North Indians making Goa another Haryana, says minister

Singh bling

6 times more people,six times more business,six times more garbage, six times more pressure on infrastructure.

Have you recruited more police to take care of law and order?

Have you invested more in workforce to clean up ?

Are you keeping up with the efforts mr minister?

Scum of the earth ?really? What are the russian mafia? How come you guys have no problems with those guys?

Are the russian mafia conforming to your standards mr. Minister?

The guy is talking like he does not belong to a third world country.

The same north Indians also visit other countries and help with the tourism there. Those countries put back some of the money earned from tourism back into improving the place.

Stop blaming others before doing your job.

Don't expect your place to look like singapore if you do not govern it like singapore.

Edited by beetle

He is way out of line because Goa depends on tourists, stupidity and arrogance to target fellow Indians when you have Israeli and Russian gangs establishing no go areas in parts of the state. 

But expect more such friction between the 2 sides of the Vindhyas. Northies who are employed down South should try to blend in when they come to Southern cities. May be learn a few words in the local language, appreciate their culture/architecture :adore:, talk good about their favourite movie stars etc. I have always done that in Hyderabad, Chennai and Bengaluru and trust me it always works. Even Chennai autorickshaw wallahs have refused to take money because I talked flatteringly about their favourite movie star or tried to converse in Tamil. Same with Telugu people but they are even more emotional, you be nice to them and they will treat you like your long lost brother. I have seen what many Northies do once they land here, not all but a sizable chunk. They act as if they own the place, refuse to learn 2 words in the local language, talk to locals rudely, make fun of local language/cuisine, whine, whine, whine..... The lack of respect and the bad manners many of the Northies have is cringeworthy, they may get away with this in Kolkata/Mumbai but down south, don't expect people to fall at your legs after you disrespect them. Compare the behaviour of Southies in north and contrast with the converse. I don't know a Southie in Bengal who doesn't know Hindi/Bengali, at least one language they will master.  Remember one thing, North will depend a lot on South for employment and economic opportunities because of demography and development trends, better to change rather than create trouble......Hindi imposition by Delhi coupled with bad manners can only mean more bad blood in the future. 

Edited by Gollum

hmm feel he has some legitimate points in a sense. But could have avoided using words like scum. Even cities like Barcelona have restricted tourism from the rest of Europe as the numbers were just too much. Indian population makes is hard even if you restrict things.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/27/barcelona-cracks-down-on-tourist-numbers-with-accommodation-law

I think more internal tourism to Goa comes from Mumbai metropolitan region and Bangalore. So North Indians are simply a soft target it seems everybody wants to hit.

Goa does need to target a new caliber of tourists. Even the international tourists are the backpacker types.  I think the rise of airbnb is also contributing to the problem. I doubt the airbnb hosts pay any taxes and the hotels suffer. I was told that groups of college students from Mumbai basically rent 2 airbnb bedrooms apartments for like 10 people for the week. About 2000 rupees a day. Come down to Goa via train. Your talking about highly affordable total trip. A single outing in Mumbai would probably cost more. Those kind of numbers are unsustainable. 

On the whole I am for restricting travel to certain areas. China has restricted access to Macau in terms of mainland tourists as the authorities would not be able to cope.

The rubbish thing is also accurate. Seen this first hand recently in India with my own relatives. Just littering in the streets. Especially when Modiji is making the swatch bharat a key initiative. There comes a time when the tourists really need to have some civic sense.

So if I was the Goan minister I would

(a) Ban AirBnb in the state. 

(b) Heavily fine people on the spot for littering. If they dont have cash take their wallets and watches

(c) Encourage family friendly travel

(d) Ban any sort of party after 11pm.

(e) Tax the crap out of alcohol.

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

if not for the north indians, who make up a large bulk of the armed forces, you would still be sucking portuguese dick. 

i must ask, are all sardesais idiots by birth? 

No need to appropriate the army bro. Army mein har state ke log hai. Goa has a huge Marathi and Konkani population. Coorg (Konkani people) regiment of Indian Army is one of the best regiments, they have made great sacrifices for India, the brave and ferocious Coorgi people also serve in other regiments. Our 1st Army chief, Field Marshall Cariappa was from Coorg, 5 star rank. Just because some idiot divisive politician spouts nonsense it will be unfair to lash out so harshly. And in Operation Vijay many local Goan civilians laid down their lives supporting the Indian cause, from 1900 onwards itself many Goans had launched the independence struggle, we know only about the culmination (Operation Vijay) but the seeds of separation were sown long time ago. I would even call the Goan independence struggle more praiseworthy because unlike the Brits who believed in justice system and were in general kinder to brown subjects the Portugese rulers were barbarians. The authorities and the Church forcefully converted many Goans to Christianity, conducted many massacres without trial and many local protest groups were butchered in cold blood......no different to what they did in South America where they annihilated the local culture. We must appreciate the resilience of Goans who didn't lose their culture to the barbaric rulers and desisted from violence when confronted by the gun. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

if not for the north indians, who make up a large bulk of the armed forces, you would still be sucking portuguese dick. 

i must ask, are all sardesais idiots by birth? 

That s a fallacy .

There was always a good representation from rest of the country . Marathas,mahaars ,madras ,assam etc .....some of the famous units 

These days there is even more representation  with more mixed units and if you combine the Airforce and the Navy,you will find that the country is pretty well represented from everywhere.

10 minutes ago, beetle said:

That s a fallacy .

There was always a good representation from rest of the country . Marathas,mahaars ,madras ,assam etc .....some of the famous units 

These days there is even more representation  with more mixed units and if you combine the Airforce and the Navy,you will find that the country is pretty well represented from everywhere.

major bulk historically comes from the north. UP, haryana and uttarakhand contribute most of the army's soldiers and also make up the largest share of its officer cadre. punjab has witnessed a downward trend over the years though. J and K is strong as ever but that makes sense due to the prevailing situation there. 

Northeast soldiers these days have been represented more lately.  with more stability there, I am pretty sure they will make up a large chunk of army in future

Edited by FischerTal

2 hours ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Abey nandu, you're a tourist state. You don't make anything on your own. 

What "culture" do you have? Goan culture = doing cheap drugs and banging Russian hookers while crappy rave music plays in the background.  

No ,drugs and raving  is a problem ,not the culture.

Yes drinking ( not for all) is a part of the culture like music and dance .

Unlike some parts of the country, most goans know how to drink and enjoy. They enjoy and let others enjoy. 

They don't drink and go raging or hunting for victims to rape on the roads like it is common in other parts .

If more Indians were like them,this would be a better country.

Edited by beetle