SA batsmen train with 5 spinners ahead of 3rd ODI

Texy

4 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

What actually happened?  

A cloesly fought series played on excessively bowler friendly tracks, that narrowly went to the home team which had the good fortune of winning the toss more than the visitors.    If not for a Shikhar Dhawan dolly drop in the slips  that allowed SA to double their score from 140/5 in T1-I1, we'd all be talking about India out-classing SA in the test series, just as they are in the ODIs.   

Ifs and buts aside, SA won the test series, but for anyone to claim that they did so easily is either lying intentionally or just plain ignorant.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

A cloesly fought series played on excessively bowler friendly tracks, that narrowly went to the home team which had the good fortune of winning the toss more than the visitors.    If not for a Shikhar Dhawan dolly drop in the slips  that allowed SA to double their score from 140/5 in T1-I1, we'd all be talking about India out-classing SA in the test series, just as they are in the ODIs.   

Ifs and buts aside, SA won the test series, but for anyone to claim that they did so easily is either lying intentionally or just plain ignorant.  

All this has to do with SA practising using  5 wrist spinners is what? 

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't know, you tell me - you are the "real man of genius" who brought up the test series when everyone else is talking about the on-going ODI games.   

Oh you meant with the comment " usually leads to panic in pressure situations " you meant present ODI  series only 

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Oh you meant with the comment " usually leads to panic in pressure situations " you meant present ODI  series only 

Oh, I meant it with respect to the on-going game and series.    What did you think I was referring to?  The inter-galactic droid race?  

And SA have quite an impressively consistent record of "panic in pressure situations".   So not sure why you are getting all hot and bothered about such a throwaway comment, which also happens to be accurate.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Oh, I meant it with respect to the on-going game and series.    What did you think I was referring to?  The inter-galactic droid race?  

And SA have quite an impressively consistent record of "panic in pressure situations".   So not sure why you are getting all hot and bothered about such a throwaway comment, which also happens to be accurate.

Well you have more knowledge of inter- galactic droid races than cricket so you can see my mistake . I think you are confusing me with yourself getting all hot and bothered 

Just now, Tattieboy said:

Well you have more knowledge of inter- galactic droid races than cricket so you can see my mistake . I think you are confusing me with yourself getting all hot and bothered 

Why would you bring up the test series in this thread about the 3rd ODI then?

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Why would you bring up the test series in this thread about the 3rd ODI then?

Because you made comment about SA in pressure situations and you didn't mean this ODI series 

I was engaged about the topic and a quote that 5 practise wrist spinners looked like panic and I argue that is normal preparation for an international side.  

SA  in panic mode in cricket is a different  topic which in different circumstances I could agree withyou 

14 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Because you made comment about SA in pressure situations and you didn't mean this ODI series 

Dude, the thread title says "3rd ODI" - how did you come to the conclusion that I didn't mean this "ODI series"?  On what basis?  

Anyway, let it go.   Its ok.   Fans get defensive at times, I understand.