India an overrated team?

head coach

Is Indian an overrated cricket team like England soccer team? Cricket is a way of life in India. As they say in the advertiserment we eat and sleep cricket. As as fans we always expect our team to do really well. But over the years, we cannot deny the facts. Australia and South Africa are probablly the best cricket teams in the world. India has an excellent crop of players. But as we have seen when it comes to a final the pressure mounts on the player and they crumble. We have seen improvements in recent years but is it enough to rate it among the best 4?. Often times just before a major tournaments the stakes are too high and people expect a lot from their team. Are we expecting a lot from the team just before this world cup? Is it realistic to think that India is going to enter semifinal looking at the dismal performance at West Indies and SA in ODIs. You are welcome to agree and disagree...

Re: India an overrated team? come on paki's, just THINK about your team. EVEN Bangladesh would have scored more than 150 if they played 45+ overs. You guys are getting hammered, even with the dopies around. :lmao: :lmao: pakistan is the MOST overated team. India is always LEGIT in wins or looses, unlike our neighbors.

Re: India an overrated team?

come on pakistani's' date=' just THINK about your team. [b']EVEN Bangladesh would have scored more than 150 if they played 45+ overs. You guys are getting hammered, even with the dopies around. :lmao: :lmao: pakistan is the MOST overated team. India is always LEGIT in wins or looses, unlike our neighbors.
Missed you Mouni. Welcome back! Looks like back with a sledgehammer for more bashing :lol:

Is Indian an overrated cricket team like England soccer team?...
I've compared the two before and have no doubt whatsoever that India are the cricketing equivalent of England's football team. Are India overrated ? In a word, yes. The most overrated cricket team in the world, by a country mile.

come on pakistani's' date=' just THINK about your team. [b']EVEN Bangladesh would have scored more than 150 if they played 45+ overs. You guys are getting hammered, even with the dopies around. :lmao: :lmao: pakistan is the MOST overated team. India is always LEGIT in wins or looses, unlike our neighbors.
Missed you Mouni. Welcome back! Looks like back with a sledgehammer for more bashing :lol:
i know you missed me son, but i am always back, when my country needs me :shotgun:

We got to the final of the last WC. England football could only dream of such a thing. The comparison is crazy.
I think thats being harsh on the English football team. In footy you got brazil and their cricketing equivalent are Australia. But in footy you also got Germany, Italy, Argentina, France, Holland, etc. who are all 90% as good as Brazil. In cricket, you have Australia, then daylight, then the rest. I agree that indian team is overhyped. I think its partially because of the massive imbalance we have in our batting and bowliing resources, leading to unfair expectations from our batsmen. A lot of the times when comms go 'India batted poorly', i think 'well if India batted poorly after facing Pollock, Ntini, Nel and Steyn on pacy wickets, how exactly did South Africa do facing nobody-nobody-nobody-Kumble-nobody on the same pacy track and scoring 50 more ?!?'

Is Indian an overrated cricket team like England soccer team? ..
Overrated by whom? By its fans? Which country's fans do not rate their team? If they won't rate their team, they won't be interested! So the more pertinent question should be: Do you (who is not a fan of Indian cricket team) rate India? If yes, why? If no, why?

I sense that you have been trying very hard for the last few weeks so here let me make the following thing clear so that hoepfully you stop wasting your time and start doing your home work No matter how hard you try i am not going to get in to these tedious India/PAK debates.

Re: India an overrated team? if u look at the thread where people predicted possible semi finalists more than half are not expecting India to make it and the ones who have picked india its more out of hope than belief so are we overrated ? naah.. atleast not by people on this board. Cant talk about cricket followers who think afridi is better than mo yusuf or y khan.

Re: India an overrated team? 83 WC - winners.... 87 WC - semi-finalists.... 92 WC - rain robbed us.... but beat the champions handsomely... 96 WC - semi-finalists... 99 WC- Qtr finalists, but beat the finalist.... 03 WC - finalist and undefeated except by the winner. We were consistently the top 3 team since 83 WC.... why is it overhype??? why dont u pull out your beloved south africa's record.... lets compare....

83 WC - winners.... 87 WC - semi-finalists.... 92 WC - rain robbed us.... but beat the champions handsomely... 96 WC - semi-finalists... 99 WC- Qtr finalists, but beat the finalist.... 03 WC - finalist and undefeated except by the winner. We were consistently the top 3 team since 83 WC.... why is it overhype??? why dont u pull out your beloved south africa's record.... lets compare....
Gator, India has a good run in WCs but dont we rate teams based on performance for the whole year not just their performance in WC. The only question is whether Indian performance is only on paper? Aus/SA are two teams that are rated above India in ODI.

Is Indian an overrated cricket team like England soccer team?
Overrated by whom? Non-Indians do not rate India. Period. When was the last time you heard an Australian or a West Indian shaking in their boots with a "Oh man we are up against India?". There is a much bigger chance that you would launch cricinfo and read(from a Ponting to a Graeme Smith) saying, "We can not take India lightly". Same as what an Indian captain would say when we play Bangladesh I suppose. Indian team is vastly overrated(by their own fans) and has greatly underachieved. An all time Indian XI would not be amongst the top 5 of the world, Australia, England, West Indies, South Africa and Pakistan get that honours. xxxx

83 WC - winners.... 87 WC - semi-finalists.... 92 WC - rain robbed us.... but beat the champions handsomely... 96 WC - semi-finalists... 99 WC- Qtr finalists, but beat the finalist.... 03 WC - finalist and undefeated except by the winner. We were consistently the top 3 team since 83 WC.... why is it overhype??? why dont u pull out your beloved south africa's record.... lets compare....
:wtg: