Jump to content
SecondSlip

India vs Australia | Under-19 World Cup Final | Mount Maunganui | Feb 3, 2018 |

Recommended Posts

Just now, rkt.india said:

He bowled 45 overs in one Ranji innings and was hitting the batsmen on helmet in 40th over bowling quick. Imagine mental state of a 19 year old who almost had his WC dream crushed after getting injured in the first game. 

Too early to judge Porel. This was his frst major set back and r bas responded well with taking wickets.

 

Bigger challenge awaits how he is able to do against top level Ranji cricketers again and again even though he might have done well in the oast.

 

Its going to be especially tough since he is currently not at his best as he has just come out of injury.

 

So will be interesting challenge for him if he gets to Play in Hazare trophy on some flat decks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Too early to judge Porel. This was his frst major set back and r bas responded well with taking wickets.

 

Bigger challenge awaits how he is able to do against top level Ranji cricketers again and again even though he might have done well in the oast.

 

Its going to be especially tough since he is currently not at his best as he has just come out of injury.

 

So will be interesting challenge for him if he gets to Play in Hazare trophy on some flat decks.

 

It's not about wickets with Porel that's given with him, what is elite is the fact that he is dominating the batsman. He has never been dominated. Also look at his first class record. 

Edited by lamellavig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Hardik Desai is going to give Pant and Ishan Kishan and other keepers good competition few years from now.

 

 

He is one for the keeps.

 

I am glad we have some good keepers coming up.

 

 

There is another one Urvil Patel who IMO should have been here. Very tall WK batsman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lamellavig said:

It's not about wickets with Porel that's given with him, what is elite is the fact that he is dominating the batsman. He has never been dominated. 

He bowls good line and puts pressure and then gets wicket of his average or okayish delivery.  Thats a good sign as many top odi bowlers get wicket on a okayish delivery once they have pressurized the batsman by bowling few good balls. Thats called “setting up”.

 

However, those good delveries will need to be backed up with extremely good deliveries at international level.

 

Porel does have good cricketing brain. Is he able to to take that into List A level against top Indian bats and bowl wicket to wicket consistently, that only time will tell. At this level for now, he is extremely good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cricketics said:

He bowls good line and puts pressure and then gets wicket of his average or okayish delivery.  Thats a good sign as many top odi bowlers get wicket on a okayish delivery once they have pressurized the batsman by bowling few good balls. Thats called “setting up”.

 

However, those good delveries will need to be backed up with extremely good deliveries at international level.

 

Porel does have good cricketing brain. Is he able to to take that into List A level against top Indian bats and bowl wicket to wicket consistently, that only time will tell. At this level for now, he is extremely good. 

Not one of his deliveries are okayish. They are all on the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Haven’t seen him cash in on batting yet...keeping is solid

Had decent starts against Bangladesh in the Q/F when we were throwing away. I think the guy plays smart cricket with the bat. Can be a solid batsman down the line from such experiences backed with some good keeping skills.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lamellavig said:

Not one of his deliveries are okayish. They are all on the money. 

One of the wicket takinng delivery caught on covers was okayish. But thats your typical dismissal in ODI’s. 

 

Like I said, its called set up. Bowl few good balls like he did and then get a wicket of okayish ball.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, asterix said:

Shaw is a conservative captain... Dravid’s defensive boy...

On the contrary, he is very intuitive and attacking. Being attacking does not mean voluntarily throwing away runs. Shaw shows a lot of intent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cricketics said:

One of the wicket takinng delivery caught on covers was okayish. But thats your typical dismissal in ODI’s. 

 

Like I said, its called set up. Bowl few good balls like he did and then get a wicket of okayish ball.

 

 

 

 

 

Look at the bounce and line, it is abnormally good. Not okayish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

On the contrary, he is very intuitive and attacking. Being attacking does not mean voluntarily throwing away runs. Shaw shows a lot of intent. 

No, you can’t be called attacking if you take sweeper fielder for your top fast bowlers and fail to provide them extra slip fielders.

 

He is very young and will learn but we do nt need to sing praises for him and his captaincy for every little reason.

 

 

Awesome batsman and okayish captain. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Look at the bounce and line, it is abnormally good. Not okayish. 

Too short and too much time for the batsman. Batsman timed it but poor shot since he hit where the fielder was.

 

Not trying to take anything away from him. Previous deliveries were good and that is what made the batsman fo after bowling and throw his wicket since there were few dot balls. But realize that ordinary balls will get you more wickets now days then good balls.

 

But the ordinary balls need to be bowled after you have bowler some 3-4 good dot balls.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No, you can’t be called attacking if you take sweeper fielder for your too fast bowlers and fail to peocide them extra slip fielders.

 

He is very young and will learn but we do nt need to sing praises for him and his captaincy for every little reason.

 

 

Awesome batsman and okayish captain. 

 

 

Last match against Pakistan, his field sets were good. WHerever they hit they found a fielder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dada's Army said:

What kind of Benz did he get?

Im still in high school. Have zero contact with lad. No idea what model is registered under his name.

 

Its incredibly hard to get into a selective school and still maintain focus on cricket. He got a decent final mark (ATAR) IIRC he got somewhere between 95-97.

Edited by Ellipsism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×