SecondSlip

India vs Australia | Under-19 World Cup Final | Mount Maunganui | Feb 3, 2018 |

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

He has been brought in before Shiva many times and Shiva is probably one of those who will have a utility IPL career...nothing special either....Riyaan too but giving him benefit of doubt as he is only 16.

Because left handers are batting so he bowled ahead of others. He is batsman primarily.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has speed limitations. That is true. But he is compensating by bowling intelligently.

He can bowl quicker, just holding back himself due to injury. Watch his spell against Vidarbha on Ranji debut.

Just now, lamellavig said:

Then explain Glenn McGrath. 

McGrath never bowled at less than 130s and also different times,different pitches.

I am not writing of Porel..he is what 19??? Has the world ahead of him but I personally think Nagarkoti and Mavi are special because bowlers like Porel have come through our system many times before.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

McGrath never bowled at less than 130s and also different times,different pitches.

I am not writing of Porel..he is what 19??? Has the world ahead of him but I personally think Nagarkoti and Mavi are special because bowlers like Porel have come through our system many times before.

McGrath bowlred at early 130s, just like Porel. Porel is exact speed as McGrath.

Also it is stupidity to think of different times, it is just bowling skill.

Mavi and Nagarkoti lack bounce. Bounce is key, not pace.  

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well it is what it is ....you gotta take wickets at the end of the day..Nagarkoti is an incredible athlete though one with the xfactor,hope mavi doesn’t get lost in the shuffle...brilliant talent 

Mavi will make into Indian team and play for a long long time. He has Zaheer like maturity on his face. I feel he learns really fast. 

Great prospect 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Not tad ...very very average....can’t bat either...he will be one of those Jakati,Rahul Sharma type IPL regulars.

Why dravid playing 3 lefties ? Why not arshdeep or pankaj yadav

4 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

McGrath bowlred at early 130s, just like Porel. Porel is exact speed as McGrath.

Also it is stupidity to think of different times, it is just bowling skill.

Mavi and Nagarkoti lack bounce. Bounce is key, not pace.  

But they can hurry the batsmen for pace.

anyway too early with McGrath  comparisons...how many Indian bowlers have you seen go from 140+ to 125ks and how many Indian bowlers have you seen go from 125ks to 140+...only one I can think of in the 2nd category is Bhuvi.

Clearly the approach is to play out Mavi and attack him but kudos to him for delivering...that is nothing to be ashamed of though,it happened with Pollock-Donald etc etc.

Porel is a smart bowler and has extra bounce but sorry at this stage not international standard for big boys cricket.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

anyway too early with McGrath  comparisons...how many Indian bowlers have you seen go from 140+ to 125ks and how many Indian bowlers have you seen go from 125ks to 140+...only one I can think of in the 2nd category is Bhuvi.

Clearly the approach is to play out Mavi and attack him but kudos to him for delivering...that is nothing to be ashamed of though,it happened with Pollock-Donald etc etc.

Porel is a smart bowler and has extra bounce but sorry at this stage not international standard for big boys cricket.

But how can you say not international standard?

2 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Could have continued with porel but maybe he is not fully fit

Rahul Dravid usually changes the team just like that,so no way he will play an injured bowler,i think we are finding excuses for Ishan’s lack of pace but that is ok he is still delivering.

Edited by maniac

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Porel isn't bowling at his quickest. I have said so many times. Judge him based how he bowled in Ranji trophy making batsmen hop and jump.

Not too excited about Ishan even though he is the one taking wickets. For me,

this world cup rising star in terms of bowling are Mavi and Nagarkoti.

Ishan’s action can cause him many problems down the line. Plus he looks Dheela Dhaala to me.All the best to him. He can bowl faster once fully fit but must fix things.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rahul Dravid usually changes the team just like that,so no way he will play an injured bowler,i think we are finding excuses for Ishan’s lack of pace but that is ok he is still delivering.

He is fit enough to bowl but not going full tilt

Just now, rkt.india said:

Porel isn't bowling at his quickest. I have said so many times. Judge him based how he bowled in Ranji trophy making batsmen hop and jump.

I realize that, but my concern is if an ankle injury obviously not major because he is obviously match fit has hampered his pace,how can he sustain international schedule+IPL+Domestics etc.I  still think he has some skills though and bounce like @lamellavig pointed out 

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

As of now no,do you really think he is a special talent?

Porel has elite, not just good, but elite, control over line and bounce. He rushes batsmen and dominates them, clinically and rruthlessly. He is never defensive. He is like a young McGrath. 

Just now, maniac said:

I realize that, but my concern is if an ankle injury obviously not major because he is obviously match fit has hampered his pace,how can he sustain international schedule+IPL+Domestics etc.I  still think he has some skills though and bounce like @lamellavig pointed out 

He bowled 45 overs in one Ranji innings and was hitting the batsmen on helmet in 40th over bowling quick. Imagine mental state of a 19 year old who almost had his WC dream crushed after getting injured in the first game. 

Guest, sign in to access all features.