rkt.india

5th ODI (D/N), India tour of South Africa at Port Elizabeth, Feb 13 2018

Did Africa got scared of Shammi,bhuvi and bumrah and purposefully not prepare fast tracks as they knew bhuvi shammi and bumrah are demons if the pitch seems and is green.

But they ended up being humiliated and made fun of by wrist spinners of India.

All countries have at least one wrist spinner who is never played in the eleven but now countries like Lanka Afghanistan can also beat Africa as they have at least one or even two good spinner or wrist spinner. African batsman..if they loose 5-1..it will be clear that even their top batsman can't play good spinners or wrist spinners.

I am worried what will happen if kohli decides to play Axar too as Axar also is not too bad and is tuf to read.

22 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Did Africa got scared of Shammi,bhuvi and bumrah and purposefully not prepare fast tracks as they knew bhuvi shammi and bumrah are demons if the pitch seems and is green.

But they ended up being humiliated and made fun of by wrist spinners of India.

All countries have at least one wrist spinner who is never played in the eleven but now countries like Lanka Afghanistan can also beat Africa as they have at least one or even two good spinner or wrist spinner. African batsman..if they loose 5-1..it will be clear that even their top batsman can't play good spinners or wrist spinners.

I am worried what will happen if kohli decides to play Axar too as Axar also is not too bad and is tuf to read.

I think ODI tracks are rarely bowler friendly in SA. It is bad for commercials. They didn’t expect themselves to be this bad against wrist spin.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think ODI tracks are rarely bowler friendly in SA. It is bad for commercials. They didn’t expect themselves to be this bad against wrist spin.

india may have at least 10 spinners who could have destroyed Africa on these tracks not just these two wrist Spinners, even jadeja and ashwin would have also been able to do some damage , there is one more guy who is as damaging as these two wrist spinners called Amit Mishra. 

rahul chahar is also there and there is one more fastish leg spinner ( i m missing his name), its not that kuldeep and chahal are way better than them. 

This is a weekness which australia may also think of exploiting.

ONe more point is Divilliers gift packing his wickets against an average 136k out going ball of hardik...kinda as if he wanted to keep kohli happy. even in the previous match he was going berserk and lost his wicket, africa was lucky that some tailenders could score some runs.

i was expecting a 3-3 result and great fight from africans specially after 2-1 test win.

now i am thinking we should have beaten them 2-1 in test matches too.

if we beat them 5-1 in the odi series , it will not be just Series WIN, it would be serious humiliation, completely outplaying africa and making them feel that they are weaklings like we made srilankans feel like.

i saw markaram speaking yesterday and he was looking equally down as the srilankan skippers looked when they lost all matches against India. africans enjoyed the sole win in odi as if they had won the series , they looked desperate for the win and looked as if they win as a SHOCK to them selves, they did not carry themselves as winners.

FAF has been seriously missed by this team , african team looks truly weak without him.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Raina is a sitting duck on these bouncy pitches

i kinda agree to your statement but i feel RAINA knows that all teams in the world know that his weakness is bouncers and hence i saw him playing better against bouncers in a few matches and i would like to believe that he may have sorted that issue out.

even dhawan had a bouncer issue but still dhawan has kinda sorted that out even yesterday he made some 35 odd runs over 24 odd balls which is fairly good as he scored pretty fast and he played all bouncers well, even the best of batsman some times cant put the bouncer down specially if its morkel( 7ft guy) 's bouncer. its not humanly possibly to put the 6ft height at throat down at 144k, some times the same shot gets into the hands of a fielder and some times goes for a 4 or 6.

dhawan is kinda reliable and raina is a gamble of dice, its a 50:50 chance if it is favourable africa will be demolished single handedly by raina , even a quick 50 will turn the match in our favour as raina's 50 is in 30 balls.

some times africans do get the wicket on the bouncer but till then the batsman ends up scoring 40 to 50 runs and the game is already turned. too much of bounce makes it too obvious and the batsman knows that its his weakness but he is so much ready to face the bouncer.

\ganguly was so bad against a bouncer but still he did manage to play it out as all started doing it too much.bouncer is effective if its a surprise once in 6 balls and aimed on the face.

5 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

india may have at least 10 spinners who could have destroyed Africa on these tracks not just these two wrist Spinners, even jadeja and ashwin would have also been able to do some damage , there is one more guy who is as damaging as these two wrist spinners called Amit Mishra. 

rahul chahar is also there and there is one more fastish leg spinner ( i m missing his name), its not that kuldeep and chahal are way better than them. 

This is a weekness which australia may also think of exploiting.

ONe more point is Divilliers gift packing his wickets against an average 136k out going ball of hardik...kinda as if he wanted to keep kohli happy. even in the previous match he was going berserk and lost his wicket, africa was lucky that some tailenders could score some runs.

ABDV does this even for Rcb. He plays one great knock followed by few poor innings where he should step up.

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i kinda agree to your statement but i feel RAINA knows that all teams in the world know that his weakness is bouncers and hence i saw him playing better against bouncers in a few matches and i would like to believe that he may have sorted that issue out.

When ???? where

even dhawan had a bouncer issue but still dhawan has kinda sorted that out even yesterday he made some 35 odd runs over 24 odd balls which is fairly good as he scored pretty fast and he played all bouncers well, even the best of batsman some times cant put the bouncer down specially if its morkel( 7ft guy) 's bouncer. its not humanly possibly to put the 6ft height at throat down at 144k, some times the same shot gets into the hands of a fielder and some times goes for a 4 or 6.

Dhawan is mentally tough and many have bouncer issue coz they knw how to tackle that one ball

With raina it has affected him so much that the anticipation of bounces has gotten him yorked so many times coz he is on backfoot

dhawan is kinda reliable and raina is a gamble of dice, its a 50:50 chance if it is favourable africa will be demolished single handedly by raina , even a quick 50 will turn the match in our favour as raina's 50 is in 30 balls.

Enough chances have been given to raina n he has been poor so he was dropped

Thats 50 was becoming rare or against week opposition only

some times africans do get the wicket on the bouncer but till then the batsman ends up scoring 40 to 50 runs and the game is already turned. too much of bounce makes it too obvious and the batsman knows that its his weakness but he is so much ready to face the bouncer.

\ganguly was so bad against a bouncer but still he did manage to play it out as all started doing it too much.bouncer is effective if its a surprise once in 6 balls and aimed on the face.

Diff mental strength, even steve waugh wasnt that good doesnt mean raina is like them

shardul is bowling at pace on the nets and he should get a match tommorow, i am sure if he plays tommorow , he will create some serious Impact. i have picked him as my bowler too in the predictor.

he can bowl as fast as Bumrah and has a very pacy Bouncer. i am sure of his Success if he gets to play tommorow ahead of BHuvi.

Guest, sign in to access all features.