MS Dhoni’s strike rate a big concern, says Krishnamachari Srikkanth

saik

MS Dhoni is turning out to be a somewhat a liability to the team, he take a lot of balls settle down, his consistency has gone down and  could not play the role of finisher in a convincing way. But the fact is, that he will be kept in the team till 2019 World Cup. I would have loved to give Pant a chance in place of him.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Will do later today.

I would prefer to see his downfall (if it's there) in the last two years.  

Your original list, while well researched, goes back to 2009 which is meaningless as

1. The debate is about his recent declining form

2. Stats from that period can be totally discarded as they can be attributed to temporary blips in form (He did help us win 2011 WC)

Therefore, IMO, only stats from preferably Jan 2017 will give us a clue as to his successes and failures.

44 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why do no media come out and say he is well past it now . Drop his fat chubby arse . 

Why not a peep peep from anyone sayjng drop and axe him ? 

They praise how he does not get out despite getting hit on the body and keeps his wicket intact.  they were saying youngsters must learn this from him, but they forgot that due to his slow batting, others take risks and lose their wickets.

34 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Sad part is none of our selectors have the guts to drop him. We will have to tolerate him till wc2019. Question is how to turn that liability into asset. May be promote him to No.4 and hope he scores at run a ball or gets out cheaply without wasting too many deliveries . There is nothing else we can do.

I genuinely think selectors , coach and skipper are powelesss in dhoni regard . They can’t drop him , basically bcci won’t allow it or something. 

Sad 

21 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I would prefer to see his downfall (if it's there) in the last two years.  

Your original list, while well researched, goes back to 2009 which is meaningless as

1. The debate is about his recent declining form

2. Stats from that period can be totally discarded as they can be attributed to temporary blips in form (He did help us win 2011 WC)

Therefore, IMO, only stats from preferably Jan 2017 will give us a clue as to his successes and failures.

The list was originally shared as a part of a different discussion to show how he had repeatedly cost us games in T20Is going back to 2009. Can't attribute any of those performances to a loss of form or any blip as he has been consistently poor since the 2007 WT20 without being the standout performer in any of our wins. I'd put up the list of ODIs later which should cover the recent losses in that format.

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

The list was originally shared as a part of a different discussion to show how he had repeatedly cost us games in T20Is going back to 2009. Can't attribute any of those performances to a loss of form or any blip as he has been consistently poor since the 2007 WT20 without being the standout performer in any of our wins. I'd put up the list of ODIs later which should cover the recent losses in that format.

blame the selectors :p:

not the players who got picked and forced to play