‘Dhoni does 50% of spinners’ work’: Kuldeep

velu

India wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav lauded MS Dhoni’s inputs behind the stumps as put up yet another stupendous display with the ball on Thursday, with India cruising to a six-wicket win in Durban.

80915-hvfhkpyqzz-1517574946.JPG

Yadav was a thorn in the flesh of the South African batsmen in the middle-overs, picking up 3/45 from his quota of overs. After triggering a mini-collapse, the hosts needed skipper Faf du Plessis and Chris Morris to resurrect their innings.

Yadav said: “Actually I was confused a bit what I should bowl because I am playing in South Africa for the first time and it was a new experience for me.”

“The wind was good and the ball was drifting so I was confused what to bowl, and which variation to use. So I was asking Mahi bhai (Dhoni) and he told me ‘bowl as you are bowling’. It is good that he keeps advising from behind the wickets, it gets easier.”

“As a spinner, he [Dhoni] does 50 per cent of your work because he has played so much cricket; he reads the batsmen easily”

Dhoni could constantly heard on the stump mic throughout the game, vociferously instructing Yadav and the rest of the Indian bowling pack about what bowling lengths they should be operating in.

The 23-year-old also had words of praise for his skipper, Virat Kohli, who starred with the bat and completed his 20th ton in a chase, “When you have two legends, Virat [Kohli] and Mahi, one is leading the team and the other has led the team, it is helpful,” Yadav said.

“The mindset comes from the captain,” the left-arm wrist-spinner said. “The way Virat bhai talks, he always tells us one extra wicket is more important than trying to save 10 runs. If your captain tells you that, then you start believing yourself. We then back our strengths.”

:hail:  :hail::hail: 

https://scroll.in/field/867336/dhoni-does-50-of-spinners-work-kuldeep-on-the-influence-of-former-india-captain

11 minutes ago, speedheat said:

So why didn't he worked out kedar jadhav who went for 19 in 3 overs???? Looks like this great spinners captain only advice good bowlers and chickens it out when needed for part timers like jadhav, nonsense, he knows how to steal the spotlight, captain dhongi

28.5 runs in 3 overs < 19 in 3 overs :phehe:

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

So why didn't he worked out kedar jadhav who went for 19 in 3 overs???? Looks like this great spinners captain only advice good bowlers and chickens it out when needed for part timers like jadhav, nonsense, he knows how to steal the spotlight, captain dhongi

:cheer:WAH KYA COMMENT HAI

jADHAV PART TIME BOWLER,JA TU ADVISE DE DE USKO KAHA DALNI HIA YET HE WONT BE ABLE TO DO THAT EVERY BALL 

U KNW WHY COZ HE IS A PART TIME BOWLER, WHO DIDNT EVEN BOWL MUCH TILL DHONI SHOWED FAITH IN HIM

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats y its vry imp to have him around

A senior like him o in past zak or sachin were very crucial for bowlers.

Even or watever time nehra played he was of gr8 help to youngsters

one thing people never value in ICF is the value of experience 

Its a default thing now, every single player who has played for India has said it how he helps them. Only a fool would deny the benefits of having Dhoni type mentor in the team.

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats y its vry imp to have him around

A senior like him o in past zak or sachin were very crucial for bowlers.

Even or watever time nehra played he was of gr8 help to youngsters

one thing people never value in ICF is the value of experience 

I will not stop him from bringing drinks in.

Edited by Khota
23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

:cheer:WAH KYA COMMENT HAI

jADHAV PART TIME BOWLER,JA TU ADVISE DE DE USKO KAHA DALNI HIA YET HE WONT BE ABLE TO DO THAT EVERY BALL 

U KNW WHY COZ HE IS A PART TIME BOWLER, WHO DIDNT EVEN BOWL MUCH TILL DHONI SHOWED FAITH IN HIM

What a chamchagiri lol, so he gives free advice to professional bowlers but when it comes to part timer he is untoward and inept?? Lol, give credit to great dhoni when someone does well and when don't its dhonis faith :facepalm: 

Edited by speedheat
1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

Kaash thode inputs CT final mein bhi de dete jadeja aur Ashwin ko shayad beizzati nahi hoti :((

Or T20 WC 2016 SF

Screenshot_2018-02-03-18-21-50.png

68 runs conceded in 6 overs by our spinners. Using '50% of the spinners work' formula, that would be 34 runs in 3 overs at 11.34, which is what Dhoni was responsible for. Did Dhoni cost us the WC semifinal :hmmm:?