rkt.india

5th ODI (D/N), India tour of South Africa at Port Elizabeth, Feb 13 2018

Suddenly South Africa have something to play for.

After three matches of one-way traffic and few answers to India's wristspinners, South Africa were staring at 6-0. But a change of outfit was as good as a new gameplan for them. In pink, at the Wanderers, South Africa chased a target of 202 inside 28 overs, which required them to score at more than seven runs to the over. They took more than half those runs off Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal, giving the pair only three wickets. That will have boosted the hosts' confidence ahead of two must-win games to share the trophy.

Crucially, South Africa's runs did not come from one person and most of them came from the two people who had a lot to prove. David Millershowed much-needed big-match temperament, Heinrich Klaasenjustified his selection and Andile Phehlukwayo put on another fine finishing effort. South Africa's next challenge will be to prove it was not a one-off. Can they pull back India's line-up again? And can they tame India's spinners once again?

India were slightly guilty of taking their foot off the gas with the knowledge they cannot lose the series. After Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli gave the team a strong start, the rest of the line-up all but fell away and lost five wickets for 76 runs. They will want more from their middle-order as they aim to close out the series before they get to the final fixture in Centurion.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18065/preview/1122283/

Thanks for opening the thread 

god will bless you but India never Even scores 200 as many as 5 times in ODI here 

including  70 runs defeats vs Kenya yes India never win here lost 5 games 

good Luck MS for 46 more for your milestone of 10000.i doubt if he can reach 46 unless India loose too many by 24th over 

I predicts Imran Tahir not only play the game but takes 3 or more wicket 

Edited by Shy9

This ODI series has suddenly gained some relevance when South Africa dramatically thrashed India without much support of ABD. I think both the teams are going to come out hard and probably South Africa might show more confidence while playing wrist spin this time. Chahal and Kuldeep did a great job in the 1st ODI and since then, they have been feeding a lot on South Africa's lack of confidence. I don't intend to take any credits from the wrist spinners but the fact is that they have gained wickets even from mediocre balls as well.

ABD's return was a huge morale booster for the Saffas, and I think that even ABD is due a good knock because he looked really good in the 4th ODI, although he got out early. That is why, this ODI is all the more important because if ABD fires, India will have no option but to succumb to his mercy. 

It would be interesting to see whether Rohit Sharma does well this time, as far as my opinion is concerned, I would have dropped him for this ODI and promote Shreyas Iyer up the order, this will make Manish Pandey an automatic choice of a position in the middle order. This is by far the most crucial ODI of this series.

16 minutes ago, Mosher said:

One more ODI to go. Game starts at 4.30.

If you wants to kill time go to 

1 Afghanistan tv at 4 pm ONLINE 

than quickly hit YouTube in your Right or Left for English commentary 

make sure to return near your tv by 4.32 pm if India bats 

I never watch ball by ball if SOA bats.

40 minutes ago, beetle said:

Is it the last one or the second last?

What time?

Shami should play in place of bhuvi.

Get rahane to open in place of Rohit and play pandey .

Rahane I think is better suited at No.4, Shreyas Iyer should be the one going up.

What do you say?

Edited by Prateek3801

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Rohit struggles fast incoming deliveries due to high bat lift. Sometimes I wonder what the coaches jobs are?

He's been playing International cricket for TEN YEARS! No point in still blaming the coaches, NoH!t must be able to realize by now!

Guest, sign in to access all features.