• Announcements

• Trichromatic

IPL forum is open now   01/29/2018

Discuss about IPL at http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/forum/19-ipl-forum/
Cricketics

Kohli becomes first Indian captain to win a series in South Africa

44 minutes ago, maniac said:

@dandaroy wrong timing to cancel willow tv :((

You missed a historic series win

(I don’t think so though :giggle:)

I did not even watch the highlights. At least not yet. No willow though. However, good achievement, first time after CB series in Aus in 2008, no?

20 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

I did not even watch the highlights. At least not yet. No willow though. However, good achievement, first time after CB series in Aus in 2008, no?

Yes first ODI series win in one of these countries overseas since that unless you want to count Champions trophy  2013.

24 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes first ODI series win in one of these countries overseas since that unless you want to count Champions trophy  2013.

Yeah, I was not counting ODI tournament, just overseas ODI series in Aus, SA, NZ or Eng.

Its not really the series win by itself, but the domination. Every single game was incredibly one-sided. If it wasn't for the rain, they would have lost the 'pink ODI' as well.

No team has ever destroyed south africa in south africa like this.

India made a very good South african team look like minnows, gave South africa their biggest ever loss, and this will be their worst ever series defeat if they lose 1-5.

If you're wondering how difficult it is to win a series in SA:

Only one other team in history has beaten SA 1-5 at home, and that was Austraya in 2001/02:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/Ci/engine/series/61104.html

Not the best south african side, Graeme Smith, McKenzie, Dipennaar early in their career. They couldn't compete with the "golden generation" of austrayan cricket.

They won most of the series they've played at home, and often by big margins:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/team/series_results.html?class=2;id=3;type=team

Exceptions: Austraya beat them 1-5 in 2002, Pakistan won a 3 match series in 2013, England won a 3 match series in 2009/10.

Then you have to go back to 1996/97, when Austraya won 3-4. And then a triangular series loss to West Indies in 1992/93.

Austraya winning in SA doesn't mean anything, its the same conditions. But even if you count those series, you can see how incredibly rare it is for teams to win here, that's a handful of losses in 25 years of cricket.

South africa were the real home track bullies, even India doesn't have a record this good at home.

Edited by BeardedAladdin

Lol. Pakistanis taking solace in their flukish 2-1 win in 2013. SA got bored of whooping their candy ass through out the year. SA beat Pak 9 times and lost only 5 matches that year. Sa defeated Pak 3-2 in SA in march 2013, then beat them in Champions trophy 2013 in England.

Infact in the very same month of November that Pak won their 2-1 series in SA, they lost to SA 4-1 in Uae.

So in nine months alone Pak lost 9 matches out of 14 even after including their 2-1 win.

First of all I must congrats team India and Kohli the way they played absolutely marvelous. :hatsoff: To be honest I feel sorry for SA what a side in the past who is not easy to be beaten anywhere in the world but ultimately become more depleted underdog side :((. Kohli knew that this was the opportunity ever they got to beat SA in SA, since fragile SA team they have. So he mastered his troops for a victory and history renamed finally.

9 hours ago, Lala said:

First of all I must congrats team India and Kohli the way they played absolutely marvelous. :hatsoff: To be honest I feel sorry for SA what a side in the past who is not easy to be beaten anywhere in the world but ultimately become more depleted underdog side :((. Kohli knew that this was the opportunity ever they got to beat SA in SA, since fragile SA team they have. So he mastered his troops for a victory and history renamed finally.

That is not true, Indian team has made SA look bad, they will be invincible against all other sides in SA.They were on 17 game winning streak at home.

Mille was hammering everyone else so was dekock. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Guest, sign in to access all features.