Name the batsman?

goose

No batting records to speak of whatsoever...be it total runs, 100s, high score, average...nothing. How good must you be to be rated the second best of all time behind Bradman by Wisden in Dec 2002 with these stats? That is a massive call on a 29 year old and the whole world agreed.

No batting records to speak of whatsoever...be it total runs, 100s, high score, average...nothing. How good must you be to be rated the second best of all time behind Bradman by Wisden in Dec 2002 with these stats? That is a massive call on a 29 year old and the whole world agreed.

So why did all his fans made a big deal when same Wisden didn't feature any of his test innings in top 100.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

So why did all his fans made a big deal when same Wisden didn't feature any of his test innings in top 100.

oye lallu how do you know all his fans made a big deal, I and many other sachin fans don't need outside validation to prove sachin is GOD of cricket

20 minutes ago, goose said:

Hard to match Sachin in centuries for any Kohli or Smith since they came late to cricket compared to Tendulkar but thats not Tendulkar’s fault.

Tendulkar was so good from young age unlike Kohli or Smith that he made it to national side.

Kohli will break his ODI centuries record though but would be hard for both Smith and Kohli to do it in tests.

Legend Tendlya.

Hard to match Sachin in centuries for any Kohli or Smith since they c ame late to cricket compared to Tendulkar but thats not Tendulkar’s fault.

Tendulkar was so good from young age unlike Kohli or Smith that he made it to national side.

Kohli will break his ODI centuries record though but would be hard for both Smith and Kohli to do it in tests.

Legend Tendlya.

That is true but one cannot turn around and say he was so young or he had injuries when it comes to his shortcomings.

It took a decade for him to score test double hundred and he never scored 500 runs in a test series.

When you start as young as he did , it will have its drawbacks. As he had to to learn everything at international level. He was a genius and also hardworking so he could survive but he also had his share of drawbacks.

People get all worked up when someone like Kapil Dev points to his drawbacks.He never became the match winner to match his talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27 minutes ago, goose said:

Because he was just that good.  These latter day kids know not what they missed.   

I'm so glad I took the opportunity to go to England to watch him bat live - even though it was during a 0-4 pummeling.     Would have been a shame if I had only ever seen the greatest modern day batsman in cricket history, only on TV.  

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Because he was just that good.  These latter day kids know not what they missed.   

I'm so glad I took the opportunity to go to England to watch him bat live - even though it was during a 0-4 pummeling.     Would have been a shame if I had only ever seen the greatest modern day batsman in cricket history, only on TV.  

I saw him live in his farewell Test in Mumbai :p:.

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I saw him live in his farewell Test in Mumbai :p:.

Good for you buddy.  For some of us stuck in the US, live cricket is a difficult thing to pull off.  So far I've done ODIs in WI, tests in England and the T20 WC in Barbados.   Now that I'm in the grihasthAshram stage, hopefully I'll get more chances to do cricket travel.  Boxing day at the MCG with India touring is on the bucket list - has been since I watched Veeru tear the all-conquering Aussies a new one back in 2003.  

41 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is true but one cannot turn around and say he was so young or he had injuries when it comes to his shortcomings.

It took a decade for him to score test double hundred and he never scored 500 runs in a test series.

When you start as young as he did , it will have its drawbacks. As he had to to learn everything at international level. He was a genius and also hardworking so he could survive but he also had his share of drawbacks.

People get all worked up when someone like Kapil Dev points to his drawbacks.He never became the match winner to match his talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tendulkar lacked the ability to score daddy hundreds but he was damn good at scoring consistently in tests and hence that massive average he has over 20 years of cricket and so many centuries.

I don’t think there is a complete batsman than Tendulkar. He had his short comings like other legends but there never was a complete batsman who could play every kind of delivery like Tendulkar.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Good for you buddy.  For some of us stuck in the US, live cricket is a difficult thing to pull off.  So far I've done ODIs in WI, tests in England and the T20 WC in Barbados.   Now that I'm in the grihasthAshram stage, hopefully I'll get more chances to do cricket travel.  Boxing day at the MCG with India touring is on the bucket list - has been since I watched Veeru tear the all-conquering Aussies a new one back in 2003.  

I might be heading to MCG this year. Not sure but it is on my list before going to India.

Regarding Tendulkar, I saw him for the first time in person at the Kotla test, actually got see his practice session in 1999 during the Kumble Test match where jumbo took 10fer.

I was lucky enough to tell him all this again in person in 2016 in New york when we met each other in an elevator. I was holding his autobigraphy at that time which he signed.