Bumrah is the next world all time great bowler

lamellavig

I always look for pacers who combine pace / bounce with skills ... leading to all-condition wicket-taking ability.

Bumrah is one such pacer ...  Shami is the other such Indian pacer playing international cricket.   ( Some new pacers coming up too...  Saini the most ready ... Khaleel, Avesh the other ones ... Nagarkoti, Mavi the U19 guys )

Bumrah is a fast learner and bowls with tremendous intensity in test matches.  Has the ability to get steep bounce on most tracks with high pace, seam movement and accuracy. Has a good bouncer, yorker and slower ball. Can intimidate batters.  Has developed the ability to seam the ball away from the right-handers in the last 6 months. Most importantly, looks hungry for success.

If he can stay fit, he will be a top international pacer.

But needs to be rested from bilateral T20Is to manage his workload.

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, Ellipsism said:

Nah, first tell me what he possesses that makes him an ATG candidate.

Control over line and length, metronomic stuff, just general completeness. Line, length, pace, control stamina, mental fortitude, everything. Tell me what he is missing (in potential). Remember, he has definite potential to be ATG candidate. 

In other words, nothing in his career so far rules him out. 

Edited by lamellavig
10 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Nah, first tell me what he possesses that makes him an ATG candidate.

High pace, bounce, accuracy, stamina, seam movement both ways, reverse swing, great yorkers, bouncers, slower balls ... ability to learn quickly, high intensity, will to succeed ... resulting in low averages and SRs in all 3 formats 

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Control over line and length, metronomic stuff, just general completeness. Line, length, pace, control stamina, mental fortitude, everything. Tell me what he is missing (in potential). Remember, he has definite potential to be ATG candidate. 

In other words, nothing in his career so far rules him out. 

I’ll be the first one to admit I haven’t seen too much of Bumrah apart from the CT final and when he played his debut series here in Aus. From the snippets I’ve seen he can’t swing the ball away nor seam it (correct me if I’m wrong). 

He’s a world class bowler but it ends right there. He doesn’t have the skill nor aura of a Rabada, Starc etc.

What makes the likes of KG special is that they skills we haven’t seen since the 90’s. In Rabada’s case he can reverse the ball at 90 mph+ from both sides of the wicket, we haven’t seen that since prime Wasim. 

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

High pace, bounce, accuracy, stamina, seam movement both ways, reverse swing, great yorkers, bouncers, slower balls ... ability to learn quickly, high intensity, will to succeed ... resulting in low averages and SRs in all 3 formats 

You have any clips of Bumrah seaming the ball?

I’ll be the first one to admit I haven’t seen too much of Bumrah apart from the CT final and when he played his debut series here in Aus. From the snippets I’ve seen he can’t swing the ball away nor seam it (correct me if I’m wrong). 

He’s a world class bowler but it ends right there. He doesn’t have the skill nor aura of a Rabada, Starc etc.

What makes the likes of KG special is that they skills we haven’t seen since the 90’s. In Rabada’s case he can reverse the ball at 90 mph+ from both sides of the wicket, we haven’t seen that since prime Wasim. 

He can seam and swing. You talk about aura and skill, but Bumrah is a philosopher. He is an intellectual. He only cares about taking your wicket. Curtley Ambrose was the most spectacular bowler ever. There have been many spectacular bowlers.

Like I say, Bumrah cares about taking your wicket. Cheaply. Also analyse his bowling averages throughout the game. 

Just now, Ellipsism said:

I’ll belive it when I see it.

the fact is he’s not even in the list of top 5 fast bowlers going around in in the world, heck it’s debate whether he’s even the best fast bowler in Asia.

Whether you have seen it or not does not matter. He seams the ball, and you just don't watch him enough.

For me, he is the best and most accurate bowler in the world. Give any bowler 25 overs on any pitch, he would be my pick to pick up most wickets at lowest average. You can argue about his skill, but he has the most talent to pick up the most wickets at the lowest average.

That's how I decide who the best bowler in the world is. 

2 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Whether you have seen it or not does not matter. He seams the ball, and you just don't watch him enough.

For me, he is the best and most accurate bowler in the world. Give any bowler 25 overs on any pitch, he would be my pick to pick up most wickets at lowest average. You can argue about his skill, but he has the most talent to pick up the most wickets at the lowest average.

That's how I decide who the best bowler in the world is. 

Starc, Boult, Rabada, Cummins, Hazlewood etc. are all better than Bumrah. He isn’t the most accurate bowler in the world, that title belongs to Hazlewood.

Again like I said it’s debatable whether he is even the best fast bowler Asia, let alone the world.

Jasprit Bumrah averages 30.41 at an ER of 5.21 in ODI’s against Aus, Eng, NZ, Pak and SA

Hasan averages 25.33 at an ER of 6 against Aus, Eng, India, NZ and SA (bearing in mind he’s played all these teams away from home)

Just now, Ellipsism said:

Starc, Boult, Rabada, Cummins, Hazlewood etc. are all better than Bumrah. He isn’t the most accurate bowler in the world, that title belongs to Hazlewood.

Again like I said it’s debatable whether he is even the best fast bowler Asia, let alone the world.

Jasprit Bumrah averages 30.41 at an ER of 5.21 in ODI’s against Aus, Eng, NZ, Pak and SA

Hasan averages 25.33 at an ER of 6 against Aus, Eng, India, NZ and SA (bearing in mind he’s played all these teams away from home)

And in those games at home, all the teams scored 350+. That itself is an explanation. Bumrah plays at home on flat tracks, hasan play on slightly less flat tracks away from home. 

7 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

I’ll belive it when I see it.

Who  cares about what you beleive !   We are discussing facts here.  

7 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

the fact is he’s not even in the list of top 5 fast bowlers going around in in the world, heck it’s debate whether he’s even the best fast bowler in Asia.

Ranked 3rd in ODIs and 4th in T20Is as a bowler.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/page/211270.html

Just debuted in test and picked 14 wickets in 3 tests averaging 25.

Hazelwood tends to bowl loose bowls. Bumrah is constantly in the corridor of uncertainty, even more than Hazlewood. You will see Hazlewood offering boundary balls. Bumrah simply does not do that.

There is no other way to explain this. Bumrah is simply more accurate.