Sign in to follow this  
afan

Axar Patel for Pandya?3rd odi

Now that we know that the springboks are clueless with the wristies, isnt it time to bring in another spinner and close out all exits for them. Axar can do what Pandya can do with the bat, and I don't think he will have to do much either, with the way things are shaping up . Will Kohli bring Axar  in place of Pandya? 

Abe saalo....let the game be interesting...these 100-250 scores are *ing boring. I want SA to put 300+ and then see if this team can chase that if 2-3 quick wicket falls. That or India should put up 300+ on the board so that we get to see some 444s and 666s. 

A slow left armer can add a bit more variety,besides I don't think Pandya 's spells are that threatening either isn't it.

I also don't feel that Dhoni needs the cover of Pandya In the lower middle order..Pandya will get sorted out soon , it's only a matter of time

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

Wtf lol that axar can't even clear 30yard circle and he can do what pandya can do?? ROFL :laugh:

Axar batted at #4 and 5 for India u-19.  His batting keeps improving slowly.  At this point, he would be a better option on the batting front than say, a Ravi Jadeja.  He's nowhere near Pandya as a power-hitter, but he's not entirely useless either.  

16 hours ago, afan said:

A slow left armer can add a bit more variety,besides I don't think Pandya 's spells are that threatening either isn't it.

I also don't feel that Dhoni needs the cover of Pandya In the lower middle order..Pandya will get sorted out soon , it's only a matter of time

Pandya isnt there for his bowling, but his batting. if we need bowling, we will pick Shami.

12 hours ago, maniac said:

Lot of people think Pandya is the 2nd coming of Kapil Dev which I have Disagreed with

but bring Axar Patel in

I will be forced to say Pandya looks like the first coming of Dev+Imran+Kallis+Sobers+Botham combined in comparison

no one said is the 2nd coming of Kapil Dev. If you look at alrounders at this point. Ben Stokes averages 38 in ODIs with an ET Of 6.12 with less than 1 wickets per match. Pandya has done better. Pandya bats at 7 and averages 33 with an SR Of 118, Stokes at 5-6 and averages 35 with an SR of 98. So, Pandya is certainly up there with the best alrounder. 

19 hours ago, sandeep said:

Axar batted at #4 and 5 for India u-19.  His batting keeps improving slowly.  At this point, he would be a better option on the batting front than say, a Ravi Jadeja.  He's nowhere near Pandya as a power-hitter, but he's not entirely useless either.  

axar as a batsman has seriously under performed and met expectations as a bowler and has fielded above expectations.

Pandya has underperformed as a bowler but has performed as expected as a Batsman and has performed above expectations as a Fielder.

Mr. Jadeja underperformed as a Batsman, met expectations as a Spin Bowler and also performed above expectations as a fielder. but Kuldip and chahal have performed above expectations as a bowler but still ravi jadeja is ahead of ashwin as far as ODI are concerned.

i think ashwin may loose his test spot too.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

no one said is the 2nd coming of Kapil Dev. If you look at alrounders at this point. Ben Stokes averages 38 in ODIs with an ET Of 6.12 with less than 1 wickets per match. Pandya has done better. Pandya bats at 7 and averages 33 with an SR Of 118, Stokes at 5-6 and averages 35 with an SR of 98. So, Pandya is certainly up there with the best alrounder. 

last freak allrounder was kallis. now we have allrounders who suck less in both streams than the bowlers or batsmen doing they secondary role.

Pandya is the only big hitter in the playing eleven at lower order. Dhoni is unreliable. India needs big hitters at present.

Axar Patel, no offence, is a poor man’s version of Jadeja, doesn’t cut the cake. Krunal is 10x better than Axar. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.