Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sergio04

Nohit ' The Minnow basher' needs to be rooted out of team

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, sergio04 said:

We need rishabh pant than this tucchu player

 

 

 

If you are looking for a consistent opener in ODIs against quality pace attacks ... then Pant of early 2018 is not your guy.

 

Needs to improve his off-stump game and shot selection.

Share this post


Link to post

No u cant drop rohit sharma, he is ur 2nd best batsman with dhawan ill say 

He has his areas of problem but almost all have that apart from kohli .

 

I hve said this before in test matches back ur core players like vijay, rahane no matter what and few innings will go here n there and sometimes even a series

Same is the case in ODi cricket, rohit is among the core and he needs to be backed. 

 

Har roz isko nikal do usko nikal.............saala greg chappell bhare hue hai yaha 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No u cant drop rohit sharma, he is ur 2nd best batsman with dhawan ill say 

He has his areas of problem but almost all have that apart from kohli .

 

I hve said this before in test matches back ur core players like vijay, rahane no matter what and few innings will go here n there and sometimes even a series

Same is the case in ODi cricket, rohit is among the core and he needs to be backed. 

 

Har roz isko nikal do usko nikal.............saala greg chappell bhare hue hai yaha 

Ankit Sharma....pehli baar tune icf pe dil garden garden kar diya :five:

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Unbelievable that there is a mob like mentality when it comes to Hardik Pandya of all

people and Dhoni and a guy has 3 bad games after a long purple patch :facepalm:

And people are after him

Rohit has to play since he's done well in multi-nation tourneys, etc. and our alternatives (e.g. Rahane) are not better. However, I think this long purple patch involved mostly home, SC and WI if I had to guess (apart from CT).

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

 

 

If you are looking for a consistent opener in ODIs against quality pace attacks ... then Pant of early 2018 is not your guy.

 

Needs to improve his off-stump game and shot selection.

i always see a bit of short pitch bowling issue with, if we cud get some screen shot of him playing bouncer ...he wud look in awkward position many times. 

I hope he work with ponting At DD regd that n luckily for him he ll b facing rabadda n shami in nets for more then a mnth 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i always see a bit of short pitch bowling issue with, if we cud get some screen shot of him playing bouncer ...he wud look in awkward position many times. 

I hope he work with ponting At DD regd that n luckily for him he ll b facing rabadda n shami in nets for more then a mnth 

 

He is a decent to good puller ... but can work on defending / leaving short balls.

 

Yes ... practicing against Shami and Rabada should help him improve.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

He is a decent to good puller ... but can work on defending / leaving short balls.

 

Yes ... practicing against Shami and Rabada should help him improve.

Most young Indian batsmen have short pitch problems....the reasons why Rohit and Rahane were highly rated even before they started was their ability to play short pitch bowling.

 

That is in fact the reason why selectors still rate Karthik and Patel who both play short pitch very well.

 

On the other  hand for every Jadhav and Raina out there we have a Kohli who got bounced out in WI in his first tour but now is one of the best players of pace.

 

There is only 1 bouncer rule so no harm trying Pant.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, maniac said:

 

There is only 1 bouncer rule so no harm trying Pant.

 

I am not that worried about Pant's ability to play short pitched bowling ( although it can improve )  ... but, as I said above, he needs to improve his off-stump game and shot selection.

 

We can try him out easily in LOIs ... but not as an opener or top 4.

 

I would prefer him at no.5 onwards at this stage of his career.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Scar said:

Yet there are people on forum who told me Rohit is performing better than kohli in last few years. Absolute farce how this guy is able to maintain his place after destroying our chances many folds many times bysucking the momentum at the start of the innings.

Not just forumers, even Sandip Patil said something similar.

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't call him an utter minnow basher. He does play well against Australia. I wouldn't bother his form in ODI. Once he gets through the initial phase ( slips would be gone by then) he will become a monster. But in Tests slips are always there (how annoying) lol 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Khota said:

He can sit out fora game but he is the top 5 bat for India. This is massive over reaction on ICF.

No need to sit him out , its not that he is looking out of place 

These wkts are not that tough and he wud get a score here n there, SA has been a non scoring area for rohit if he gets a score it ll help his confidence.

With one yr left to Wc, ill play dhawan n rohit in all games so they keep scoring n have the self confidence that yes we have scored in SA . 

