Let Prithvi Shaw replace Rohit!

shortbread

It's a good idea. The boy is young but his confidence must be sky high right now. Fresh off an international tournament, scored successfully abroad, captained the side and won the world cup. Let's make use of this opportunity, he is everything Rohit wants to be.

As a RHB he will be complimentary to Dhawan. Also unlike Rohit's Leyland'esque strike rate, this boy is positive from the outset. He is fitter and a better fielder than the incumbent pretender we have at the moment (this is the first time I typed so much without using NoH!t).

The biggest benefit is that Prithvi has the thirst to prove himself on the big stage and does not rely on a triple century against Malibu or whatever to prolong his career. Cmon someone in BCCI must be thinking the same.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

No man. Rohit sharma despite all his joke of a batting in Tests is a necessary evil. Our problem is middle order. That is where we have a gigantic hole. 

I'm talking about ODIs. NoH!t will struggle in England as well during the World Cup. Even worse under pressure he will eat up balls as well and the whole team will suffer as a consequence. The guy lives off his minnow beating legacy.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

nothing wrong with his technique at all. But agree, its too early for him.

Shaw's  trigger movement while playing pacers is rather uncommon and many would say that it makes things more difficult for him in some ways.

He drags his back foot outside the leg stump before the ball is delivered ... as if he is trying to play inside out.  This makes it more difficult to reach channel deliveries and reduces the idea of one's off stump position.  Shaw is frequently seen playing and missing channel deliveries. Tackling round the wicket short balls maybe more difficult too.

P.S -  I am a great supporter of unorthodox techniques if they are yielding consistent results.  Steve Smith, Jasprit Bumrah , Sehwag are great examples.  

Shaw may turn out to be such a player too... and the rest of his game looks very good.

Edited by express bowling
15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shaw's  trigger movement while playing pacers is rather uncommon and many would say that it makes things more difficult for him in some ways.

He drags his back foot outside the leg stump before the ball is delivered ... as if he is trying to play inside out.  This makes it more difficult to reach channel deliveries and reduces the idea of one's off stump position.  Shaw is frequently seen playing and missing channel deliveries. Tackling round the wicket short balls maybe more difficult too.

P.S -  I am a great supporter of unorthodox techniques if they are yielding consistent results.  Steve Smith, Jasprit Bumrah , Sehwag are great example.  

Shaw may turn out to be such a player too... and the rest of his game looks very good.

Somebody was watching carefully ....well done 

He has to sort out  trigger movement quickly

35 minutes ago, express bowling said:

P.S -  I am a great supporter of unorthodox techniques if they are yielding consistent results.  Steve Smith, Jasprit Bumrah , Sehwag are great example.  

Yes he has that trigger movement . I am sure in 2 years time that trigger movement will be gone and changes 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Sehwag analogy is good ...Shaw to me if he succeeds will be the player like say a Sehwag or even Ganguly who will work around his limitations and figure out a way to score than someone who will fix flaws and become the complete batsman. Shaw has been scoring runs in domestics so I am judging him on that.

However he does have flaws like playing away from his body and fishing at deliveries when not required...for that he needs some time to understand his game. I mean a guy like Anderson or even Hazelwood will eat him up for breakfast,lunch and dinner all day at this stage.

I think he should be a little more seasoned.