Shami's run-up a problem, Bumrah needs to play county: Akram

saik

Some of us ,   @Mosher@Rightarmfast, and I  have been talking about this aspect ... and now Akram says it in the excerpt below.  And Bumrah has been using the delivery that straightens  and the one that seams away prominently, with regularity in the last 6 months.

"  If people are talking about not having an outswinger, I won't be bothered much.

"But if Bumrah can learn how to straighten the ball after pitching coming from wide off the crease, more often than not, it will be his wicket-taking delivery. He just needs to use a bit of wrists for that,  "

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Some of us ,   @Mosher@Rightarmfast, and I  have being talking about this aspect ... and now Akram says it in the excerpt below.  And Bumrah has been using the delivery that straightens  and the one that seams away prominently, with regularity in the last 6 months.

"  If people are talking about not having an outswinger, I won't be bothered much.

"But if Bumrah can learn how to straighten the ball after pitching coming from wide off the crease, more often than not, it will be his wicket-taking delivery. He just needs to use a bit of wrists for that,  "

Yes outswing bowlers are no.1 wicket taking bowlers in Tests. Why? Because most of them are righties, we often always have slips. All edges fly to slips. Dale steyn probably picked 75% of his wickets with his outswingers.

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes outswing bowlers are no.1 wicket taking bowlers in Tests. Why? Because most of them are righties, we often always have slips. All edges fly to slips. Dale steyn probably picked 75% of his wickets with his outswingers.

Problem is, the ball does not swing conventionally for that many overs.  ( England,  and to some extent NZ,  are the only exceptions )

Moat of the times, pacers have to depend on seam movement, pace, bounce and reverse swing to get wickets.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, Kohlifan said:

He is almost and Indian Citizen, Spends as much time in India as he spends in Pakistan.

i think he is as pakistani as any other pakistani, but he just wont talk bad of some random fast bowler or not give credit where it is due. He is seen quite involved in tutoring across the globe, its just the kind of guy he is, share his knowledge and observes with an intent to add value.

ok so Bhuv became more effective with increase in pace, Akram is saying this. So all trundler lovers look at that and internalise its a fact.

"Bhuvneshwar Kumar has been the most impressive pacer in South Africa as far as my assessment goes. He was getting the ball to swing both ways. And with increased pace now, he has become all the more effective," Akram said."

5 hours ago, speedheat said:

Wasim is such a likeable guy, we should cross all limits and hire him as a bowling coach, may be even give him Indian citizenship if he wants

Well, if I am not wrong, he has been hired unofficially many a times. Officially, he cannot be hired because of all the Pakistnai thingy and all.

TBH, I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but I personally would love to see an Indian batting coach like a Dravid coach Pakistani batsmen and have wasim and akhtar mentor our fast bowlers.

It would be fun to see the difference an Indian batting coach brings about in Pakistani batsmen, not just because we are better, also because of the language and because the Pakistani players these days are already in awe of us!

49 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Well, if I am not wrong, he has been hired unofficially many a times. Officially, he cannot be hired because of all the Pakistnai thingy and all.

TBH, I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but I personally would love to see an Indian batting coach like a Dravid coach Pakistani batsmen and have wasim and akhtar mentor our fast bowlers.

It would be fun to see the difference an Indian batting coach brings about in Pakistani batsmen, not just because we are better, also because of the language and because the Pakistani players these days are already in awe of us!

it could be dangerous - (not for the Indian coach :p: as they will work in Dubai) but all Aman related work from us backfires on our arse, it will be "Indians are coaching pak because of the money now they need pak monies, and Pak were always better bats as shown now, and Indians bowl well now only because we taught them how to do it."  :wp3: its their nature.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

it could be dangerous - (not for the Indian coach :p: as they will work in Dubai) but all Aman related work from us backfires on our arse, it will be "Indians are coaching pak because of the money now they need pak monies, and Pak were always better bats as shown now, and Indians bowl well now only because we taught them how to do it."  :wp3: its their nature.

lolz! u got a point there! :P

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. I know right. His run up is not fluid, not natural. It is almost like he spends lot of energy just to run to the crease compared to other bowlers. Bhuvi has a smoother run up. 

i guess shammi is 34 or so and has grown a bit fat...i used to bowl fast when i was 19 to 22 yrs after that i got busy working and then when i again got hold of a cricket bat was when i was 37 and i never tried Pace bowling as I had gained weight , when ever i did try to run and bowl i did get pace some times but full toss or just near the bat and one ball out of six was almost unplayable as hit the good length and i got bounce too but i realised i cant bowl as the runup/fitness /weight was not in order..i kinda see shammi gaining a bit of more weight which is not to my liking...fast bowling requires slim and flexible body and i think shammi has to get back his flexibility by reducing his weight a little and then i am not sure how good his knees are, if his kness are weak, he should be allowed to relax, it seems kohli has given up on his kness and is not considering him highly now, lets see if he is played in the next match.