having a stinker 

even Kumble had good stats

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

even Kumble had good stats

Yes he did . But simply rubbed players up wrong way , not good coaching . Dealing with multi millionaire players and acting like their boss , sadly that don’t work ?  Lesser version of Chappell 

love Kumble and admire wanted to Ben hard task master . But facts are dealing with super stars and that won’t work . Get you galitico skipper on side first , did not do that , not clever move ?

shastri got dresismg room on his side . That’s astute . Icf don’t like that as want him to be school teacher but what he is doing is way to coach in modern cricket 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I wont have been surprised even if they wud have said rahane forgot how to hold bat for few days to hide their mistake

This worries me that they still havent learned their lesson. 

Also when was rohit avg 200 in test ?????

Rohit was averaging near 200 in test cricket in 2017 I think

49 minutes ago, sandeep said:

If Shastri's Rahane logic were evenly applied, Virat should have been sitting out after the tests against Aus.  

now he  understood batsmen who did well in India might not succeed overseas and England so applying that logic he dropped Iyer and brought in Rahane. where was this logic in tests.  Everyone knows Rahane does struggle at home. Even before last SA tour, when he made his debut at home, he looked like cat on a hot tin roof but suddenly played like a he belonged to this stage in SA.

Edited by rkt.india