Jump to content
jalebi_bhai

India tour of South Africa 2018, Pink Day: 4th ODI at Johannesburg (D/N) - Feb 10th, 2018 - 16.30 IST

Will India win their first ODI series in South Africa today?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Will India win their first ODI series in South Africa today?



Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This is a 360 pitch if the full 50 overs are played.  Too bad tailunt gave it away again.   Its rare for us to get past 330 unless one of the openers gets a big one at 120 SR.   Virat is a machine but his optimal output ends up being in the 90-110 SR range.  Our 350+ totals are invariably powered by Rohit running rampant.  Its a bit of a major issue for us.   

 

 

This is a two paced pitch

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jalebi_bhai said:

Need 320+ here. Very good pitch for batting. Might be a bowling option light here. 

Nah man there's lot of bounce and even spinners will have their say ,250+ would be good for saf 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, WC2011INDIA said:

pitch report said the opposite. 

But pitch played different. Pitch report does not mean anything. You need check how it is playing. Their pitch report in second and third test is an evidence where pitch turned out completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, flamy said:

This is not patta

Yup ,no way it's a flat deck .saf should try out jpd and their bowlers should try out a cutters .fact is if they get both kohli and dhawan India will struggle to reach 240 ,same with saf and abdv 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This is a two paced pitch

I haven't been watching from the beginning.  And still walking around, getting breakfast etc. Could have missed something but from what I saw, it looked like a true pitch, lot of bounce, but 2 paced?  

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But pitch played different. Pitch report does not mean anything. You need check how it is playing. Their pitch report in second and third test is an evidence where pitch turned out completely different.

There is bounce in the pitch but the ball is coming to the bat too. Its even actually - runs to be made once you can get your eye in and always something for bowlers to trouble the batsman. 

 

South Africans have bowled bad to Dhawan - bowled a lot on the leg and he has been able to put the ball on fine leg position a lot.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I haven't been watching from the beginning.  And still walking around, getting breakfast etc. Could have missed something but from what I saw, it looked like a true pitch, lot of bounce, but 2 paced?  

Not exactly two paced - Genuine bounce but consistent, bit like gabba test wicket on certain days where it gets fast but you can still score runs. 

 

Runs will be made here once you can get your eye in but its not the easiest of pitvhes to start to score for a new batsman who has just come to the crease, since bounce is there for the bowler to trouble the batsman.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

What a flick shot. This guys is top player in ODI. Down the track and flick shot to a fast bowler is beautiful to watch.

One of favorite shots to watch and play.  All class that one.  

 

Looks like VK has recognized that this is a big-score wicket.   Walking down to pace frequently and going over the top.  I care less about W/L and more about whether India can put up a proper optimal score in our 300 deliveries.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

One of favorite shots to watch and play.  All class that one.  

 

Looks like VK has recognized that this is a big-score wicket.   Walking down to pace frequently and going over the top.  I care less about W/L and more about whether India can put up a proper optimal score in our 300 deliveries.  

Yes, on. 330 pitch even if we get 330, it will only add pressure on South Africans due to the expectations from the pitch.

 

Remember this is a PinkDay game which they are expected to win(due to their past record), so they are already under a bit of pressure to win this game.

 

 

Regarding the shot, AB himseld is another guy who plays the flick shot well down the track.

 

Hayden used to be another guy but he used to play more pull shot down the track than flick.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, sandeep said:

By this one inning logic, Fakhar Zaman is better than both.  

 

I love Veeru, and he is a legendary test opener, but he was average in ODIs.  Tried to to do too much hitting and got himself out way too often.  

Not one innings only. Sehwag has quite a few of these knocks! Sehwag s role was to get us off to a flyer. Not to consolidate I guess. And he was damn good at that. 

Share this post


Link to post

Man I don’t know but I love Morkel’s bowling. The guy puts in lot of hard work into his bowling. Especially in test matches where Steyn, Rabada and Philander have bowled more fuller to the batsman, Morkel has bent his back to bowl those short ones.

 

Bending your back consistently can fk your body up and Morkel has done it all his life.

 

You got to appreciate such bowlers, regardless of where they come from. One of my favorites from South Africa till date.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Man I don’t know but I love Morkel’s bowling. The guy puts in lot of hard work into his bowling. Especially in test matches where Steyn, Rabada and Philander have bowled more fuller to the batsman, Morkel has bent his back to bowl those short ones.

 

Bending your back consistently can fk your body up and Morkel has done it all his life.

 

You got to appreciate such bowlers, regardless of where they come from. One of my favorites from South Africa till date.

 

 

Fap in the bathroom

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Man I don’t know but I love Morkel’s bowling. The guy puts in lot of hard work into his bowling. Especially in test matches where Steyn, Rabada and Philander have bowled more fuller to the batsman, Morkel has bent his back to bowl those short ones.

 

Bending your back consistently can fk your body up and Morkel has done it all his life.

 

You got to appreciate such bowlers, regardless of where they come from. One of my favorites from South Africa till date.

 

 

k.

Share this post


Link to post

Man, so many boundary scored in last 10 overs...amazing...

on pattas like these only 4 fielder outside the circle till 40 overs is very harsh on bowlers though

Edited by Shunya

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×