Bhuvneswar Kumar averages 100 in this ODI series

they were going after Shastri and Kohli for benching him for second test which was played under similar conditions. Bhuvi is strictly a bowler  like Ashwin and jadeja dependent on conditions.If condition suit him he becomes India's best fast bowler otherwise he is not effective.

Edited by putrevus
2 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Bhuvi clearly burnt out, smart posters predicted this. Kohli would have left him out to rest but for butt hurt backlash he received last time. 

Bhuvi isn't burnt out. He has had issues picking wickets right from the start of career. ODI pitches are not spicy enough to suit his bowling. He can at the most be economical.

29 minutes ago, Vilander said:

no dude Bhuvi should be rested and Shami replace him as Bhuv is not doing well. Chahal and Kuldeep play on to ensure India wins basically. This should be done to make bowling stronger.

You have your opinion, I have mine. 

I think we can still beat SA easy with Pandey and Axar coming in for Kohli and Chahal.  And that would be an even bigger slap in the saffer faces.

14 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Bhuvi isn't burnt out. He has had issues picking wickets right from the start of career. ODI pitches are not spicy enough to suit his bowling. He can at the most be economical.

No, post champions trophy his wicket taking ability was very good and Aussies, NZ and lankans couldn't play him. His bowling was even good in CT just unlucky not to pick up more wickets. I'm taking about post dharmasala test vs Australia version of Bhuvi (who developed pace, bounce and move the ball both ways. not the one who debuted against Pak. Steve smith even said Bhuvi one of best death bowlers around (key skill in LOI bowling) 

Yes, hasn't bowled the tight lines in the first powerplay as he usually can. Served some freebies to Amla/Markram. 

I think Shami and/or Shardul will replace Bhuvi and/or Bumrah so let's see how it goes. Shami can take early wickets but if he doesn't (and SA can work past the wristies) our bowlers will go for plenty in the last 10. The only match in the Australia series where Shami and Umesh played, that's what happened - Aus ended up with 330+ and we lost the match. Really hope Shami can develop his death-overs bowling. Will be great if we have a pool of 4-5 fast bowlers can bowl well upfront as well as towards the end.

22 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

in this series... its 6

In this series, Morkel averages 82 and Rabada averages 48.   Yes, he's had a bad series. But I don't think its accurate to use his statistics to conclude that he is reverting to his performances of 3-4 years ago.   Bhuvi has been a very good ODI bowler for us, 80% of the time in the last couple of years.   I think a lot of people are forgetting the kind of beatings that most teams used to dish out to us in the "death" overs - regularly.  The Killer Bs have completely flipped that script for us in the last couple of years.  And as awesome as Bumrah is, Bhuvi's played his part in that improvement as well.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

In this series, Morkel averages 82 and Rabada averages 48.   Yes, he's had a bad series. But I don't think its accurate to use his statistics to conclude that he is reverting to his performances of 3-4 years ago.   Bhuvi has been a very good ODI bowler for us, 80% of the time in the last couple of years.   I think a lot of people are forgetting the kind of beatings that most teams used to dish out to us in the "death" overs - regularly.  The Killer Bs have completely flipped that script for us in the last couple of years.  And as awesome as Bumrah is, Bhuvi's played his part in that improvement as well.  

My concern would be that his death bowling has improved at the expense of his ability to pick wkts in the opening spell.

33 minutes ago, sandeep said:

And what makes you come to this counter-intuitive conclusion?

It's not really a conclusion - more of an impression, and the reason I said this was because I don't recall many instances of Bhuvi picking up wkts in the opening spell. Will need to go look at the stats in more detail to confirm/debunk it.

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Shami has to replace Bhuvi.....as I said Kung FU Pandya is messing up our balance...basic cricket sense...3 good seamers is a must...But this apparent X factor of Pandya means Bhuvi has to sit out as Shami is leagues ahead in this format.

Shami is not as good an ODI  bowler as people in this thread have made him out to be. Though I hope he does well, I suspect he will go for plenty in the last ODI. We need a bigger pool of fast bowlers for ODIs and T20s.