Running between the wicket of Indians is disastrous and one of the worst

Cricketics

I have seen enough from last few years to say that we are right up there with worst runners between the wicket when it comes to judging runs.

And all our top and middle order players are the culprits

I think we have seen Kohli, Rohit, Rahane, Dhawan and Pandya all runnung blindly a lot.

Its sad that barring Dhoni no one seems to run with brain.

The quality batsmen we have had, they haven’t really improved this aspect of their game.

Running fast and running with proper judgement are two different things. And even though we have guys who can run fast, poor calls will often put us in trouble.

Our u19 guys, especially the openers were also extremely careless while running.

Its becoming a poor culture and surely something we can work on since it doesn’t need a whole lot of effort.

2 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

TBF there's been one common factor is most dodgy running for India - Kohli

Kohli does make bad calls and hence I put his name ahead since he is also the caltain but our openers run pathetically too.

its becoming a crazy culture you see.

People are getting fitter and running fast but you can’t be a good runner by being fast, you must husge how your partner runs also and if he can make it to th crease in time.

Today Pandya has a brainfade by himself. He could have easily gotten run out.  But these things are happening every 2nd game.

Judgement has been poor from all these guys. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Wtf is going on.

Rohit Sharma wasn’t at fault at any of them.

Both Kohli and Rahane messed it up big time.

Bad stuff.

Agree. For once, Rohit was not at fault in either one. He would have been run-out for sure if  he has responded to Kohli, 80% runout chance on Rahane's call. 

1 minute ago, kruiser said:

Agree. For once, Rohit was not at fault in either one. He would have been run-out for sure if  he has responded to Kohli, 80% runout chance on Rahane's call. 

In both the scenarios, there was danger end for both the batsman and the non striker and hence Rohit can’t be at fault as he said no right away on both the occasions when he was batting as well as he was on the non striker

I saw the Kohli/Rohit run out again.

I said earlier that Kohli was at fault. I have to say Rohit was equally at fault since I just saw that he too went off right after playing his shot.

Kohli is also surely at fault as he took off too immidiately before he saw Rohit, but Rohit too after the defense continued running and then after seeing a fielder approach, he stopped and sent Kohli back

Both Kohli and Rohit need to get basics right. In such quick runs you can’t even show that you want to run or else your partner will most likely get run out.

E4116A5C-3AB5-4760-8EDE-27F9ED5A87B0.gif

All in all our running judgement needs to be sorted