Ishan Kishan vs Rishabh Pant- who will make it?

maniac

Kishan or Pant?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have a better career

Just now, UnknownGenius said:

Wridhiman Saha - CSK unearthed - #1 keeper for #1 test team

Pappu patel - CSK trained and tested - Now winning ranji trophies, always on the lookout from team India, helping Bambis to IPL title

Which other keeper have they killed? Again wrong with facts...:facepalm:

Saha unearthed by CSK :hysterical: ok man....craving for some curd rice and sambhar after that post 

6 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Still waiting

WHich keeper career has CSK killed? Again talking out of ass. Cricket acumen lacking... :giggle:

The very fact that Dhoni is still continuing for T20I based on some CSK hype is not a good enough proof for you....perfect username...hope your genius remains unknown.

1 minute ago, UnknownGenius said:

From this:

I asked him to name a few careers CSK killed. maniac couldn't so he went to this:

Strawman....

Better luck next time. Brush up on your cricket knowledge and acumen (severely lacking) and then come back...:laugh1:

:bow:

Dude who are you??? I think I am having blackouts so maybe  posting with an alternate ID :giggle:

bizzaro superman type scenario

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Personally want both to succeed.like them both 

Seen both and both are impressive and incredibly talented.

For some reason Kishan comes across as someone who has a better temperament than Pant.

On the other hand Pant seems like the guy who can take even the best attacks to task.

Early on I thought Kishan was the better keeper and Pant the better batsman but Pant has improved his keeping and Kishan his batting.

I hope we don’t see a Dhoni vs Karthik type scenario here were 2 incredible talents, one went on to achieve great success and the other still trying to establish himself after 12 years.

Obviously we all want both to do well and kick out some deadwood but if you had to pick one who would it be?

Love Pant but something tells me Ishan has the temperament which is half the battle won.

Dhoni was probably an "incredible talent" but nothing I saw of Karthik made me think he was an "incredible talent". I would say that neither Pant nor Kishan are the finished article at this stage. Pant for instance has not figured out how to construct an innings in the middle order in List A, and he also had a poor FC season this time - a remedy against this could be to open like Kishan is doing. As for Kishan, he is having a fine List A season now and I hope he will continue on this path. Note that I am not discussing Test format here.

As for List A, there are plenty of domestic keepers with decent records but that means nothing. I do not see any bright candidates on the horizon, although Delhi has a 16-yr old keeper who is allegedly very good (I forget his name - begins with J).

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

Dhoni was probably an "incredible talent" but nothing I saw of Karthik made me think he was an "incredible talent". I would say that neither Pant nor Kishan are the finished article at this stage. Pant for instance has not figured out how to construct an innings in the middle order in List A, and he also had a poor FC season this time - a remedy against this could be to open like Kishan is doing. As for Kishan, he is having a fine List A season now and I hope he will continue on this path. Note that I am not discussing Test format here.

As for List A, there are plenty of domestic keepers with decent records but that means nothing. I do not see any bright candidates on the horizon, although Delhi has a 16-yr old keeper who is allegedly very good (I forget his name - begins with J).

Karthik was very talented as well...he looked very assured at the crease against pace bowling and also looked very athletic behind the stumps even though he dropped dollies, he used to take some blinders.

IIRC Greg Chappell called him the next Indian captain.

coming to Pant and Kishan, you will never know who is a finished product in domestics...while bringing someone directly from U-19 is not advisable...2 seasons of IPL and 2-3 full domestic seasons is good enough to fast track them.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Samson does keep both in Ranji as well as t20 and one day for Kerala. Keep an eye on baroda 19 year old wk bat Urvil Patel as well.

Nice....anyway who would you pick among these 2?

if Samson is as good as these 2 with the gloves, I think batting talent wise he is better  than them atleast from what I saw so far.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Nice....anyway who would you pick among these 2?

if Samson is as good as these 2 with the gloves, I think batting talent wise he is better  than them atleast from what I saw so far.

It will depend on which position you play them. We want a hitter at 6 then Pant.

9 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

Pant was far ahead of Kishan in u19 but he seems to have not progressed as much. Kishan seems to have developed very well. Don't know about his keeping though where Pant has improved a lot more

kishan had a bad world cup....Kishan made some big runs on difficult pitches for jharkand even before the world cup...