Ajay Jadeja as Cricket Pundit

I have always thought that Jadeja had great cricketing sense. Even as a captain. It is a pity his career got cut short with match fixing allegations.  As commentator, I find his analysis rather insightful and also unbiased. It is very difficult for Indian commentators not keep to sucking up to the team or board. Manju goes on another extreme by being overly critical. Ajay finds right balance and smartly criticises in a sly polite manner that will not get registered with our head honchos. 

One more interesting observation he made on inability to play spin in general including Indian side who are not as good as they used to. The culture of bowling machines and throw down have eliminated the art of watching the ball or the wrist. It is indeed true and makes perfect sense when you see a top class international team struggling like school boys against decent wrist spin. 

1 minute ago, ravishingravi said:

Reason I say that is because he acquitted by the courts. If the justice system acquits him who am I to say. 

Even azhar was acquitted, doesn't make him less guilty, the problem with courts is you need solid proof to prove someone guilty, he may have been able to find his way around the courts but it doesn't mean he wasn't guilty, there aren't even specific laws against match fixing in India. His name alongwith azhar's name was thrown around for a reason, there were many other players in the Indian, why weren't their names listed in the accused? Sachin tendulkar was a way bigger player than azhar and jadeja combined but you never heard any fixing rumours against sachin. There is no smoke without fire. Anyone who believes jadeja was innocent is very very naive

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

I have always thought that Jadeja had great cricketing sense. Even as a captain. It is a pity his career got cut short with match fixing allegations.  As commentator, I find his analysis rather insightful and also unbiased. It is very difficult for Indian commentators not keep to sucking up to the team or board. Manju goes on another extreme by being overly critical. Ajay finds right balance and smartly criticises in a sly polite manner that will not get registered with our head honchos. 

One more interesting observation he made on inability to play spin in general including Indian side who are not as good as they used to. The culture of bowling machines and throw down have eliminated the art of watching the ball or the wrist. It is indeed true and makes perfect sense when you see a top class international team struggling like school boys against decent wrist spin. 

I find him better as a studio analyst rather than commentator, but haven't heard him since the tour to West Indies as a commie.  

He is quite insightful, but tends to drift a bit during commentary.  I first saw him on the post-game analysis show in the Asia Cup, and he was very impressive back then.  

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

I find him better as a studio analyst rather than commentator, but haven't heard him since the tour to West Indies as a commie.  

He is quite insightful, but tends to drift a bit during commentary.  I first saw him on the post-game analysis show in the Asia Cup, and he was very impressive back then.  

Yup he is very as a studio analyst. Find him much more better than Manjrekar