Nohit ' The Minnow basher' needs to be rooted out of team

sergio04

No u cant drop rohit sharma, he is ur 2nd best batsman with dhawan ill say 

He has his areas of problem but almost all have that apart from kohli .

I hve said this before in test matches back ur core players like vijay, rahane no matter what and few innings will go here n there and sometimes even a series

Same is the case in ODi cricket, rohit is among the core and he needs to be backed. 

Har roz isko nikal do usko nikal.............saala greg chappell bhare hue hai yaha 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No u cant drop rohit sharma, he is ur 2nd best batsman with dhawan ill say 

He has his areas of problem but almost all have that apart from kohli .

I hve said this before in test matches back ur core players like vijay, rahane no matter what and few innings will go here n there and sometimes even a series

Same is the case in ODi cricket, rohit is among the core and he needs to be backed. 

Har roz isko nikal do usko nikal.............saala greg chappell bhare hue hai yaha 

Ankit Sharma....pehli baar tune icf pe dil garden garden kar diya :five:

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Unbelievable that there is a mob like mentality when it comes to Hardik Pandya of all

people and Dhoni and a guy has 3 bad games after a long purple patch :facepalm:

And people are after him

Rohit has to play since he's done well in multi-nation tourneys, etc. and our alternatives (e.g. Rahane) are not better. However, I think this long purple patch involved mostly home, SC and WI if I had to guess (apart from CT).

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

If you are looking for a consistent opener in ODIs against quality pace attacks ... then Pant of early 2018 is not your guy.

Needs to improve his off-stump game and shot selection.

i always see a bit of short pitch bowling issue with, if we cud get some screen shot of him playing bouncer ...he wud look in awkward position many times. 

I hope he work with ponting At DD regd that n luckily for him he ll b facing rabadda n shami in nets for more then a mnth 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i always see a bit of short pitch bowling issue with, if we cud get some screen shot of him playing bouncer ...he wud look in awkward position many times. 

I hope he work with ponting At DD regd that n luckily for him he ll b facing rabadda n shami in nets for more then a mnth 

He is a decent to good puller ... but can work on defending / leaving short balls.

Yes ... practicing against Shami and Rabada should help him improve.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He is a decent to good puller ... but can work on defending / leaving short balls.

Yes ... practicing against Shami and Rabada should help him improve.

Most young Indian batsmen have short pitch problems....the reasons why Rohit and Rahane were highly rated even before they started was their ability to play short pitch bowling.

That is in fact the reason why selectors still rate Karthik and Patel who both play short pitch very well.

On the other  hand for every Jadhav and Raina out there we have a Kohli who got bounced out in WI in his first tour but now is one of the best players of pace.

There is only 1 bouncer rule so no harm trying Pant.

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

There is only 1 bouncer rule so no harm trying Pant.

I am not that worried about Pant's ability to play short pitched bowling ( although it can improve )  ... but, as I said above, he needs to improve his off-stump game and shot selection.

We can try him out easily in LOIs ... but not as an opener or top 4.

I would prefer him at no.5 onwards at this stage of his career.

Edited by express bowling