I was dropped despite performance: Suresh Raina

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that was 2009, his weekness wasnt even exposed

2011- again his weekness was not fully exposed

Aus game had a lot of dew

Against pak he attacked mostly ajmal

In 2015Wc against pak, misbah was idiot ho gave him spinners at start and everyone in commentry was making fun of that idea

Over the yea short pitch bowling has become a mental block, he is always on backfoot expecting it and then he gets yorked so many times . Watch is many innings in recent times n ull see he is neither of front foot neither back so he has gotten out to this problem as well. That block has lead to more weekness

The question i have is what has he done to be considered, he failed badly in domestic season.

Also can he make runs agianst SA, Aus, NZ, Pak attack specially under pressure ....

Now playing pandya means u needs a batsman who can give u consistently 5 overs atleast....thats were again raina cnt be the answer. On some days may be not every day .

We shud look among, shankar, krunal n gowtham for that role 

Why are we going back to him, we can atleast say someone like karthik piled on runs which is not the case with raina. T20 m still ok with but ODi...............i hve huge doubts. 

I hope he works but the chances seems to be less. N i hope we dnt judge his ODi comeback with T20s

Nobody's claiming he should walk back into the side.  But if he does well in the T20s in South Africa,against Rabada, Morkel, Morris, then he should be considered.  

I dont advocate his selection. But he was a big time impact player. He played crucial role in some important matches for India. Someone who never wasted deliveries. He was a good fielder. And also an useful part timer. He could hit the ball through unusual areas. He can singlehandedly demolish an attack when he is at his best. Average of 22 at no.7 is more than handy. 

9 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Joke recalls . Fat and chubby . Yeah can whack a ball , whoopee . Jeez 

cant we find some fit athletic young gun to get in and groom

ffs 

so traumatised by short ball took to comfort eating 

not sure even racking up numbers in fc cricket . Flopping consistently apart from one t20 game 

Pant

Krunal pandya

Nitish Rana

Take your pick 

Raina was incorrectly dropped from at least t20s. That can’t be debated. We all known he did well against England in the t20 series.

We all want to see youngsters get a chance but its absurd to ask for omission of Raina in at least t20s. He is better t20 player than all of Pant-Rahane-Samson-Dhoni-Dhawan-Pandey or any youngster you can put.

If he can do extremely well in t20s no harm in trying in 50 overs for a series.. But for now he at least deserve his chance in t20s.

He is not taking anyone’s slot in t20s. Thats his spot since he is better than most in that format.

People are clueless to mix up 50 overs and t20s. 

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

'Raina absolutely murders spinners and medium pacers ' i still remember Ramiz Raja, but top teams now have some 140 guys around is he good enough to handle them now ? 

And Kedar,Iyer and Manish can handle 140s how? Raina even with his tummy can bat and field better than these three.

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Raina has activated his PR and contacts to make a determined pitch for 2019 WC. This is from the Yuvraj playbook when he used such tactics to get himself selected for the WT20 and eventually cost us big time. Can kiss 2019 goodbye if we go there with never-was like Raina. Aggravates me so much how blind the selectors are towards genuine candidates for middle order vacancies like Mayank, KLR or even Pant.

Pant couldn't put his bat against lallu A team bowlers and was batting like a deer infront of headlights against England in the same match when a pot-bellied Raina smoked them.Sure that leg-side slogger will bat better than Raina.First let him score some good runs against a decent A team lineup and then we will take about whether he is good enough for international cricket.

Edited by Cricket_Fan
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He will not play only England in WC.

As much as i dnt want it, even i wnt say that cant happen

The team mngmt is hesitant to try new comers and with jadhav fitness and not so great perfomances , u never knw .

We are going to be playing a lot of T20 now so he might score , specially in Nidhas where i dnt see anyone testing him

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Has beens, senior all these terms give an impression that he is 35. He played his last game at age of 29, age when most Indian players are still finding their  feet.

He is 31 right now. If he has improved his fitness and perfoming at domestic level, there shouldn't be any reason why he can't play for India again.

but he isnt really performing at domestic level. has been an utter failure in Vijay Hazare trophy. T20 he can still play where he has to just play his shots.