 

With 1 yr left we shud back the core team to play max games against good sides and fix the problem areas. Rest shud be considered only in series like Nidhas of WI series later this yr

Share this post


Link to post

I still feel Rohit should be asked to bat at 3 or 4 if the pitch is not flat.He can bat till the end after the new ball is gone.I don't understand why he is so obsessed with opening when he clearly lacks he technique in tough conditions.If he is fine with batting at 4 in IPL,he should be okay with doing the same in ODI. 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, diehardpacer said:

I still feel Rohit should be asked to bat at 3 or 4 if the pitch is not flat.He can bat till the end after the new ball is gone.I don't understand why he is so obsessed with opening when he clearly lacks he technique in tough conditions.If he is fine with batting at 4 in IPL,he should be okay with doing the same in ODI. 

if a guy can score almost a 200 given max number of balls why wud u give thos no. of deilveries to someone else .

U give 150 balls to rohit n anyone else and rohit will score more. 

 

3 is blocked for ur best batsman, u do not change ur best batsman position and kohli has said he likes batting at 3. give him the slot he wants coz he ur best player

 

Their was a reason rohit failed at 4 and no point moving him back at 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No need to sit him out , its not that he is looking out of place 

These wkts are not that tough and he wud get a score here n there, SA has been a non scoring area for rohit if he gets a score it ll help his confidence.

With one yr left to Wc, ill play dhawan n rohit in all games so they keep scoring n have the self confidence that yes we have scored in SA . 

 

With 1 yr left we shud back the core team to play max games against good sides and fix the problem areas. Rest shud be considered only in series like Nidhas of WI series later this yr

Of course he has to play the WC as he is the best. It is OK to sit out a player for a game to improve their confidence so that they can come back strong. It is not a repudiation of his batting. This is part of coaching philosphy. But on ICF they love to defend people who dont perform to the level of fraction of what Rohit does and as soon as he has a slight slump the knives are out.

 

The core of Indian batting is Rohit, Rahane, Kohli and Dhawan. Everything else has to be build around it.

Edited by Khota

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, diehardpacer said:

I still feel Rohit should be asked to bat at 3 or 4 if the pitch is not flat.He can bat till the end after the new ball is gone.I don't understand why he is so obsessed with opening when he clearly lacks he technique in tough conditions.If he is fine with batting at 4 in IPL,he should be okay with doing the same in ODI. 

Thats cos opening is the only position he can bat . No pressure , power plays you can just tuk-tuk and still manage a decent strike rate and set yourself up in the name of "anchoring" . if he comes in with couple of wickets down or with the filed spread out , more often than not you will see him struggle with strike rotation and eventually give his wicket. Playing at no4 in T20s is very different , cos in ODI you have a phase of 20 overs where you still have to rotate strike taking minimal risks something Virat does better than anyone else , while in IPL/T20s you just hit out from word go . 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Khota said:

Of course he has to play the WC as he is the best. It is OK to sit out a player for a game to improve their confidence so that they can come back strong. It is not a repudiation of his batting. This is part of coaching philosphy. But on ICF they love to defend people who dont perform to the level of fraction of what Rohit does and as soon as he has a slight slump the knives are out.

I dnt know how sitting out helps someone's confidence 

2 hours ago, Khota said:

 

The core of Indian batting is Rohit, Rahane, Kohli and Dhawan. Everything else has to be build around it.

No rahane isnt in the core, he is only a backup 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, swapnil123 said:

India's Shaun Marsh. So much talent but but not enough to show for it

A guy with 3 ODI double hundreds has nothing to show for it :agree:

Edited by Sean Bradley

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt know how sitting out helps someone's confidence 

No rahane isnt in the core, he is only a backup 

Sitting out for a game is great. Even if is Kohli. John Wooden the greatest coach of all time once said that bench is the best teaching tool he has. It motivates them and come back strong. It is down to coaching philosphy and I dont think India has a coach right now.

 

About Rahane we can disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2018 at 5:41 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

if a guy can score almost a 200 given max number of balls why wud u give thos no. of deilveries to someone else .

U give 150 balls to rohit n anyone else and rohit will score more. 

 

3 is blocked for ur best batsman, u do not change ur best batsman position and kohli has said he likes batting at 3. give him the slot he wants coz he ur best player

 

Their was a reason rohit failed at 4 and no point moving him back at 4

I said Rohit should not open if the pitch is not flat.I have no issue with him opening in Asian pitches.All his 200s are in good batting tracks.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×