India tour of South Africa 2018, Pink Day: 4th ODI at Johannesburg (D/N) - Feb 10th, 2018 - 16.30 IST

jalebi_bhai

Will India win their first ODI series in South Africa today?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will India win their first ODI series in South Africa today?

27750044_10155977635084351_4046864153351View-of-Wanderers-ground_2678593.jpg

NycYFRNlBocM9hb-yZHtOdAR3OQkT_waxuUmKCDx

After three excoriating experiences in the one-day series thus far, South Africa need any snippet of optimism they can find as they try to pick themselves up for the remaining three games against India. Fortunately for the hosts, they received the biggest boost they could hope for when it was confirmed that AB de Villiers has recovered from a finger injury and will take his place in the side for Saturday's (February 10) fourth ODI at the Wanderers.

In the two games since Faf du Plessis was ruled out by his own finger problem, South Africa have lacked an anchor in the middle order against the spin threat of Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav. "We've spoken a lot about how crucial partnerships are, and unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to put together partnerships," JP Duminy said after the heavy defeat at Newlands.

In truth Duminy had the opportunity to put together partnerships in the third ODI during the course of his 51, but was unable to construct anything greater than the second-wicket stand of 78 with Aiden Markram. There appears to be a lack of confidence among the batsmen, who look like a collection of individuals adrift at sea. The return of de Villiers might just be the life raft that they need to regather themselves into a batting unit.

Of course, they will also need to find ways of playing the spin twins better, but it will help a great deal if de Villiers - or one of the other senior batsmen - can take pressure off at one end.

Then there is the issue of Virat Kohli, who has made the Proteas attack look toothless. But South Africa know that they were close to dismissing him early in his innings in both Durban and Cape Town, and feel that if they can get past the Indian captain then they can test a middle order that is yet to be put under pressure.

That is the positive way of looking at the situation, anyway. Another plus-point is that South Africa have won all five Pink ODIs, and the occasion has often spurred them on to some of their best performances. They will need one if they are going to change the course of a series that has been embarrassingly one-sided up until now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team News

South Africa

AB de Villiers's return will add some authority to the middle order, and leave no space for Khaya Zondo. Morne Morkel could return after he was rested at Newlands - either in place of Kagiso Rabada or Lungi Ngidi. The selectors must then decide whether to give Tabraiz Shamsi an opportunity in place of Imran Tahir, who has failed to make an impact on the series thus far.

Probable XI: Aiden Markram (capt), Hashim Amla, JP Duminy, AB de Villiers, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen (wk), Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada/Lungi Ngidi, Morne Morkel, Imran Tahir.

India

With all of Virat Kohli's talk of maintaining their intensity, it looks highly unlikely that India will make any changes for this game.

Probable XI: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (capt), Ajinkya Rahane, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know?

- The average score batting first in day-night ODIs at the Wanderers in 11 games since 2007 is 234. In comparison, the average score batting first in day games during the same period in 334.

- Virat Kohli has four hundreds in his last six ODIs, and one of the innings that didn't yield a century was the unbeaten 46 at Centurion. But this is not even his best run of form - in early 2012 he made four hundreds in five innings. The run started in Hobart, and continued in Dhaka and Hambantota.

- AB de Villiers's record in pink ODIs is remarkable. In the five games to date he has struck 450 runs at an average of 112.5. The highlight was his record-shattering 149 off 44 balls against West Indies three years ago.

- Shikhar Dhawan will be playing his 100th ODI. His tally of 4200 runs is the highest by an Indian player after the first 99 ODIs in the career.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/100280/south-africa-vs-india-4th-odi-pink-odi-ab-de-villiers-virat-kohli

cricket-south-africa-centurion-india-201

Time to go 4-0 up :cheer::cheer: 

1 minute ago, kira said:

Jalebi bhai removed shy9's thread and replaced it with his own thread and now he's discussing jalebis in this thread instead of cricket #HugeInjusticetoShy9 :no:

There is a backstory regarding why @Shy9 is not allowed to open India match threads. Details don't have to be shared on the forum. 

Now back to cricket as you say.

51 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

No. Tried jalebi with vanilla ice cream and that was yum. I'll give it a shot though. 

44 minutes ago, kira said:

Jalebi bhai removed shy9's thread and replaced it with his own thread and now he's discussing jalebis in this thread instead of cricket #HugeInjusticetoShy9 :no:

Jalebi bai expect my 009 power pack  but no I think he is jalebi bhai

41 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

There is a backstory regarding why @Shy9 is not allowed to open India match threads. Details don't have to be shared on the forum. 

Now back to cricket as you say.

Okayed Bhai Lal Bahadur shree you can open all India thread on June 14 or all other Tri series 

In march involving India plus rest of  SOA series but I am very upset when my link dis_appear other than India Without reasons most time 

I post link in Chit chat on comedy clip gone now 

Edited by Shy9
34 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

Okayed Bhai Lal Bahadur shree you can open all India thread on June 14 or all other Tri series 

In march involving India plus rest of  SOA series but I am very upset when my link dis_appear other than India Without reasons most time 

I post link in Chit chat on comedy clip gone now 

Shy...you post almost all match threads,so it is fine if others get a chance to start India thread. 

Nothing to get upset about. 

Sometimes people think what they are posting is interesting but it is not so to others.Don't worry,it happens to others too,has happened to me too when I posted something thinking what I am posting is pretty interesting but it wasn't and no one responded.

You post a lot of threads and some of them do not make any sense and hence they may have been removed. 

Chill. Concentrate on quality rather than quantity.

A good thread on a message board is one which makes people want to post. Sometimes these involve serious cricket talk ,other times it involves some fun and banter. 

The bottom line is that a thread should  get posts from other members of the forum .

Try to make threads that interest people on the forum .